It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran may face an International Air and Sea Embargo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Their are no other sources I could find to verify what the article says specifically, but according to the source the U.S. and Europe may impose a air and sea embargo this fall on Iran if it doesn't comply.

Russia will be hosting the third round of talks on Iran’s nuclear program June 18-19. Where presumably they will discuss Tehran backing down on it's nuclear ambitions.

First is a quote from a different source, it doesn't speak significantly about what the plan is, but does speak of a ratcheting up of sanctions against the regime if all else fails.

ria.com

The United States is set to tighten sanctions against Iran if the upcoming international negotiations in Moscow fail to make progress on the Islamic Republic's nuclear program, a senior U.S. official said on Monday.

“If we don't get a breakthrough in Moscow there is no question we will continue to ratchet up the pressure," David Cohen, U.S. Treasury undersecretary for terrorism and financial intelligence, said in an interview with The Haaretz daily.

So it sounds like a next session of Iranian sanctions will come into effect sometime soon, supposedly this fall if negotiations fail. On July 1, the Europeans will activate the embargo that's left pending on Iranian oil exports and banks, and if the Moscow talks fail then the next step would be more sanctions.

debka.com

In the fall, the US administration will bring out its most potent economic weapon: an embargo on aircraft and sea vessels visiting Iranian ports. Any national airline or international aircraft touching down in Iran will be barred from US and West European airports. The same rule will apply to private and government-owned vessels, including oil tankers. Calling in at an Iranian port will automatically exclude them from entry to a US or European harbor. This sanction would clamp down an air and naval siege on the Islamic Republic without a shot being fired.

I do have to give credit to the Obama Administration for not war-mongering against the country. He has definitely given the regime ample space and time to comply, and doesn't seem to be all gunho about bombing the heck out of the place.

The covert cyber warfare being waged and targeted in Iran maybe part of the agenda to counter and buy time to impose sanctions until a response is illicited from the country.

Hopefully the dog won't bite when it feels backed into a corner. I could imagine the economic effects this will have throughout the entire world.

(Alternative source)
cg.com
edit on 4-6-2012 by Daedal because: Edit

edit on 4-6-2012 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I don't expect them(Iran) to back down, the talks with Russia are probably just a show of negotiation. We will see but I won't hold my breath.

When this happens, things will heat up.

edit on 4-6-2012 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Seems to me that you Yanks cannot leave Iran alone.
Which country is the only one to have used nukes in anger?
I am not worried about why, just that it happened.
You yanks are upset that the Iranians 22 years ago stormed your embassy and your planes crashed in the desert trying to free hostages.
Get over it, Iran says it wants nuclear power for electricity use.
Why not believe them and if they do want to attack Israel, well let them and if they use nukes, it will kill Syrians, Jordanians and Palestinians as well as a few Jews.
The world would be a better place without Yankee warmongering.
And with China still supporting Iran, soon they will call in the money you borrowed from them and tell your soldiers to "Foxtrot Oscar".

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I do have to give credit to the Obama Administration for not war-mongering against the country. He has definitely given the regime ample space and time to comply, and doesn't seem to be all gunho about bombing the heck out of the place.

Actually, these steps are more likely to goad Iran into firing the first shot so as to justify a full on US invasion to the eyes of the World.

The US is going in...just a question of when.

Peace

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sailor Sam
reply to post by Daedal

You yanks are upset that the Iranians 22 years ago stormed your embassy and your planes crashed in the desert trying to free hostages.
Why not believe them and if they do want to attack Israel, well let them and if they use nukes, it will kill Syrians, Jordanians and Palestinians as well as a few Jews.
And with China still supporting Iran, soon they will call in the money you borrowed from them and tell your soldiers to "Foxtrot Oscar".

First off saying "You Yanks" is simply rude. You are on this site enough to know many of us don't want to be warring with any Country. The US public (in general) is not supportive of ANY of the current wars. All of us are suffering as we truly have zero control of the politicians, banks are other players making all this happen. So kindly take that "You Yanks" statement and put it someplace dark and smelly, right under your shorts......

