Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Inspirational video.....Man city win the EPL

page: 1
1

log in

join

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
As you all know (well you lot in the UK do anyway!)...Manchester City won the English Premier league this season in the most dramatic of ways, I've seen video after video of this last game, but I have finally found the one video that encapsulates the day as a whole!

Enjoy!........and make sure you have your speakers turned up to the max!

edit on 4/6/2012 by Argyll because: (no reason given)




posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
What a great game, amazing comeback from the blues.

I went absolutely nuts when Aguero scored.



posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by reflexlm
 


I've watched them for nearly 40 years mate!......football just doesn't get any better than this!



posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by reflexlm
 


I've watched them for nearly 40 years mate!......football just doesn't get any better than this!


Wow it must feel great to see them win it after the long, long drought!

I am not British myself, but am a great admirer of the citizens



posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
its a pretty sad indictment on the game of football that one of the recent heavy weights winning something is such a big deal. shows the state of the game and the monopoly a couple of teams have had on it. Nothing really impressive about this at all. of course a team with the money man city has should be right up there and contesting the premiership.

If Queens Park or Norwich win next year that will be inspirational and amazing. but that's never going to happen, such is the tedious nature of the premier league.

this is another victory for big money teams of football, winning as usual. a crying shame football is being destroyed by such a backwards system

could do with something like the nfl in america, or the australia rugby league nrl in australia. Bring in a reasonable salary cap or trade and a play off system, stop this plutocratic dominance of teams like man city, united, arsenal and chelsea

i doubt many true man city fans could have afforded to have gone to the game to have seen the victory either. all tickets these days are overpriced so the middle class yuppies can attend the big games that matter

how you expect me to be inspired by another hyper-plutocratic team winning the premier league again. hooray, lets have a show of hands for the only competition in the world that is more predictable than the british summer

i could rant about the shambolic premier league all day.

Calzaghe eating Lacy alive was inspirational. Fiji beating Wales in the 2007 rugby world cup was inspirational. The NZ Kiwis winning the 2008 rugby league world cup was inspirational. Burnleys Carling Cup run in 2009 was inspirational. Jesse Owens '36 was inspirational. Armstrong was inspirational. Derek Redmond running with a torn hammy was inspirational. Mandela 95 was inspirational. Everytime I see a rugby or american football player running around on injured legs or carrying broken jaws(sometimes for 80 minutes), that's inspirational. When Michael De Vere went to the sideline with a gash down the side of his head and took about 10 shots from a staple gun to keep it closed, rather than letting his team mates down by going to the dressing room for traditional stitches, that inspires me.

An inspirational moment is one that is remembered over history by neutrals and team fans alike. Nobody but man city fans will ever remember their victory as inspirational

There is plenty that inspires me, but a group of big girls blouses playing for one of the wealthiest teams in the world, doing what they should be doing(winning) isn't one of them.



posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
They haven't won in 44 years.

I understand your point though.



posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by reflexlm
They haven't won in 44 years.

I understand your point though.


but they won by becoming exactly what the premier league doesn't need, another soulless club with very few local fans in the stands and a boat load of mercenaries.

ive had it up to my neck with man city fans acting like they're the fans team and have slayed the dragon, not realising they are the dragon and represent nothing but fat cats and fair weather fans



posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JailTales
 


Well said that man. I don't post very often, but I had to agree with everything you said. Teams like man city are the very reason I felt out of love with football, it has become nothing more than a money game, and not just in England. How predictable has the champions(&runners up & 3rd &4th) league become?

Nowadays teams from small countries have little to no chance of competing on a level playing field, purely because they don't have a ridiculous billionaire owner. Even when smaller teams produce outstanding talents, they are quickly lured away by the ludicrous wages on offer at the top clubs. I mean come on, £200,000 a week to kick a ball around! A skilled heart surgeon couldn't expect to earn that much in a year

Don't get me wrong, I will always have a place in my heart for my own team(the once mighty Glasgow Celtic) but the state of the game these days leaves me cold.



posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll
 


Sorry to disagree, but I hardly think that the team with the most money winning the epl is inspirational. Surely the team that can afford the finest players on the biggest wages(I forget the exact figures, but the squad is paid more than the club's actual income) should be expected to win?

