It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

its getting pretty crowded...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
By what year do you think we will start having traffic problems of over vehicle crowding causing too Much delays that it effect peoples lives that they are not being able to reach destinations on time.

And what ate some possible solutions?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

We need more education for stupid people, more birth control options for poor people, and less government programs for welfare that are abused to easily.

That'll help fix population problems real quick.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept
reply to post by ElOmen

We need more education for stupid people, more birth control options for poor people, and less government programs for welfare that are abused to easily.

Why only the poor people. The wealthy take up just as much space as anyone else.
Lets have a law that says - No more than one acre of land per person. That would force the wealthy to give back the space they have stolen from the rest of us then we wouldnt feel so crowded would we.

Have you ever looked at the mansions that sit in the middle of multy thousand acre estates?

Give it back to the people I say.
edit on 4-6-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

It's funny you should mention that but if you gave every man woman and child 3/4 of a hectare (I think it was hectares) we would all fit into Australia and there would still be a nice chunk left over. Now I'm not suggesting we do that but...it makes you think.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I think we need new ways of travel or more advanced road systems

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Maybe you didn't read my post and that's ok but that wasn't what I was saying... Poor people tend to have many more children than rich people, due to education levels and money problems. I think everyone should be more educated and that poor people can have more access to contraception...

So why you said doesnt really address anything I did

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

I heard that if every man woman and child on the planet were put into Texas it would have the population density of London.
When you look at it like this you realise the world is nowhere near overcrowded, However we are so restricted on where we can and cant go it does give that impression. One of my neighbours recently complained about the diminishing parking space in our neighborhood, he said too many people with too many cars. When I asked him if he'd noticed just how many double yellow lines (no parking) had been painted in our area he realised what I was geting at.

Not overcrowded, severely restricted.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept

Poor people tend to have many more children than rich people, due to education levels and money problems.

I realy dont think the amount of children they have is down to education. Its more likely that because they're poor sex is the only enjoyment they can get from life. Maybe I read your post wrong but it looked to me like a snipe at the less well off.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Ah I see, no more of a gripe vs society than anything... Poor people are fine, I am one
and generally only associate with my kind. What really ticks me off is dumb people... Of all monitary stances.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

In answer to your first question, I think it was in the seventies.

As for the second, flying cars! Make mine a De Lorean if you don't mind.

Correction. A flying automatic Google De Lorean car. I like to relax on a journey.
edit on 4/6/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
When I got my drivers license at 15 there were 150 million people in the US Now there are over 300 million. Was it different. Yes it was easier to get tickets to events and concerts -- I don't really recall traffic jams - there was no crush at the airport, you could drive for along time on the brand new interstate without even meeting another car

Now it seems like there are people everywhere.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I hate to be a fatalist, but there are no solutions.

We humans will first have to begin foundering in our own waste on a massive scale before
anything will be done that we will all agree too.

And even that I am skeptical of....

Think of this little blue planet as a petri dish. We know that in lab conditions when you introduce
any organism into a closed fertile petri dish, that organism will consume all the resources present
and then die in its own waste....such is what I expect we shall do to ourselves.

Perhaps after billions have died, they few left remaining can start over with a little foresight and
history to rely on to create a new world paradigm....but I'm dubious of that as well....

new topics

top topics

join