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The fact remains that the British, and US goverments seem hellbent upon re starting the british empire again with a twist of course..
Ever since that North Sea oil, and that old dyke thatcher thumping hell out of argentinas poorly equipped and half frozen conscripts....the Two countries seem to be hand in glove working up the old empire and starting conflicts willy nilly here and there.....
Its like its the British goverments last gasp at glory for the empire once again by latching onto the coattails of its oversized offspring.......who is actually making its own last gasp try for empire before the money machine withers away totally.....
Iran is one time the tool of both, and they want it back......along with Iraq, or course and the rest of the oil too......
I believe the leaders of both countries wish to position the two in a control seat when the wind down comes from peak oil......battles being fought now are the preliminary strokes in a duel of nations for the last drops of fuel left.......and the US and \Britain seem to be trying to corral every source......

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
This is a massive problem, what if some stronger country than USA stopped all our air and sea traffic? Would we not be outraged? This is a massive step towards war.

If someone blocked the road to my house I would be furious
edit on 033030p://6America/ChicagoTue, 05 Jun 2012 03:26:42 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Ahhhh this is the real reason why Saudi Arabia and OPEC have been lowering the price of oil, to soften the blow incase of an embargo, and if there is not an embargo it will still effect Iran's oil industry. They have it all planned out from all angles, cyber attacks, espionage, taking out scientists.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus

Originally posted by Sailor Sam
reply to post by Daedal

First off saying "You Yanks" is simply rude. You are on this site enough to know many of us don't want to be warring with any Country. The US public (in general) is not supportive of ANY of the current wars. All of us are suffering as we truly have zero control of the politicians, banks are other players making all this happen. So kindly take that "You Yanks" statement and put it someplace dark and smelly, right under your shorts......

My my, you are touchy.
Well then why are you United States citizens forever electing war mongering b*****ds?
And why are you not answering the fact that it was your government that dropped 2 nukes on Japan?
The US has no reason to be in the Arabian Gulf.
If there was no oil there, would your military be interested?
Go back to 1928, when the "7 sisters", formed the oil company cartel to dominate world oil exploration and production. All the mid east wars since WW2 have been to establish or re-establish this domination.
The current flap over Iran is just its latest manifestation.
You are again being suckered into supplying canon fodder, foot slogging soldiers to achieve this end.
No wonder Iranians call the USA "the great satan", a reference to the masonic origins of your country.

edit on 5-6-2012 by Sailor Sam because: spelling

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Sailor Sam

Would it make you feel better knowing that us yanks take our cues from the Queens cabal?

The US has made England money hand over fist for the Queen. As a matter of fact, technically we're still under the fold of the old English imperium. Why you ask? Because a portion of the taxes collected from Americans still go to the Queen.

As far as Iran goes, yea...we're goin in full foot to the hiney...now we're just looking for a reason. I do believe this was planned for some time actually...say since the mid 90's? All they're doing is following a game plan.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Thankfully there are enough countries out there that have not fully submitted to the US jackboot of aggression and war mongering to render this little embargo useless.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

And nothing wrong with dropping a few bombs now and again right? Or would you rather be speaking German? So easy how some forget that England almost caved to Germany. The use of nukes saved more lives than it took and ended a war that went on for longer than it needed to. That does not mean i condone the use of nukes however. The Japanese did their fair share of damage to the innocents so lets not play dumb here shall we? All parties were complicit. It was a war after all...and such things really dont have rules to speak of.

The nuke factor had to be brought in for 2 reasons...

1 to assert power over the enemy not just for morale, but totally. and it worked.

2 to demonstrate how destructive such a weapon could be so that others would think twice before use....that seemed to work too!.....if for a while.

Alas, now we have a country that openly admits to uranium enrichment outside of peaceful use....and are bent on development. think maybe they'll over look number 2 in favor of a extreme agenda?

Or is this not a good reason to go waffle stomping?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus

Nice to know American hypocrisy is alive and kicking. YOU YANKS really don't get it.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Citybig
Thankfully there are enough countries out there that have not fully submitted to the US jackboot of aggression and war mongering to render this little embargo useless.