Don't get me wrong, a great day for the fans after decades of being man u's poor relations, but not exactly inspirational for the rest of us...just another club we can no longer afford to compete with



posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Some of these replies make me laugh!

Yes, Manchester City were incredibly lucky to have a multi billionaire invest his money into the club, but it is his money, MCFC have no debts, yes they have recorded a loss the last couple of seasons, which is totally understandable, all they have done is "fast track" what Manchester United have done for the last 20+ years......outspend their rivals!

Manchester City's owner, Sheik Mansour, is the only real loser thus far in City's development, it is his bank balance that has suffered, but all the people claiming what he has done is "bad for football" should for a moment reflect on the "City factor"....when City identify a player they want to buy and approach his club, there is a significant premium added to that transfer fee because it is MCFC that are the buyers, now that money is not being borrowed, it is a straight forward payment!.....so who is losing out? City or the selling club?....the answer is City.
They are, perversely, helping clubs of a lower stature by paying inflated transfer fees.

But perish the thought that City's biggest rivals, Manchester United should take the moral high ground, what is more obscene.....a club that is financed wholly by it's owner and has no debt, or a club that has to hand over £50 million every year to it's owners just to service the interest payments on it's owners debts?

And to the poster above who claimed that City were a "soulless" club, try telling that to the 48,000 people in the Etihad on that day.....or the 100,000 that turned up for City's victory parade a few days later!....not to mention the 10's of thousands that followed and supported them when they sank to the 3rd tier of English football a few years back!


All the above aside, I labelled the video as "inspirational" I was referring entirely to the video, and not especially the club, however I am obviously biased!.....watch it again without a club allegiance.....I think the creator of the video captured the day excellently and his/her choice of clips and the music.....especially the music.......was inspirational!


edit on 5/6/2012 by Argyll because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
Some of these replies make me laugh!

Yes, Manchester City were incredibly lucky to have a multi billionaire invest his money into the club, but it is his money, MCFC have no debts, yes they have recorded a loss the last couple of seasons, which is totally understandable, all they have done is "fast track" what Manchester United have done for the last 20+ years......outspend their rivals!

Manchester City's owner, Sheik Mansour, is the only real loser thus far in City's development, it is his bank balance that has suffered, but all the people claiming what he has done is "bad for football" should for a moment reflect on the "City factor"....when City identify a player they want to buy and approach his club, there is a significant premium added to that transfer fee because it is MCFC that are the buyers, now that money is not being borrowed, it is a straight forward payment!.....so who is losing out? City or the selling club?....the answer is City.
They are, perversely, helping clubs of a lower stature by paying inflated transfer fees.

But perish the thought that City's biggest rivals, Manchester United should take the moral high ground, what is more obscene.....a club that is financed wholly by it's owner and has no debt, or a club that has to hand over £50 million every year to it's owners just to service the interest payments on it's owners debts?

And to the poster above who claimed that City were a "soulless" club, try telling that to the 48,000 people in the Etihad on that day.....or the 100,000 that turned up for City's victory parade a few days later!....not to mention the 10's of thousands that followed and supported them when they sank to the 3rd tier of English football a few years back!


All the above aside, I labelled the video as "inspirational" I was referring entirely to the video, and not especially the club, however I am obviously biased!.....watch it again without a club allegiance.....I think the creator of the video captured the day excellently and his/her choice of clips and the music.....especially the music.......was inspirational!


edit on 5/6/2012 by Argyll because: (no reason given)


I just told you that City is a soulless club, is what you said supposed to impress me?

Getting tens of thousands for a game or two in the 3rd tier is nothing considering city's catchment area.



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JailTales
 





I just told you that City is a soulless club, is what you said supposed to impress me? Getting tens of thousands for a game or two in the 3rd tier is nothing considering city's catchment area.


I'm not trying to impress anyone mate......on what basis do you consider City to be a soulless club?....have you come to that conclusion after attending matches?....meeting fans?....or have you formed that opinion because of what you read in the papers?

And it wasn't a game or two that City had 30,000+ fans attending.....it was every single home game.




An inspirational moment is one that is remembered over history by neutrals and team fans alike. Nobody but man city fans will ever remember their victory as inspirational


You couldn't be more wrong.

You don't follow football do you?
edit on 6/6/2012 by Argyll because: (no reason given)





new topics

top topics



 
1

log in

join