It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying Police Cruiser? Any astronomers out there?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by HEYJOSE
Seriously, according to Dolores Cannon's investigations via hypno-therapy, channeled entities indicate what you are seeing is an interdimensional being acting as a conduit bringing benevolent energy to our present realm. I see them all the time and have even seen one move. It is not Venus or a star, the light that it emitts doesn't look like natural light. It is one of the really, really good guys! You are lucky to have one around. PEACE.

That's really original! Bravo...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
It's not Venus, Venus is not visible (too close to the sun). In the northwest it could be Arcturus. We hear about it quite often here. www.classicalastronomy.com...
Capella is also a possibility.

Instead, to the naked eye, you can see it flashing, but not at a steady rate...almost strobing, with red, white and blue lights.
Stars can do that. It's commonly called twinkling but the technical term is scintillation.

edit on 6/5/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
Venus. It got me a couple of years ago so I'm guessing but it's most likely Venus. Strobes different colors? Yep.

Not Venus, you could see it setting in around Winter now it sets during day time or 18-19PM and he says 10 PM.

However, Arcturus. It is the brightest object on the sky in the early night, Saturn has this dead static light not twinkling, so does Mars. And so does Spica right below Saturn, now it's not denoted there, it means bigger magnitude than Saturn.

Arcturians where are you?
edit on 5-6-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Please, any body that thinks they see a UFO repeatedly at nighttime in the sky should go to the internet and download a sky chart of some type. They are free and very helpful. You can put in the date and time and the display willl show most bright stars and the planets in their relative positions for the data you enter.

Doing that process will increase your knowledge if not understanding of those things that move in the heavens and may substantiate the thing you have seen as not a natural object. So you could save yourself and us the using of a lot of needless electrons.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I have seen this relatively new phenomenon. I have determined that it occurs when a larger star or planet is low on the horizon, the air is warm, and viewing is from a larger metropolis or suburban setting.

I see the same thing when viewing the image. It is better seen thru binoculars like the OP said. It appears as a beacon that pulses in rainbow colors of the spectrum. Alternate blue, green, red... just like a police cruiser! The twinkle is pronounced but the colors are the part that is new. I don't have a for certain about why this is so, just some ideas.

I know that stargazing is best done in the early morning when the atmospheric shimmer induced by the heat of daytime is less pronounced. The earth cools as soon as the sun sets and by the next morning the heat mirage effect is gone. The heat of the city is another thing. All the energy generated by car engines appliances and lights and stuff also send up heat which produces shimmer (or twinkle) effects that disrupt star gazing. If a star is low on the horizon then the observer is looking through more atmosphere and that also adds to image degradation. Then there is any effect added from particulants like smog, airline exhaust, factories etc.

Therein lies the rub I think. Most of these reports can be attributed to a combination of these limiting factors. If one views a star low on the horizon, just after sunset and from a large megalopolis all these things will contribute more to the blinking and color shifting.

If you wait till predawn, go outside a large city and look straight up, you can see that all these effects are minimized when looking at individual objects, wether thru optics or with the naked eye.

Edit: There are a bunch of YouTubes out there that capture this phenom...

edit on 5-6-2012 by intrptr because: You Tube

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yah, but Phage... why the increase in color intensity lately? I mean lately as in the last few years or year even? Is there that much more crap in our air column these days? I been looking at the sky every night for a life time and this seems something new.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
did someone already mention to get stellarium or another free/ cheap

planetarium app running that triangulates sky objects for you, with

labels that my 10 year old daughter is comfortable using?

Oh, and can you snap a nice, sharp photo and post, please?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
Venus. It got me a couple of years ago so I'm guessing but it's most likely Venus. Strobes different colors? Yep.

Planets dont strobe! Stars twinkle brighter ones can storbe like Sirius which is to blame for many UFO reports in the UK during the winter months.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I've seen the exact same effect the op describes some years back and, in that instance, it was Jupiter on a cold clear night with ice crystals in the upper atmosphere producing a prismatic show. It was quite a show like a flashing multicolour beacon with blue & red being the dominant colours. I've seen the same thing with bright stars in similar conditions but nothing as jaw-dropping as Jupiter was that winter night.
edit on 5/6/2012 by Pilgrum because: typo

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I made the same sort of thread a while ago. Dont know if this is of any use to you.

Whats in the sky?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
If you have access to an Iphone try downloading Starwalk. It has the ability to show you satellite locations as well as everything else in the night sky. I see these in FL (next to NASA) all the time.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pilgrum
I've seen the exact same effect the op describes some years back and, in that instance, it was Jupiter on a cold clear night with ice crystals in the upper atmosphere producing a prismatic show. It was quite a show like a flashing multicolour beacon with blue & red being the dominant colours. I've seen the same thing with bright stars in similar conditions but nothing as jaw-dropping as Jupiter was that winter night.
edit on 5/6/2012 by Pilgrum because: typo

Sorry BUT planets dont do that they are close enough to be a disc and NOT a point source of light , it's bright stars that do that!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Actually, if the atmosphere is roiled enough, planets can display scintillation.
www.badastronomy.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
ALso check for the location of SPICA... I have made similar threads about these types of observations.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well, although a tad embarrassing, it's nice to know that I am indeed not too old to learn a thing or two. In all these years, I had never seen a star do THAT! The first video of Sirius is amazing and looks exactly like what I saw, so I believe now that is it a star, but not Sirius. Thank you for taking an interest in my post.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

Thank you for the chart. It shows Arcturus from the EXACT perspective that I see it here. In comparing your chart to my sky here in North Battleford, it is the same and clearly I am seeing Arcturus in a beautiful raging fit of scintillation that I have never witnessed before.

edit on 5-6-2012 by Tasty Canadian because: grrrrr

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Thank you all for your interest, input and great links. Fortunately, they have not yet created a flying police cruiser, or most of us would be incarcerated by now.
Another mystery solved by the fine folks at ATS.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Tasty Canadian

i've noticed this star before. its a scintillating star.

Did it look like this?

I posted a similar video on ats that i took back in 2009... took it down once i figured out what it was.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Probably a drone coming to home in on your location and send MIB to probe you and wipe your memory

Or it could be Venus she is purrty

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Some info on the ships and some of the things they can do, just a tid-bit to keep in mind.

First the ships can mimic anything we have in the sky with their light patterns and colors.

Let's say one is settling in for the night at a certain location it can appear as a airplane then it might just drop slightly and continue on then drop slightly again then it will slow then just stop and it will usually change the light to just a yellowish/golden dim light and in time the light might change to white....you have to be really lucky to catch it..... most if looking will think airplane and look away before they settle.

I will say it is rare to catch this.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join