It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. missiles infected with Chinese fakes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Serves us right for buying more chinese products. WHEN WILL WE LEARN!!!!!!!!

They cant even make a decent CAN-OPENER.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I worked for a place that was making targeting systems for fighter jets and we bought chips from both China and Russia! Thing is, the quality was sub-par. Rejecting at least 50% due to shoddy construction. But they were dirt cheap hence why they were being used. The "backdoor" issue has me stumped. On one hand I can see it being done. On the other hand with the quality being so low I can't figure out howthey would do it.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Backdoor in chip used by military: Blame software, not China

The chips are used in military and industrial systems such as nuclear power plants, and “this backdoor access could be turned into an advanced Stuxnet weapon to attack potentially millions of systems," Skorobogatov wrote.

And because the chips are manufactured in China for the California-based Actel, a division of Microsemi, suspicion quickly fell to the Chinese, especially after Skorobagatov’s paper began circulating on the Web and a number of news outlets ran stories linking China to the chips.

But those claims were quickly disputed, even by Skorobogatov, who told ZDNet Australia that Actel, not a Chinese manufacturer, inserted the backdoor.

"The claims about [the] Chinese being involved, was made up by someone who originally made the post at Reddit," he told ZDNet. “It is as though people have put two and two together and made four or five or six, depending on what their agenda is.”

(((bold mine)))

Well.... nice to see the truth is out on that. Although the fact that the media loves a good "story" still doesn't explain how they failed to recollect that it was ATS that broke the REAL story about deliberately flawed hardware for military use coming out of China in 2008!

FBI Fears Chinese Hackers Have Back Door Into US Government & Military

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Maybe it's just me...........but WHY are we allowing any of our critical components of our weapons systems to be made by non allies and potential future foes??? Seems very stupid to me.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I love it. American bombs have a "Made in China" stamp.

Wow. Just...wow.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB
I seriously doubt that the U.S. military paid any less than top dollar for these Chinese parts. How can you ask for more money unless you've spent all you've been given?

Edit: "$2 part" umm... not that much, unless that's just a figure of speech.

Just mind boggling that they buy weapon parts from potential enemies. I wonder what dunce-capped moron signed off on that order. He should lose his job immediately, along with every "yes man" who didn't speak up.
edit on 6/5/2012 by MeesterB because: (no reason given)

Yes, it is almost as stupid as arming Saddam with WMD in the 80's and 90's and then triaining his troops to use poison gas on the battlefield. Then to toit off we provided material support to deploy poison gas ....

yet, Rumsfeld was not hanged along side Saddam.... too bad!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I don't see any conspiracy here to be honest. Just good and old greed of corporations to get richer.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
always makes me laugh when people try and skimp a few bucks on a multi million dollar program as who the hell at the pentagon is going to notice an extra 10 bucks a missile when they cost probably 250,000 bucks a piece

if you're gonna make stuff for the military i'd expect a regular audit team wanting to see the chips as they come of the line not just a USA sticker over the china part of 'made in china'

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
In a previous post I said that excessive rely on technology is the american's military "Achilles' heel", I've been bashed and ridicularized... Now, you see, american army weapons are stamped "Made in China" and its highly possible that they can be nullified by the chinese...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by HEYJOSE
Was it Marx or Lenin who said, a capitalist will sell you the rope to hang him with? This is what happens when traitorous American Corporations scew American workers, close shop and go to China to make their goods in Chinese sweat shops to screw Chinese workers. Really, the level of stupidity is really off the charts!

And it's one reason why I've been out of work for 4 years.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by yampa

Not sure what you mean. Come up with my own opinion ... hmm ... i just did? If someone has a brain the size of a peanut , that peanut should be able to recognize friend from foe.
edit on 5-6-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Just two words: YELLOW PERIL!

I won't go into how it's written in the old scriptures about short demonic creatures in human form with slit eyes who possess no souls but eat the souls of other nations. I won't mention Chinese atrocities and crimes against humanity. I'll even bypass my ranting over how my once All-American town is over 50% Asian right down to storefront signs being written in non-English, and how ordinary white and black guys are told to get the hell out of town if they don't like it here. I won't even pose the question of who won the Korean War.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by yampa

Not sure what you mean. Come up with my own opinion ... hmm ... i just did? If someone has a brain the size of a peanut , that peanut should be able to recognize friend from foe.
edit on 5-6-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

not a very good answer. Please tell me how china is hostle
towards othet countries? Please tell me the countries they have
invaded with lies and BS.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

The "Yes men" that bought these will be promoted..not fired. I worked for DoD for 16 years, the people that screwed up were promoted, the true workers were bullyied into working harder by the same people that got promoted. The union never works for the true worker but for supervision.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Was it Marx or Lenin who said, a capitalist will sell you the rope to hang him with? This is what happens when traitorous American Corporations scew American workers, close shop and go to China to make their goods in Chinese sweat shops to screw Chinese workers. Really, the level of stupidity is really off the charts!

I'm not going to argue with your assessment, i agree with you. I have a feeling that the U.S. either already has been sold out from underneath us without our knowledge, or it's in the process of being sold out from underneath of us without our knowledge.
edit on 5-6-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Babbage

for the OOOOLD guys

kwassl.net...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Any defense contractor that uses foreign made parts in our weapon systems should have their contract terminated and be made to return all the money they have made off of America. When bidding for contracts they should have to name all of the companies that they will get parts from.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Apparently Raytheon was not aware of the original source.
Not much of an excuse though.

"Returning all the money" would mean going out of business. Not really a good plan.

edit on 6/5/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Think about it, for decades the US has been accusing China of espionage ...

While now, it really sounds like it's the US itself that has been sending all these things to China, for production. And thereby giving all technological progress to China in the process. And even if you say, the US is buying it from Chinese contractors ... you have to ask yourself one question.

Isn't it possible, that the US is buying these goods from China, because China is in reality more technologically advanced than the US is. After all, there are supposedly Americans in China that have the job of "overseeing" these productions .... they don't seem to have had a clue.

edit on 5/6/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
I'm not going to argue with your assessment, i agree with you. I have a feeling that the U.S. either already has been sold out from underneath us without our knowledge, or it's in the process of being sold out from underneath of us without our knowledge.

You should put en emphasis on the word was in your context ... and now that you do know, what do you think you can do about it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join