It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why America Will FAIL without Intervention from YOU!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy
reply to post by nenothtu

I'm not up for allowing gangs to micromanage MY life.

Ah, but it's cool to let a bunch of suits do it? Gotcha.

They are ALL suits - the sooner you take off your rose colored glasses and realize that, the sooner that progress can be made. It make no difference to me if the mob attempting to control me is dressed in Brooks Brothers or sack cloth - they will fail. the sooner you decide the same, the sooner we can get to work on fixing the problems.

I used the term "ROSE COLORED glasses" for a specific reason. if you are old enough to remember the US that was, you will understand that reason.

I never thought I'd miss the Evil Soviet Empire... until it started roosting in MY nest.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

the rest of the post was about pointing out the shadowy forces
operating behind the scenes to bring us more "change"

in this case Domininism, it's stealth methodology, it's own particular brand of sharia law,
and the candidates they are sneakily backing in their attempts to impose in the US, the most corrupt
political system ever created by humans: Theocracy

as a practicing anarchist
the OP's "let us rally around party/candidate "X" and perchance, we can still save the day "
is merely an invitation to cast myself into the Abyss with all the other suckers

they are all trash IMO
and expecting to be saved is a sure way to be sheared
edit on 5-6-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

The instant it became a rant against the Tea Party, it ceased to be a promotion FOR anything. I'm not thrilled with the OWS brand of inaction, either, but I'm not ranting AGAINST them. That only promotes division. Instead, at this juncture, it's more productive to identify points of congruence and work FOR those - there is time for dissension later, when we have that luxury.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

What if the spikes are embedded so deeply they cannot be removed?

We are at that point in my opinion.

The real power behind the thrones remain hidden, unseen, hell most are nameless to the public.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

It make no difference to me if the mob attempting to control me is dressed in Brooks Brothers or sack cloth - they will fail. the sooner you decide the same, the sooner we can get to work on fixing the problems.

Pray tell, how does every single American get a legitimate voice without it ending up labeled as some sort of evil mob or majority rule?

My idea is to allow the citizens to rightfully vote on the bills that Congress introduces to restore fairness to politics - what's your idea?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The voting public has become completely polarized. The way I see it, and I may be wrong, but the best way to pull back from the brink is a slow, persistent lean to the right. I have heard some suggest that the right and left is just the perpetuation of a myth geared at mesmerizing the electorate, but that is inaccurate. I would like for nothing more than a strong resurgence of conservative values, but we are nearly at a state of fracture now. There are those who want to see the fracture, in fact, they are well vested in it. Even though a time might come that we need to hash out are most extreme differences, and rediscover a new middle, I am of the belief that this is not the time. With such a strong communist resurgence, we should be extremely leary of the communist ideoolgy that continues to push towards the left. Like it or not, we must embrace the ideology of our founders if we want to return to the conventional plan set forth for this country. The founding fathers intended each of us to have a chance at the American dream, but the only gauranty was against oppression.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

We are at that point in my opinion. 

The real power behind the thrones remain hidden, unseen, hell most are nameless to the public.

While you may very well be right about TPTB being too entrenched, we still need to press forward. 

We need to pull the curtain back and find out who is behind it...then show them the door. 

What other choice do we have? IMO we can keep the status quo for a while longer, we can run away, or we can press forward.  

I have faith the country will wake up and rally together....hopefully soon. 

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Good point, star for you..............I've got your back and pressing forward with you.

All we can do is try.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

I am insulted by your call to action out of one side of your mouth and the demand to quit out the other side. I find the use of the Constitution in your argument to be arbitrary at best.

Whose quitting? Not me!

I could not disagree more with your assessments. Nothing is over until it's over. Anything can happen in a democratic election. The capricious hand of fate can change things overnight.

The only thing I said was over was RP's chance at POTUS. If you're upset about that it's because you think he's the only solution. I say he's just ONE man and it's us (Americans) demanding a return to constitutional principles that will make the difference. This fight was going on before RP entered the scene.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

My idea is to allow the citizens to rightfully vote on the bills that Congress introduces to restore fairness to politics - what's your idea?

