It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying Police Cruiser? Any astronomers out there?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
For the past week there has been something in our northwest sky. I am in North Battleford, Saskatchewan, Canada and I am old enough to remember when Gilligan's Island was not a rerun...lol, so I've seen my share of stars. Being a smoker, I spend a lot of time out on my patio looking at the stars. What we have here, is NOT a star...at least not one that I have ever seen before. For anyone who isn't paying close attention, it does, in fact, look like a star, is about the same size as a large star and is a stationary object that moves like the stars. BUT....I noticed that it doesn't twinkle like a star. Instead, to the naked eye, you can see it flashing, but not at a steady rate...almost strobing, with red, white and blue lights. For all intents and purposes,through the binoculars, it looks like a flying police cruiser. I kid you not...and it's out there right now as we speak. It is 10:50 p.m. here right now so if anyone has any idea what the heck this thing could be....I'd sure like to hear it. I don't think it's a satellite either...I've seen plenty of those and they do not move as slowly as stars. This thing doesn't move in a straight line...it curves like the horizon as the stars do. Please reply with any ideas.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Venus. It got me a couple of years ago so I'm guessing but it's most likely Venus. Strobes different colors? Yep.

link   
reply to post by Tasty Canadian

I bet it appears to blink/strobe slower and then not at all as the night progresses, am I right?

link   
It's too cloudy to see anything here.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Actually I have seen a similar object. I live in Denver, Colorado. There has been an object in the sky for at least a year now i have noticed. It moves in a similar way to the constellations,but at a slower pace, as if it is closer. It also appears to flash/pulsate red/blue/white. I have witnessed many Venus and Mars transitions from Denver and have never know either planet to be visible for an entire year or more. I have some ideas about what it is but would like to hear other opinions.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

I think you're right. Venus has given me a few WTF moments before. It does have a different twinkle than usual stars and looks rather large.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
If it's Venus or even Jupiter look tomorrow around the same time and it will be there again.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Again I have witnessed many Venus and Mars transitions and neither stay in the sky for a year. idk about OP but what i am seeing is not a planet.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I have been waiting for someone to post a thread pertaining to this because I watch these in the sky every single night. I live in Lawrenceville, Ga and every night around 9:45 these "cruisers" start to come out. Sometimes there are up to 8 in the sky in one time around my house. I believe these to be the drones that everyone has been talking about, and even tonight I counted more than 10 during a 20 minute drive. I think these are drones, and they litter the sky here, especially late nights in Atlanta.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Could the unidentified object possibly be positioned over a Tim Horton's?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by NTellect

I have seen a couple of drones in the sky over D-town. What I was referring to and I believe what the OP are seeing is not a drone. The one I continue to see does not traverse the sky like a plane or helicopter. Yes there are many diff type of drones but what I'm seeing is visible every night in an almost predictable pattern in the sky and dose not appear to move.
edit on 5-6-2012 by coven83 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I see the flashing red white and blue pattern and they do the same pattern across the sky here as well. Some fly low, some high, and sometimes right on top of each other. Sometimes they simply hover, but they are always making rounds it seems. I'll take video tomorrow night and post it.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Seriously, according to Dolores Cannon's investigations via hypno-therapy, channeled entities indicate what you are seeing is an interdimensional being acting as a conduit bringing benevolent energy to our present realm. I see them all the time and have even seen one move. It is not Venus or a star, the light that it emitts doesn't look like natural light. It is one of the really, really good guys! You are lucky to have one around. PEACE.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Where do you think "they" got the idea for red & blue lights for police from?
The colors of traffic lights, stop signs, yield, caution, police, fire, ambulance, all follow a pattern.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Hey OP do you have a smart phone? If so download google sky, you can point your phone anywhere in the sky to identify about everything you can see with your eyes.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
...as I mentioned above, it moves like a star...therefore you cannot SEE it moving with the naked eye. It is a stationary object, not a drone, as it is in the same place every night. I wasn't aware that Venus strobed/flashed in red, white & blue...have to look that one up.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

What a wonderful little piece of technology, but alas...I'm old and hence, no smartphone. Got me thinkin about it though and I sure wish I did right now.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

This has nothing remotely resembling a twinkle ...this thing flashes/strobes.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Reply to post by Tasty Canadian

It definitely is a wonderful piece of technology. it gave me about a 2 hour break from work, the boss was having a hayday with it. Good luck figuring out what your seeing.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Stellarium, Download it. Fire it up. Make it your location. Then have a look through Stellarium in that direction to see what it might be.

OK, I got Stellarium up, and I have North Battleford, Canada as my location. What direction am I to look?
edit on 5-6-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join