It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why America Will FAIL without Intervention from YOU!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

We reform the government back to the original Constitution and all laws made that is in direct oppression to any person will be null and void and go back to the original amendments

I agree….HOW?

Will the people we elect in 2012 do that?

It's the duty of the American citizen to rise up and overthrow their government, when said government over reaches their power. Well they are most certainly over reaching, but not one man can do it alone. there is no military in number that can out number us,

We’re getting close to that extreme (revolution) but then what? Who the hell runs the show afterwards?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

We reform the government back to the original Constitution and all laws made that is in direct oppression to any person will be null and void and go back to the original amendments

I agree….HOW?

Will the people we elect in 2012 do that?

It's the duty of the American citizen to rise up and overthrow their government, when said government over reaches their power. Well they are most certainly over reaching, but not one man can do it alone. there is no military in number that can out number us,

We’re getting close to that extreme (revolution) but then what? Who the hell runs the show afterwards?

By us that''s how and only a revolution can save us, but like I said in my first post, i won't happen, to many distractions today, that's why I said I'll drop off the grid before it gets to late.

For who would running the show not the faintest idea, so much for dreaming huh? lol or am I?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

You want a change? You want to be heard? Occupy the Corporate Media. If people can't see that it's the media that is used to manipulate the masses then you aren't paying attention. Take away that manipulation first.

So on January first we all march down to….where?

Don't sell yourself short by repeating talking points.

I get what you’re saying but that’s a little vague and narrow.

How about we start a grassroots movement comprised of REAL tea party members and REAL OWS members (those who share the original sentiments) and we march on DC with the Bill of Rights? Maybe we should get that going BEFORE the election so people running for office KNOW WHAT THE HELL WE WANT NOW!

I’m just looking for some discussion and a maybe some solutions.

edit on 4-6-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

You guys just cant help yourselves can you?

You guys? lol

I think you were missing the point in everything I was saying.

It's an escapist mentality to accept that the current situation removes Ron Paul from having any chance. Do I support the man? Yup.. But this is not to say that I would not agree with a similar sentiment if it were expressed from another person, in support of another candidate. Partisan politics is a joke, and to even imply that the notion of Republican vs Democrat is the 'norm' and to some how warrant a subservient approach is a joke.

I support Keith Ellison and Scott Walker, and if it was legal for me to do so, I would vote for both of them, along with Ron Paul.

The intervention is my support of these people, and what they represent... it's not that they represent the whole of what is my 'ideology', but rather, that they support initiatives that will likely lead towards collectively representing myself.

You guys, lol... oh man, I truly appreciate being the target of such ignorance.

denied?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Do we conservatives hope for the best from Obamney?

Do you liberals hope for the best from Obamney?

Those who sit it out OBVIOUSLY hope for the best from Obomnay!

Where is our adherence to the constitution and how do we achieve it; is that what all of us even want?

What do we do in 2013 after Obomney wins??

edit on 4-6-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

This thread has really made me realize I had some misconceptions about you. It also reminded me how valuable ideologically opposing people can be to me.

I hope your vision comes true where people on all ends of the spectrum can improve our nation and restore it to something that gives us true choice and true fairness. Great thread, man.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Really am tired of the corporate bashing same thing that has been said over and over and over for over 100 years.

Same rap different day and they expect the next generation to buy it Our government sucks because that is a reflection of us Our greed Our lust for control and power and thinking someone else is gonna make it all better!.

First mistake and last mistake because that is why it has been repeated for over 200 years.

I think you’re dead on!

Want this country to change?

That is a journey that begins from within each of us, and anyone who seeks to outsource that power deserves the mastery they get.

Sorry.

Yes, it is our fault as a people. We’ve allowed it to happen…both parties…no parties…people who don’t know…people who don’t care…etc…

How do we fix it? I’m not going to hear “WE CAN’T” from some, because I have children. One way or another we need to fix it.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Again you cant help yourself.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
So, what can be done.

A third party.

The Republican Party has abandoned the Republicans. The Democrat Party has abandoned the Democrats. The only hope is to form a Malcontent party, for all of us Malcontents.

I know, I know, I hear all the time how a third party has no chance. Well, with thinking like that, you're right. it's a self-fulfilling prophecy, and you are beating the crap out of yourselves. The only way to do something is to DO it. Get it rolling. Start it, support it, work your ass off for it. Spread the word to the rest of the Malcontents. Stand your ground. Convince people that standing together is the only way they'll ever stand together.

We won't stand together by talking about it, whining about it, or saying "it can't be done". We'll only get it done by DOING it.

