It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Madonna's Creepy Concert in Tel Aviv

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedal

Second, its art, and its her art and people who like Madonna go to see her present her art. They freely go to watch Madonna express her freedom of speech.
reply to post by atlasastro

Guess you are the only one entitled to that uh?
Point out where I say that.

I have no problem with art or Madonna for that matter,
Actually, you do have a problem.

that using some of the imagery may have been slightly offensive.

actually growing up I used to listen to her all the time. I just thought that considering all that is happening and can potentially happen , that using some of the imagery may have been slightly offensive.

OMG, wouldn't want to offend anyone now would we!
Someone taking offence at something is easily solved. Don't watch the video. Policing art with assinine political correctness and manufactured outrage is being well looked after by the MSM.

And sorry, it was creepy to me.

When did being offended automtically render those that took offence, as being righteous?

right·eous/ˈrīCHəs/
Adjective:
(of a person or conduct) Morally right or justifiable; virtuous.
Perfectly wonderful; fine and genuine.

Think about that. It offended you, but is it really the video?
Or is it you?

Hmmmm.

Maybe the problem is you, and not the video.
Maybe you are creepy simply because the video offends you.
Maybe those that see the video as evil see it because that is all they know.

Maybe you are the offensive one?

A question worth pondering, no?
Especially considering, as you put it, "all that is happening and can potentially happen".

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juanxlink

Your rant to defend her is what puzzles us(me), why would you defend such a "thing"?

You stating you are puzzled is meaningless and has no bearing on the value of my defense of the video. You could simply be puzzled due to an inability to comprehend basic ideas? I am not saying you are stupid, really! No really.

You could be puzzled because your intellectual capacity to comprehend my defense of the video isn't adequate enough to give you clarity of mind relating to the issue, and the result would be that you feel well, puzzled!

It is simply a video played at a music concert by an artist. Thats why I would defend it. Even to stuuu... ummm puzzled people.

Get a grip.

Its a video at a pop concert.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

So what's your point dude. Just come out and say it.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by happinness

but was there any talent there in the first place?
Just another kid who got lucky at the time. Right place at the right time and all that!!!

Sorry, I don't think luck had anything to do with it.

She's worth 360 million USD.

To gain that she simply sold her soul.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

The whole video was full of subliminal messages as well as the music.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Read my post.
I make my points there, but here you go again.

When did being offended automtically render those that took offence, as being righteous?

right·eous/ˈrīCHəs/
Adjective:
(of a person or conduct) Morally right or justifiable; virtuous.
Perfectly wonderful; fine and genuine.

Or is it you?

Hmmmm.

Especially considering, as you put it, "all that is happening and can potentially happen".

Asking yourself those questions yet?
Go on.
Think about it.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Where did this come from, please explain further.

Think about that. It offended you, but is it really the video? Or is it you?

So do you presume I am self righteous because I found it offensive?

edit on 5-6-2012 by Daedal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Amadeo

No, some of us can clearly see the occult symbolism that is smack in your face and right under your nose.

Small mindedness.

No, I call it perceptive and sensitive.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Have never been to a country bar and haven't stepped foot into any church in about 35 years.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

So do you presume I am self righteous because I found it offensive?

edit on 5-6-2012 by Daedal because: (no reason given)

Are you saying that you have no justifiable grounds for being offended? That you started a thread on and have discussed with me and others because you don't think, feel or believe you are ethically, morally and justifiablly right to feel offended.

Or simply put, self rightuous.

Is that what you are saying, because if it is thats good because I thought you where simply whining about nothing. You are not really offended you are simply exaggerating for attention. Manufacturing an issue out of nothing.

Its a video.
At a pop concert.

Next thing we will have on ATS is people uploading U2's concert link to the ISS as an alien Invasion conspiracy.

My work is done here.

Or is it you?

Hmmmm.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Meh.. I doubt its anything nefarious. Many times when older performers fond their money making pop BS is irrelevant suddenly they do what they really wanted to do in the first place.. express their art and not be guided by their handlers. I think youre seeing what Madonna really is in these performances and not the person she represented herself to be in order to gain success by following what her handlers told her would make money. Like it or not... who cares. She seems to be enjoying and making money concerning something she has actually chosen to do herself.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by GuidedKill
So concerts are now just the artist playing music videos of themselves and not even performing........SAD!!!!

I'm not defending Madonna as I don't know how the rest of her concert was performed, but occasionally bands/artists will premiere official videos for whatever new album they're currently promoting while on tour. Tool did it.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Are you saying that you have no justifiable grounds for being offended? That you started a thread on and have discussed with me and others because you don't think, feel or believe you are ethically, morally and justifiablly right to feel offended.

Okay let's reverse the role and ask you this question. That you came to reply to this thread because

you don't think, feel or believe you are ethically, morally and justifiablly right to feel offended.

Isn't that the basic understanding of our perception on what we percieve to be right or wrong, how else do we as humans deduce or determine things. Certainly it would be exactly as you stated...which means I am human.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

I lost count of how many times that wire went up the ass of that guy wearing the orange prison jumpsuit. He was either a eunuch or wearing some kind of protection because my balls were hurting just watching that.

That video was creepy alright, and what was with the displaying pictures of deceased people? Thats a little morbid. Technically that was no concert, no Madonna and just a guy wracking his balls on a wire. On a scale of 1 to 10 i give it a -1.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
that is a small video shown during the concert...what do you all think of the following (see below)

Madonna thinks nothing of doing yoga in temperatures over 100 degrees so she wants to sing and dance in the same kind of desert heat in Abu Dhabi. She performs tonight for an audience of 28,000 people there, and requested that the air conditioning be turned OFF in the venue! She was warned that she could overheat and collapse, but she’s determined to challenge herself. Okay, Madonna, but what about the 28,000 sweltering people in the audience who paid a fortune to see you?

she was late for a recent concert over there and she was booed by the audience....

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

A self righteous human.

So I made no presumption.

Game over.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Ive been to her concert and she has these videos of one of her songs while she's changing costumes. She does perform on stage, but changes too much in my opinion.

I found her to be too egotistical or selfish. There was no opening act. It was just a DJ playing techno music, with the lights on. Had to wait forever for her to come out.

I'm not sure what the song was about. Looking up the lyrics didn't help much.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join