It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama’s ’08 Donors Keep Wallets Shut

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
story from The Washington Free Beacon
June 4, 2012

They are saying 90% of Obama's 2008 donors are not checking in so far this time !!!

Three big reasons are extra funny:

1) We don't have the money now !

2) We are disillusioned !

3) Obama has not kept promises !

Well if that don't beat all

But it's early, maybe Obama can turn things around.

President Barack Obama’s reelection campaign has lost nearly 90 percent of its donors from the 2008 election.

According to a BuzzFeed analysis of campaign finance data, 88% of the people who gave $200 or more in 2008 — 537,806 people — have not yet given that sum this year. And this drop-off isn’t simply an artifact of timing. A full 87% of the people who gave $200 — the sum that triggers an itemized report to the Federal Elections Commission — through April of 2008, 182,078 people, had not contributed by the end of last month.

Some former supporters told Buzzfeed that the bleak economic picture has left them unable to give, while others complained that Obama has not kept his campaign promises.

“I didn’t feel good that what I expected wasn’t done,” said Prashant Kothari, 65, an anesthesiologist from Tiffin, Ohio who gave $500 in 2008. “The promises during the campaign didn’t materialize.”

I bet many of those same people won't vote for Obama this time either !!

Same goes for the tens of million who are now on public assistance since 2008.
(new people, not the same old chronics)

Those are the "Big Damage Voters" .... the ones with the BiG Clubs !!
(They've Had It !
already)

They want their normal jobs and life back.

Not the 1/2 price fire sale chicken feed assistance money.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I'm going cause they aint go no job so they aint got no cash to pay the rent or they paying the rent because Obama has done a lousy job.

Hell i have never donated money to a politician in my life and I am going to keep it that way they make enough off me by taxes.

edit on 4-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
May be a lot of them are thinking....Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me....

Des

edit on 5-6-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

They don't have the money, but they do have the vote so keep chuckling away.

Yeah, it's so funny

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
What exactly did they expect? You want people to open their wallets and pay more to get less? Less jobs, less freedom, lower economy, less privacy, less rights and less peace... come on everyone! You get more of less for more! You've never seen a deal like this before (because you were too distracted by the mainstream media to open your eyes)!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Another logical explanation could be that the large majority of his smaller donors realize that his campaign doesn't really need their money because he is an incumbent.

top topics

join