It may not take off like a rocket. it may not win the first round. It may not have a running start, but BY GOD if you put your heart into it and DO IT, you'll at the least leave a mark and have hope for tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Someone needs to wake up and smell the the reality. I am afraid that THE CONSTITUTION is not worth the paper it is printed on. It has been that way for a few years now. Sorry but there is no Easter Bunny or Santa Claus and very soon no Constitution as well. I am afraid the fall has begun. Just how long until we hit is the question.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I'm sincerely glad you're waking up.

The only peaceful way we can take back America is the education of many of its inhabitants.

Never going to happen.

The only legitimate way we can take back America is if certain groups who proclaim to protect the Constituion light the wick.

edit on 4-6-2012 by lives because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-6-2012 by lives because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

By us that''s how and only a revolution can save us, but like I said in my first post, i won't happen, to many distractions today, that's why I said I'll drop off the grid before it gets to late.

Ya, I’m about to drop off the grid too! I’m waiting for THE sign, not A sign!

I think we as a nation still have time to fix things; so do the “experts” who aren’t elected schmucks!

The point of the thread was to gather ideas about what we do NEXT; after the 2012 election and nothing changes! We SURE AS HELL can’t wait 4 more years if we get the same-ol’ same-ol’.

For who would running the show not the faintest idea, so much for dreaming huh? lol or am I?

I think we’re all dreaming…or experiencing the same DAMN NIGHTMARE!

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

How do we fix it? I’m not going to hear “WE CAN’T” from some, because I have children. One way or another we need to fix it.

I haven't a clue people can't agree on what the problems are each have their villians and each put ther own intersts above the interest of keeping a nation.

I was trying to come up with an explanation of sorts that might explain the current state of the union:

The United states is a home in dire need of repair.

The roof is rooting
There is lead paint on the walls.
There is asbestos in the basement and on the floor tiles
The basement is leaking because the foundation has become rotten

And we have "contractors" telling you that you need to this,that and the other and who just make cosmetic fixes and just paint over everything, and charge and arm and a leg for the service for screwing us over.

And it has made us sick and will continue to make us sick.

So the answer?

Mike holmes i guess someone who is more concerned with getting the job done right

In order to get things done we all have to come to a concensus of what are the problems.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Good post.
I'm a Canadian but the only way I see us having any hope in hell for a better future is if the entire world stands up together as one and demands a change.

Doesn't matter who gets voted in as President for they are merely a puppet to TPTB. They all have their own
secret agendas and we don't stand a hope in hell for anything better because TPTB have been working on this scheme for too long.

The problem with the people of the world is that we have become compliant and lazy. There is no follow through any more. Sure we all say we want change, but no body follows through because "hey things aren't so bad" It's thinking like that that has led us to this big mess.

We do nothing as our Freedoms and Rights are taken away from us piece by piece. We ignore the truth because it's scary & ugly. It's easier to pretend everyone who thinks about NWO and their plans are a wack job because it's better then thinking that TPTB are seriously that evil as to not think about the future of the people and to instead slave them for "the betterment of mankind"

TPTB know that if the world stood up against them they wouldn't stand a chance so they have been slowly spreading fear and hate to the masses in order to cause a division and make for smaller groups who don't want to band together. They've played a very smart game to get us to this point and we are on the brink of enslavement. Sadly I think it will happen because too many people are too lazy to get off their asses and do something about it.

OWS failed because it had no direction and leadership. Simple as that. Through proper guidance I could see OWS being successful but again, people are too lazy & comfortable living their lives how they are.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

This thread has really made me realize I had some misconceptions about you.

We’ve had a difference of opinion or two!

It also reminded me how valuable ideologically opposing people can be to me.

Indecisive moderates and Liberals are just as invaluable to me. I know where I stand and I get annoyed when others don't.

I hope your vision comes true where people on all ends of the spectrum can improve our nation and restore it to something that gives us true choice and true fairness. Great thread, man.

Thanks, buddy! Me too!

Now comes the time to throw some ideas on the table and debate them!

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Actually we haven’t had a candidate in decades.

Actually we've had candidates for a long time now... those that I'm guessing that you are hinting about(real candidates) have been present, and yes... making noise.

Do you think Ron Paul is the first person ever to speak out about the Federal Reserve, and the preservation of the Constitution and Civil Liberties? lol...

YA, THAT VERSION of liberalism is dead!

Agreed! Very good, you caught on to why I used the term, and described it in such a fashion. It's because the use of such a label truly fails to even identify any given individual. This is also a contributing factor as to why partisan politics is a joke.

"Our adherence to the constitution has been missing for a long time now, some could argue that it never has been. It's an evolving piece, much of which is to remain as the backbone of its structure and should never be touched."

~MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

Livin, breathing document….BLAH BLAH blahhh! That’s the problem today! Stop drinking that progressive Kool Aid already!

Whoa! Hold the phone! lol... I do suggest that the constitution is a living, breathing document... and those that constructed it knew this as well, some even suggested that it may only serve as an experiment in sorts, and that it was destined to one day fail. This for obvious reasons was not necessarily the rhetoric of the day, for the support of a union superseded any notion of its failure amongst its drafters and supporters.

To imply that I'm some progressive, drinking a form of Kool Aid is awesome. I'm all for upholding the Constitution to the furthest extent possible. I'm all for preserving 99% of the rhetoric and sentiment that is behind it.

Here's an example, that I will not sit here and break down for you, but you can figure it out on your own... for your own behalf. Slavery and the Constitution, who said what, did what, and why. This will then explain my notion of it being an evolving piece. Well, slavery and voting...

"What we do after the election of Obamney in 2013 is embrace our liberties, exercise our freedoms, and express our grievances in peaceful assembly, continue to work hard, love our families, and further push for a more empathetic means of dealing with issues that arise in the future.

Winning... "
~MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

How well has that worked?

Pretty darn well... America's still the best country in the world, the freest nation, and the best place for a person to be successful in regards to equality, discrimination, and civil rights.

RP Troll in the HOUSE!!! The race is over!! You can pull your head out of RP’s colon now!!

The only option you propose is RP!!

Bafoon!

Lets try and mimic this...

Troll in the HOUSE!!! The race is on!! You can pull your head out of your own colon now!!

I don't even care to scroll through and see if you provided any options, lol... just got shivers, no lie.

What are we 16?

1. Ron Paul is not the only option I propose, I haven't even begun to address options lol.
2. I am not a RP Troll, whatever that may be.
3. Buffoon... right.. gotta love the self defeating, escapist, and comedic responses on ATS.

btw... still winning

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Me. I'll run it for a couple of years. You're going to need me in the driver's seat anyhow when Iran gets The Bomb if you have any hope at all of preventing a nuclear holocaust which will end in the certain genocide of an entire race of people..

Obama will just bow to them and accede to their demands, and Romney will just try to buy them off and bribe them.

Not me. I already got a plan. It's MY plan, and I'll stick to it...

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Again you cant help yourself.

Again, a one sentence response, another display of an escapist approach to our current situation. Why avoid addressing anything that I said, it's easier to try and appear ______(insert at will)... before even daring to commit yourself in a discussion, in which you may be proven wrong.

I have ranted about these topics and more on ATS, if you think if I lack some faculty, or appear ignorant on this very subject... well, truth is... as much as I enjoy ATS, these discussions fall on deaf ears. Different stages for different stages, get it? Some things just get old... don't care to feel like a broken record player.

Ron Paul!

I helped myself to some more.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

A third party.

The Republican Party has abandoned the Republicans. The Democrat Party has abandoned the Democrats. The only hope is to form a Malcontent party, for all of us Malcontents.

HELL YEAH!

Why can’t we have 10 parties? Let’s go back to a popular vote with a representative from all parties ARMED at the polling stations to ensure fairness??

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

Someone needs to wake up and smell the the reality. I am afraid that THE CONSTITUTION is not worth the paper it is printed on. It has been that way for a few years now. Sorry but there is no Easter Bunny or Santa Claus and very soon no Constitution as well. I am afraid the fall has begun. Just how long until we hit is the question.

I need to wake up?

I’m past your reality, bud. I’ve been through the SHOCK and anger faze…now it’s time to deal with our reality. Hopefully you’ll get beyond it soon too.

You have a defeatist attitude. The Great Depression was horrible, and I admire those who lived through it, but we, as a nation, haven’t seen REAL adversity since the civil war. I know what that looks like….you don’t. If you did you wouldn’t look so negatively on the situation at hand.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Maybe it's time for a second constitutional convention? Throw out all the laws, all the ammendments except the bill of rights, be sure it applies to ALL people not just one race, one gender or one anything, to everbody. Have enough manpower to see that it gets done.
It wouldn't be overthrowing the government at all, it would be upholding the government, the original government. "Obamney" as you call them, can answer to the people. Don't throw him out, ask him to join in. Let him be the first President of the NEW USA or USA 2.0 or whatever it is.
If you got enough of the "leaders" from each political party and the courts and President himself, it would go very, very smoothly, but of course the carreer politicians will resist with everything they've got.
Probably the first group to get on your side would have to be the Supreme Court, with them, anything can be accomplished because they have the final say. Granted, it's usually after the fact, but they may jump at the chance to be "before the fact" for once.

Not very feasible, not very accomplishable, but it's an idea.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join