It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

coffee anyone?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Whew, good news!

Perhaps my shameful addiction isnt so shameful afterall

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I also enjoy coffee. If there is some brewed when I get into the office, I will have a cup.

If it wasn't brewed that morning I can survive the day without a cup.

I am a big fan of water. Being dehydrated makes you tired and lethargic.

Once I got a good routine of a proper hydration schedule, I feel a lot better throughout the day and night.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas

If it takes more energy to digest an Apple Pie, doesn't that make it slimming?

In a short answer , no it doesn't .

Cooking the apple creates an encapsulating membrane which has no nutritional value and body can't really make use of it .

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Apart from reduction in weight argument , you are spot on .

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 23432

cooking the apple forms an encapsulating membrane? I tried to find something about this but need to know if the reason is because of enzymes being deactivated or if it's because of a food polymer being created involving minerals or vitamins being tied up. It could be other things also, Just curious what you are seeing. The apple/birch tree pollen cross reactivity is only in the spring and early summer. That's the only time some people should have problems with asthma. Or avoid apples in the spring instead of cooking them.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
reply to post by jiggerj

Yes, I heard that before, so the total daily intake of water you should have would include all water absorbed from the foods you eat.

However, on that note, coffee is a diuretic, so it will actually cause fluid loss.

...I thought that was the point of diuretics?!

Great thread, to the OP: I've been drinking coffee my entire life, but I am also one of those lucky folks who just doesn't get withdrawals from it. That being said, it stains your teeth and can hurt the lining of your stomach if you do not eat food with it....
edit on 5-6-2012 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 23432

Originally posted by jiggerj
Will someone please tell me why apples are good for you, but if you put em in an apple pie they suddenly become bad for you? I know some will say that it's not the apples, it's the sugar and the fat in the crust. But why does this take away the nutritional value of the apples in the pie????

Any fruit or vegetable , upon being exposed to high heat ( above 100 C ) , creates a membrane around it's enzymes (sp?) which your body has to work 3 times harder to peel off , so to speak .
In other words , if you ate that apple without cooking , you would of have all the nutrition in an apple without having your body expand 3 times the energy to peel off the membrane around the enzymes within an apple .

Cooking the apple results : your body , spending 3 times more energy to get to the goodies within an uncooked apple .

Don't know if this is true or not, but I starred ya at least for saying something I've never heard before.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
I was a coffee FREAK when I was working. Mtn Dew and Coffee.. kept me half awake on doubles and weird floating hours. Then my Dr told me I had to cut it all out. You talk about the worst headaches of my life! Now.. yrs later.. I consume coffee reasonably maybe a cup or 2 and not an entire 12 cup carafe in a few hr period.
MAYBE once a month or so a treat for me is to go get an espresso or flavored coffee ( raspberry mocha.. yumm!).

I do know this, if I get a headache out of the blue now, a cup of black coffee will knock the headache out.

When I was in construction, when I wasn't working the weekends I would wake up in the morning with massive headaches. Happened so often that I said, screw it I might as go to work on the weekends. I did this for about six months before someone told me that the headaches were caused by waking up later in the morning and my body was used to getting its coffee fix at 5 a.m.

That was the trick. Did I give up coffee? Hell no, I got up at 5 on the weekends.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by skywalk
i dont drink coffee,

i am 30

it taste awful

give you bad breath

give you a 'small' high

you become dependent

turn your teeth yellow/brown with time

i have no health problem, so why should I drink coffee?

i rather eat a fruit or drink 100% juice or water then coffee...

also the color... brown... diarrhea brown

to make a coffee taste good you need to add tons of milk and sugar... no thanks.

coffee for the weak.

with time you feel sleepy if you dont drink your daily coffee..

edit on 5-6-2012 by skywalk because: (no reason given)

So, why is it you have no energy to capitalize the first letter in a sentence??? Is that shift key too far for ya? Coffee will give you the needed energy for this.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Check out some Rawfood websites . That is where I've learnt about the encapsulation of those enzymes .

When exposed to a heat source , cells undergo a chemical change . My guess is that the surrounding cells around enzymes react to heat source and I guess , as a result , the polymerisation takes place .

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

It stains your teeth because it has fluoride in it. I can't believe that the dental industry didn't know fluoridosis causes the teeth to discolor, the dentists have always known that coffee and tea stain teeth. Kind of takes a lot of the benefit out of adding fluoride to the water for the good of the teeth. I don't need antidepressants, I drink coffee.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Thanks for the star .

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I love my coffee.

I buy premium coffee and it really is one of life's pleasures.

Over the years I've read the pros and cons of coffee and the latest studies that support one side or the other.

I won't give it up until there is a sufficient reason.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I've been drinking coffee since I turned 18. I drink about 3 to 4 cups a day, and couldn't wake up in the morning, or function with out it. I drink it day and nite, and I think my blood is probably pure coffee. I'm having a cup right now. Cheers!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 23432

I'm going to do that. I try to study all foods and know some things are better cooked and some better raw. I read that if you eat a lot of fresh blueberries it will deplete the body of vitamin B12, but if they have been froze or cooked that doesn't occur. My question, which is hard to find any evidence for, is does it complete a bunch of reactions using up the B12 or does it destroy the B12. If it causes things to get fixed in the process it is good and B12 can be supplemented. Blueberries are cooked in muffins and go with the coffee

I know that the good in carrots has better bioavailability if they are cooked and they have butter on them because it helps with the oil based vitamins. Carrot cake goes good with coffee

I got thousands of these weird things I know about food.
I enjoy eating and studying recipies. I'm going to discover the inexpensive pancea of medicine in doughnut form to be eaten with coffee.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

It's like one of those jump pacs that you get for the car, they have more boost than the battery does

It all boils down to which brand you buy though..there are some garbage pacs, and then there are some of those premium ones that don't send you flying to the nearest toilet bowl to empty your plumbing hahah

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
From bad to good. Why eat broccoli

phys.org...

I guess a little cooked broccoli won't hurt for it's anti-cancer properties once in a while.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Instead of going to the bathroom, head to the Hills.....Hills Bros. man myself

I'm pretty sure mountain grown coffee is better for you, it tastes better anyway.
edit on 5-6-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CoherentlyConfused

Actually, coffee is a purgative.

Tea is a diuretic.

Paging S.A. Dale Cooper who likes his coffee black as midnight on a moonless night.
edit on 6/5/2012 by disgustingfatbody because: C O O P !

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustingfatbody

So you're implying congress needs a lot of coffee to clean the crap out of it?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join