It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd experience I had: Still unanswered. Help!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
First off, let me say that I am in no way fabricating or adding extra sizzle to this experience and to this day have not been able to figure it out.

My girlfriend at the time and I were sitting in my car. I was 16 at the time and knew next to nothing about consciousness or the subconscious. I had my mp3 player plugged into a radio adapter so that I could listen to my music over the radio as I did not have a cd player. For some reason, I began thinking how creepy it would be for some old timey music to start playing on the radio like it did in the horror movies that I saw (like jeepers creepers and some others). What happened next was beyond anything I had ever fathomed up until that point in time. The song we were listening to stopped playing and an old timey song started playing on the radio with static and all. I didn't touch the mp3 player or the adapter as they were in the front console and we were sitting in the back. The rush of fear that came over me was immense, and we left immediately. Not much later, I found out that the battery in the mp3 adapter had died so the station I was using to broadcast my mp3 came through, and it just happened to be an oldies station. I was relieved after finding this out, but the question still remained. How could I have "known" that that was going to happen? So far I have only come up with theories, but nothing definite. I don't consider it a deja vu because it did not feel like one. It was only a few seconds after the thought that the thought became reality.

So, did I create it? Did I predict it? or Have I already experienced this life and subconsciously knew it would happen?

I honestly have no idea and would love to hear what you ATSers have to say about this. I haven't shared this with many people because it isn't the type of thing you tell everyone and expect them to comprehend. This forum is a grand exception as I know there are some great minds here. Thanks in advance!

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
You subconsciously knew it would happen.
If you go back to the Buddhist texts

The Tibetan monks that the Dalai Lama selected and sent to Davidson’s lab, when they meditated they went to like 80 to 100 gamma synchrony or 80 to 100 conscious moments per second. There’s a lot of lore about the fact that when you’re excited-let’s say you’re in a car accident and the car is spinning. The outside world slows down. Michael Jordan, when asked why he’s such a good basketball player says, “When I’m playing the defense is in slow motion.”

That means that under altered states when we’re excited or enlightened even in the monks’ framework, we’re having more conscious moments per time. We go from 40 to 80 for example. The outside world then appears slower to us because we’re actually going faster and having more conscious moments per second. That means the outside world is going at its normal rate but appears slower. This is consistent with a lot of phenomenology about being in the flow and time slows down and this and that. When you meditate that happens. I think when you go to a higher frequency of conscious moments per second the outside world would appear slower. Maybe you can see a head

edit on 4-6-2012 by terry456 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Let me get this straight: You were 16, and you were in the backseat of your car with the girlfriend? Do your parents know about this? I hope you have a good explanation for this, young man....

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
An old timey song on an old timey radio station
Odds of this happening about 99%
What was the song ? Barry White?
www.youtube.com...

edit on 4-6-2012 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I have had similar experiences, and still do sometimes. If I have my iPhone on shuffle, and a song ends, I'll start humming the next song without even knowing what song it is going to be. I also had another strange thing happen once. I borrowed my father's vehicle to do some travelling, and was listening to Slayer's "Reign In Blood" album in his cd player. When I returned his car to him, I removed the cd from his player and put it in the cd player in my car, and oddly enough, it started playing the cd exactly where I had stopped it in my father's car. I'm pretty sure cd's do not have any kind of recall technology, or I'm not aware of it.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

The station it was on never had reception before which is why I used it. The clarity of my music was much better on that station. It was one of those 88.1-88.9 stations.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Perhaps the battery fading in the MP3, was allowing the interference to GAIN voume in relation to your own music....
Thus subliminally, you could hear the background music before it entered your consciouness stream of awareness......
Thus ou began "imagining it" much to your conscious suprise it began to be audible as well......

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OblivionGate

Very interesting!

I feel it was this experience that really opened my eyes to there being more to life that what we are taught. I have had similiar experiences since then but none of that magnitude. Its been 5 years now, and like I said, I'm still trying to figure it out.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

That is the thing though, the battery didn't slowly die. During the thought my music was coming through very clear, and then in an instant the old timey music came through. The battery just up and died.
edit on 4-6-2012 by NotApplicable because: GRAMMAR

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by terry456
You subconsciously knew it would happen.
If you go back to the Buddhist texts

The Tibetan monks that the Dalai Lama selected and sent to Davidson’s lab, when they meditated they went to like 80 to 100 gamma synchrony or 80 to 100 conscious moments per second. There’s a lot of lore about the fact that when you’re excited-let’s say you’re in a car accident and the car is spinning. The outside world slows down. Michael Jordan, when asked why he’s such a good basketball player says, “When I’m playing the defense is in slow motion.”

That means that under altered states when we’re excited or enlightened even in the monks’ framework, we’re having more conscious moments per time. We go from 40 to 80 for example. The outside world then appears slower to us because we’re actually going faster and having more conscious moments per second. That means the outside world is going at its normal rate but appears slower. This is consistent with a lot of phenomenology about being in the flow and time slows down and this and that. When you meditate that happens. I think when you go to a higher frequency of conscious moments per second the outside world would appear slower. Maybe you can see a head

edit on 4-6-2012 by terry456 because: (no reason given)

you like stuart hameroff don;t you lol?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NotApplicable

The Mp3 player was probably acting as an aerial ,or your missus had a wire bra on and was channelling her emotions and needs

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Oh it's just coincidence. I rented The Ring one night and while watching the movie in the dark the minute she got to the cabin and the phone rang, my phone rang at the exact same time, it was creepy dark and it only rang twice. It got me to jump but that's it, I wasn't looking out the windows or anything

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I have had many "coincidences". Funny how yours was brought on by a horror film too haha

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I have lots of moments like this, but most of them are so minor that they don't cause me but a shrug or a smile. Yet sometimes there are some weird "coincidences" that make me wonder. For example, I few weeks ago I was on a "let's try to quit smoking" period generated mostly by my whole family bugging me to quit, trying to support me when all they do is to annoy me to no end, so I prefer to agree with them and hide when I'm smoking just to have some piece of mind. Anyway, I went out for a short trip to the grocery, and I couldn't take my cigarettes with me since all the eyes in the house were on me, so my hopes to finally smoke one in peace died ... So I get out and think, never mind, I'll buy a cigarette from the grocery (they sell them also individually) and enjoy it without anyone suspecting something. Or even better, I may find one, people lose cigarettes all the time, and this would be exactly what I need. I don't why I thought about that, I smoke for 24 years now, I always take care to have a few packs spare, I don't like to ask from other people and never pick up cigarettes from floor. But what you know, after few steps on the street a see a brand new cigarette lying there and waiting for me
That was weird; but I took it and smoke it with deep satisfaction...

There are many cases like this;also many small deja-vu's where I know in advance what a person or will say or do; it happen to practically talk with someone and suddenly think: "now he will turn right and scratch his head" and this is exactly what the person does. I'm not sure what to make of it; it never works when I try to do it on purpose, so I just got used to it....

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteHat

Could it be that you are communicating with the person without words? Did you know them well? Just wondering because I too have had stuff like that happen.

I don't know how much validity it holds be me and a friend could have sworn we had a conversation with eachother not using any words or body language.

top topics

join