That is counter to the constitution so it's a non-starter for me. Nenothtu pointed out that we need to get the money out of DC through proper campaign finance reform. If we got rid of that influence we'd have more of a voice. 

If we don't allow or accept corruption AND we install term limits for all elected officials we can break up the cabals and better hold our representative accountable to us.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Nice post and I'll respect your opinion on Romney winning the nomination even if I disagree, but...

Change cannot happen overnight. You know that's not possible.
What the RP revolution is accomplishing is taking over the republican party because we're stuck with the two-party system. What many RP supporters and people in general do not understand is this will not happen overnight. But at least we're trying and not just sitting back or leaning forward anymore if you will.

Sometimes you have to learn the rules and play the game in order to be in a position to eventually win it.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

So what are we left with after we do what you advocate?

Self Determination.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

If we don't allow or accept corruption AND we install term limits for all elected officials we can break up the cabals and better hold our representative accountable to us.

"IF" is a big word.... Unfortunately, no one is in a position to monitor Congress except through judging the fruits of their labors. The people will never actually see the back room deals go down.

We obviously can't rely on the Judicial or Executive branches to deal with it, else something would have been done by now.

Representative democracy has failed. There is no fix, only "IFs"....

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by superballs
i keep reading threads about how america is gonna fail

at least 2 or 3 a week (that i read) for the last 3 years

only thing is your never right.. you keep sayin its imminent but its been goin on for years lol

when is it gonna happen?

If you don't realise it's already happened then don't worry, keep calm and carry on as normal.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

If you've followed my posts you'll find I don't want the government controlled by the wealthy elite and I have no faith in the current government. The current government is way WAY too powerful and I want to see it taken down a few notches.I want it to be a government for and by the people without the constant eroding of our rights.

But don't take that to mean the enemy of my enemy is my friend. I don't appreciate irrationality and knee jerk reactions.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

That only means you are not applying enough effort or ingenuity.

Nothing has ever been made by man that cannot be un-made by another.

Fearing the reaper will never allow you to make any progress. That fear must be overcome, and worked against. Don't worry about what you can't see - it's hiding from you for a reason, probably because it's as scared as you are. Work against what you CAN see, and let the hidden continue to cower in fear.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy

It make no difference to me if the mob attempting to control me is dressed in Brooks Brothers or sack cloth - they will fail. the sooner you decide the same, the sooner we can get to work on fixing the problems.

Pray tell, how does every single American get a legitimate voice without it ending up labeled as some sort of evil mob or majority rule?

I have a voice. I am not a mob, nor a part of one. I am ruled only by consent - if I don't consent, that rule doesn't matter at all to me. I'll ignore it. I don't need to be part of a gang to rule myself.

here's an idea - how about curtailing the bills Congress is allowed to introduce? Do you really have the free time on your hands to vote on every single thing they bring out? I know I don't. Limiting their ability to bring forth any bills to the Constitutional constraints would go a long way in streamlining the Federal Government.

In the beginning, when Congress was first authorized by the Constitution, how much of each years was spent in session, and what did they do when they were NOT in session?

How many "Federal Agencies" were lording it over the populace, making "regulations" and "determinations" that carried the force of law? Where in the Constitution is that activity by non-elected "officials" authorized?

Does it not specify that CONGRESS is the body authorized to make law?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

You are of the mindset that we are fighting only a human force period.

That may or may not be the case.

The "government" is but a front for the real wheels of power.

And no, I don't fear the reaper, been close enough to death to know him on a first name basis.

We agree to disagree leave it at that.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by onthedownlow
Like it or not, we must embrace the ideology of our founders if we want to return to the conventional plan set forth for this country. The founding fathers intended each of us to have a chance at the American dream, but the only gauranty was against oppression.

It doesn't get any more "conservative" than that - regardless of the modern political definition of "Conservative" with a capital "C".

"Conservative" generally means "preserving established principles and practices". Modern "Conservatism" hasn't done that in quite some time.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
And t5hat's one of the poorest definitions of Conservatives EVER?

Why?

Because if the liberals actually have the change they want when they have the change they will fight to keep the changes in place. Therefore they are upholding the status quo, and that makes them conservatives.

so in short, everybody will eventually become a conservative.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join