*sigh* ......Doesnt anyone see the bigger picture here? ALL western nations are joined at the hip on the inside. The outside looks like business as usual, only deep down are all apart of the same cabal and driving force behind the scenes.

You guys are just jealous that the US has more toys to play with i think. And really, did you not expect anything less to happen?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrandHeretic

And nothing wrong with dropping a few bombs now and again right? Or would you rather be speaking German? So easy how some forget that England almost caved to Germany. The use of nukes saved more lives than it took and ended a war that went on for longer than it needed to. That does not mean i condone the use of nukes however. The Japanese did their fair share of damage to the innocents so lets not play dumb here shall we? All parties were complicit. It was a war after all...and such things really dont have rules to speak of.

The nuke factor had to be brought in for 2 reasons...

1 to assert power over the enemy not just for morale, but totally. and it worked.

2 to demonstrate how destructive such a weapon could be so that others would think twice before use....that seemed to work too!.....if for a while.

Alas, now we have a country that openly admits to uranium enrichment outside of peaceful use....and are bent on development. think maybe they'll over look number 2 in favor of a extreme agenda?

Or is this not a good reason to go waffle stomping?

Would you care to explain how we "nearly caved in" when we defeated the German attempts to secure air supremacy a full year before the US entered the war? And how this has any relation to the fact that you used nuclear weapons on innocent Japanese civilians?

I don't expect a reasonable answer.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

Your right, Americans dont get it...we dont get how a country as fine as yours can bend over backwards and take one in das stoolin far more easier and with less coersion than we could.

Tell ya what, the moment your backyard looks perfect and neat, then maybe you can bash Americans individually. When you make things personal, you get nowhere.

then again mentality being what it is accross the pond im not surprised.......

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

reply to post by Citybig

Your right, Americans dont get it...we dont get how a country as fine as yours can bend over backwards and take one in das stoolin far more easier and with less coersion than we could.

Well if you want to talk about bending over and taking things, let's talk about 9/11.

A couple buildings got knocked down as a testiment to how much the rest of the world despises you, and 11 years later you still allow your government to ram you with laws to control everything you do.

Just looking at my yard, it looks beautiful. Wish I could say the same for yours.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

LOL what history book you reading? It was because of German air attack that nearly drove England to surrender. hell you guys even lost a few islands in the process accross the straight to Germany. there is no doubt england was on the precipice of defeat.

And your right America didnt officially enter the war till a full year later, but...England was being shunted with commerce and American supply long before we entered the war. Thanks to American shipping your island still floats. It was because of this that Hitler ramped up U boat production to attempt to choke supply to England.

As far as innocent japanese goes...again, the amount of dead from a foot invasion as opposed to a bombing run would have been far greater in civilian casualties as Japanese civilians were prepared to fight off any invasion into the island or kill themselves if they couldnt. And America had already lost mucho troops taking the south pacific to begin with.

It is for this reason they dropped fat man and little boy. yes, there was civilian casualties...but not nearly as many as if we'd have gone in with a landing party. And why aren't you persecuting the japanese for the slaughter of all of the Chinese civilians? or Korean civilians? I sure they killed more civilians than our bombs did hands down.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Citybig

reply to post by Citybig

Well if you want to talk about bending over and taking things, let's talk about 9/11.

A couple buildings got knocked down as a testiment to how much the rest of the world despises you, and 11 years later you still allow your government to ram you with laws to control everything you do.

Just looking at my yard, it looks beautiful. Wish I could say the same for yours.

I say alot of tempermental and idiotic things, but this just takes the cake. So 3000 citizens deserved a fiery death because their gov't was meddling (in secrecy) in the middle east?
Yeah whatever.
I hate what they did but that still makes no sense.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

Travel to India much? 9/11 was allowed to happen to push a agenda, there is a difference. Its the same agenda thats currently being crammed down your throats as well...but oh i forgot...you don't have as much of a choice as we do in the matter. Hows your exotic camera system working out? they install them in bathrooms yet?

Both countries can easily carry the banner of being the most hated as both are carted into one basket. i think if you have to blame someone, blame NATO.

But, I digress.....im not even American......Im scottish...LOL

Please continue......

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join