It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Need Blue Collar Debt Rescue...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Blue Collar Debt Rescue
Everywhere you look there is news of a crumbling economy, a collapsing housing market, gas and food prices are reaching far beyond ridiculous. The government is clueless and remain pretty uncaring about the “little people” that put them in those nice cushy positions passing laws with their $39.00 pens. I buy a dozen at a time for a buck. So what the hell?

My money buys Ipads and Fiji Water while in my household we have had to replace good meals with Ramen noodles. A massively ridiculous trade off if you ask me… But they never do. I am pretty sure they already know the answer anyway.

I hate the phrase “It’s Not Fair!” so much.I hear my daughter say it and quickly inform her that life isn’t fair and nobody ever said it would be. As much as I hate it, I catch it creeping back into my mind with ever increasing frequency.

We have a government body that couldn’t care less about the plight of your average income, hard working blue collar worker. You know… The ones that keep this country running from behind the scenes? The ones who live hand to mouth trying to raise their children with morals and values? Yes. Those folks.

When will we see change that benefits us?

When the rich people start feeling it in their checkbooks, their overseas bank accounts, and their precious stocks. By then we should be on the verge of mass extinction. I think the government would deem it collateral damage and thank our surviving family members for our brave sacrifice.

So why is the government so inept at math? Why can’t these Ivy League Benevolent Leaders balance the nation’s checkbook?

Because they never had to. They were born with the proverbial silver spoon in their mouths. They never had to rob Peter to pay Paul, never had to bargain with the bank to keep their Jaguars from being repoed. They never came home to the electricity being shut off because their parent’s worked 100 hours a week and still couldn’t pay the exorbitant amount they were charged with.

What they need to do…

Trade in all the White Collars for Blue Collars. It’s pretty much that simple the way I see it.

Why?

Blue collar workers know how to budget. They use coupons. They look for sales. They don’t buy $16 dollar muffins or stay at the Ritz when all they can afford are poptarts and the Econolodge. They use common sense because there is generally no help for most of us if we run short of money before the next payday.

A single mother will work 2 jobs and bargain with the devil himself to save 50¢. She can manage to feed a family of 4 good food for $50.00 a week and have enough money left over to rent the new Disney movie out of the Redbox down the street.

Because she HAS to. That’s the only difference between the regular folks and those on the Hill driving our economy off a cliff ala Thelma & Louise.

You find a way to MAKE IT WORK when there are NO other options. When there is NO giant piggy bank made fat off the sweat of those who are now struggling the most you have to find work arounds, and alternatives.

Put the convicts to work. I don’t work… I don’t eat, I don’t have cable, no electricity, no internet, etc. These people have it made. 3 HOTS & A COT included with their stay. Work for it. Get rid of paying city workers huge money to pick up trash off the road, pave roads, mow medians, clean sewers, etc. Convicts want to eat? WORK FOR IT!

It is infuriating to know there are elderly people who have worked all their lives and paid their taxes only to wind up eating pet food because it’s all they can afford after they buy their medications while a murderer or a child rapist eats freely. If you don’t see what’s wrong with this picture you are too far gone from reality.

Convicts actually working would save millions of dollars while not costing tax payers more money. Why can’t this be done? Human rights? I have the right to work for food. They do too. Next excuse?

Another money saver?

Public offices should forfeit pay. If you want to run the country, sit on the senate, play solitaire while voting in congress, then provide your services for free. It is considered an honor to serve your country. Too many do it for the pay and benefits. As a result we get only those who can afford an extravagant campaign to make extravagant wages.

Cut out the social security ponzi scheme. Bernie Madoff is pulling life for running a grand ponzi scheme, but the government can do it legally all day long for decades. I am acutely aware that I will probably never see the money that I AM STILL PAYING into social security. So why are they still taking it? So they can pay others their SS now. That could tick off Mother Theresa.

So in short, this Blue Collar woman has a few more tips and clues for the benevolents looking down on me from the Hill…

Quit buying $4,000 toilets, $16.00 muffins,$35.00 hammers, etc. Cut a damned coupon once in a while. You all need to learn to fix something with duct tape instead of paying $800.00 for someone else to come in and do it. Quit rebuilding every other country on the planet while ours is in critical shape. Quit spending China’s money before you wake up with a gigantic horse head in the nation’s bed and a Chinese tow truck backed up to the White House.. Travel in your own car, bring your own lunch from home, clean your own offices, dress yourselves, fix Martha White muffins for a buck….

I could go on and on forever. The list of idiotic purchases and expenditures would probably be long enough to wrap around the world more than once. You don’t have to be a genius to fix this debt/budget crisis… Just quit being stupid with other people’s money. It’s so simple I could just cry.

Our nation if sinking like the Titanic. The government is currently the upper class who are jumping into the life rafts while we will be the working class locked below deck with no hope of rescue.

We need to come together. We need to demand a change. We need to survive on our own because the rats have jumped ship.
edit on 6/5/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
Blue Collar Debt Rescue

They never had to rob Peter to pay Paul.

Sure they have, unfortunately...you are Peter, and they are Paul.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
There's a difference between a child crying against things not being fair and an adult seeing things that things are inherently unjust and savage. There's a big difference, and things are to the point where points about life being unfair simply don't cut it anymore.

We are human beings, not animals; a social species, not snakes. All this "law of the jungle" garbage is strictly that. 10% having 80-90% of the resources would swiftly be met with a slaughter from ravenous hordes in the jungle; that it's not proves the "law of the jungle" to be trash.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

Good point!
Now I am even more pissed
. J/K

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

Good point!
Now I am even more pissed
. J/K

I am gonna make you even angrier, after they rob you to pay them selves, they printed (digital or otherwise the result is the same) more of their own pseudo (fiat) money and in turn caused the rest of the money (the stuff they didn't take), to be devalued...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

YOU my friend are a ray of sunshine dancing on a breeze of skittles...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

A well written post, Kangaruex4Ewe...

I agree with the majority of what you say, it applies to us in the UK, too. I can,t add a lot other than to say that very wealthy people will always be wealthy, they don,t work for an hourly rate or salary, and these are the people in positions of power, dictating to " Ordinary " people, and are well insulated from the financial hardships of most folk .As a result, they don,t have a clue what everyday hardships for some people are.e.g. The UK prime minister, David Cameron, a multi millionaire referring to our current poor financial climate; " We are all in this together "
I think not !

Personally I,ve fared the ongoing recession quite well. I was brought up by poor parents, and the most important thing they taught me as a child, was to only buy what you have the cash to pay for. No credit cards, loans, etc.
This has stood me in good stead as an adult....taught me patience, too, saving up for things I want.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith

Personally I,ve fared the ongoing recession quite well. I was brought up by poor parents, and the most important thing they taught me as a child, was to only buy what you have the cash to pay for. No credit cards, loans, etc.
This has stood me in good stead as an adult....taught me patience, too, saving up for things I want.

Wise parents, have made you a wise person.

Too many people in the world think they must have the latest and greatest. My parents taught me the same as yours did unfournately I did not grasp this concept until later in life. Although I have since recovered from my monetary follies.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Now you will be even madder. You do realize that the same people that tell us how they understand what hard times it is, and if we stay together we will come out of this, are the very same people who have not passed a budget in over 1000 days. Now I think it may be more than 1100.

I have no problem with people who have wealth. Especially those who earned it from had work. Built there own buisness and companies, but when our goverment starts to bail out companies that are miss managed and blantly running games on the American people, this is where our problem starts. Ows hates big buisness so much but its our goverment that allows it. They are picking winners and losers, given there fiscal record I dont think I would want them picking my phone plan muchless the future buisnesses of this country.
edit on 5-6-2012 by David134 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by David134

Quite ! The tail has been wagging the dog for far too long !

I naively thought we voted people into power to do our bidding, work in our interests. Don,t know what gave me that daft notion ...

Time for a revolution of the French type, bring back Madame Guillotine....

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Thanks, mileysubet.

No doubt you,ve heard the phrase " Poor as a church mouse " (?) Well, as a kid the church mice brought us stuff !

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

Smart parents.
I was brought up the same way. I can recall some really hard times growing up. No electric at times, water shut off for a day until payday. Both of my parents were working class, and lived hand to mouth until about 15 years ago.

It certainly helped me handle the current recession and not break down in tears every time money got tight. Blessing in disguise I suppose.

Originally posted by David134

Now you will be even madder. You do realize that the same people that tell us how they understand what hard times it is, and if we stay together we will come out of this, are the very same people who have not passed a budget in over 1000 days. Now I think it may be more than 1100.

I have no problem with people who have wealth. Especially those who earned it from had work. Built there own buisness and companies, but when our goverment starts to bail out companies that are miss managed and blantly running games on the American people, this is where our problem starts. Ows hates big buisness so much but its our goverment that allows it. They are picking winners and losers, given there fiscal record I dont think I would want them picking my phone plan muchless the future buisnesses of this country.
edit on 5-6-2012 by David134 because: (no reason given)

Very well put!!

edit on 6/7/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

I know that those guillotines, that are in storage, will be put to use
some day.The problem is,who will they be used on?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

I know that those guillotines, that are in storage, will be put to use
some day.The problem is,who will they be used on?

Most likely the man in the mirror....

new topics

top topics

join