It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy discussions and off topic discussions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
When the posters goes to recent threads, the first thing you see is ‘conspiracy discussions‘, and 9 out of 10 times that’s where the posters will turn to for information ,therefore not paying attention to the off topic side.

10 out of 10 times a mod for some reason will put your post that you put in the conspiracy section in the off topic section where it really doesn’t generate the replies like the conspiracy side.

Would it possible to put the ‘conspiracy and off topic’ side by side, and opened together like the conspiracy side is.

Can they both be opened instead of having to click the off topic to see what people have posted like the conspiracy side is ?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

Ah , I Dunno , Try and Think of Better Conspiracies if you Desire more Attention I Guess > ? .....

i297.photobucket.com...
edit on 4-6-2012 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Well this is a conspiracy site so the "Conspiracy" related topics will be first and the "off topic" topics are second. It really only takes but a click of the mouse or pad to get to the "off topic posts." Most people come here to read the conspiracy related topics so it makes sense those threads would be top priority.

Mods move threads because many times threads are posted in the wrong forum which can also mean it's on the wrong side of the board so to speak. That doesn't make it less interesting. It doesn't really matter what side it's on, it should be the content that gets the attention of the reader. Personally I check the "off topic" posts a couple times a day but I'm mostly interested in the "conspiracy" generated topics.

There are many cool ways to search ATS for interesting topics. You can go to each forum you enjoy and look at the topics being discussed in various ways by either:new threads, by flags or by replies. Many times I'll just go to the forum I am interested in and click on an older page like 30 and see what is there. I have found many good threads from years back that didn't get the attention they maybe should have but ATS has a wider viewing audience now so I don't mind bumping older threads I find interesting. It's nice to get a new perspective even a few years later. You can also go to the "new topics fire-hose" and see what has been posted in the last 24 hrs. Personally I have a nice little method of viewing ATS to where I see the most of what has been posted recently and I also avoid forums I don't enjoy by clicking the red "-" symbol next to threads on the "recent posts" page.

It took me a while to figure out how I wanted to view ATS and it has changed a lot since I joined but I enjoy it. I get annoyed at some of the content but I have learned to just ignore it. I actually think it's much easier to find new topics or even older topics than it was before. I think it's more organized than it was when I first joined and I like it.

edit on 6/4/2012 by mblahnikluver because: spelling

edit on 6/4/2012 by mblahnikluver because: more spelling..

edit on 6/4/2012 by mblahnikluver because: I should have proof read

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

It's a commercial enterprise here, so listen to what topic are being promoted on their ATS radio stream program and ditto it with threads that have an original spin to them.

I'll give you an example. Aliens are piloting aircraft that are producing chemtrails making everyone complaint and docile.

Plaster something for the first time that Wikileaks has not published yet and it goes into the bit bin because that's not the business these folks are in.

What was it that UFO H- Bill B- said, or maybe it was some other person in his line of work, I can't recall exactly, who made the comment to the effect, if it's something real you can get sued by that real something, if it is something totally fabricated about nothing, nothing can't sue you.

These people have a business to protect. They have to follow the pro wrestling program. The mods are like bookers. prowrestling.wikia.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

lmaf

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

It might be a hilarious business model, but I guess they laugh all the way to the bank practicing it.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Actually, we simply try to make ATS Live as diverse as we can in order to keep people's interest for three hours.

The subjects we cover are put together by either Semper or myself from a pool of topics that can be suggested by staff or board members each week, solely for the show. Johnny picks the turbo topics himself and we work through them on the fly.

The majority of those topics come from what site members find to be popular - most flagged/starred/number of responses etc but some of them are not.

ATS is a user generated content site. The really popular stuff here is dictated by members. The staff have nothing to do with it, so I'm afraid that - as much as a pro-wrestling fan as I am - your "booker" analogy simply doesn't fit.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I believe you described a system where you have a collective programing directing department instead of a single program directer. A programing directer is much like a booker is to pro wrestling, and where I was coming from in illuminating a business model that is in the business of gathering ears to use as a commodity to sell to advertisers. In TV its ears and eyes. I've seen "eyeball charts." The most sought after are rural southerner eyeballs. Because you can sell those to companies like Wal*Mart and their checks don't bounce. Other demographics spend their time out on golf courses all day, and think of chemtrails are what comes out of the herbicide sprayer out on the links. They shop at Neiman Marcus.

With that said I am equally confident you have a legal department or a lawyer you consult content guidelines with to make sure that the topics remain abstract and vague on the who what where when and whys. Using a purely fictitious topic here as an example "American Airlines are involved in chemtrails" I think would end up in the bit pile for obvious reasons. "Jetliners are involved in chemtrails" on the other hand is just fine.

Also keeping the topic marketable. Debunking a topic such as chemtrails does not enhance the product being handed out to the demographic which companies like Wal*Mart want to advertise to. I'm not sure if you would tolerate intellectual skeptics stomping on the free products that are handed out as it would threaten the commodity you are mining here on the net.

I'm pretty sure the content her is cultivated to serve gathering a certain profile of user and listener. All publishing and broadcasting companies have in market targeting for their advertisers as advertisers have to do the same. That's more potential costumers for the ad buck, and so the task of editing content by throwing some of it in the bite pile has to be performed to maintain market focus. Methods may very from one outlet to another, but the name of the game never does. Get the product bundled within a specific demographic that fits the general profile of the costumer's, customers.

I am confident if any poster enhances the products being handed out here, and it does not liable the host, the content stays. If it undermines the products being handed out here, to the off topic pile it has to go. So it necessarily does not have to be off topic to be tossed, I'm saying.

Now if this is a public service venue I would then be mistaken on all that I have stated.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

You're totally and utterly wrong.

Springer...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

Also keeping the topic marketable. Debunking a topic such as chemtrails does not enhance the product being handed out to the demographic which companies like Wal*Mart want to advertise to. I'm not sure if you would tolerate intellectual skeptics stomping on the free products that are handed out as it would threaten the commodity you are mining here on the net.

Hmm.

You've not listened to many shows have you?

ATS Live: 48: Earthquakes, Precogs, Chemtrails, Ancient Maps and Tesla - what more could you ask?

In hour two We'll be interviewing Dr. Lenny Thyme and Michael J Murphy about the film "What in the world are they spraying", and having a debate on the validity of the chemtrail subject.

Michael J Murphy became abusive during the interview. We threw him off the show. Not discussed the subject since. We tend not to discuss 9/11 either.

Which parts of your "market appeal" work out there?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

Springer...

Then I'm mistaken on all that I have stated.

Sorry for my not understanding originally what this site is about.
edit on 7-6-2012 by LilDudeissocool because: typo

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Hmm.

You've not listened to many shows have you?

ATS Live: 48: Earthquakes, Precogs, Chemtrails, Ancient Maps and Tesla - what more could you ask?

In hour two We'll be interviewing Dr. Lenny Thyme and Michael J Murphy about the film "What in the world are they spraying", and having a debate on the validity of the chemtrail subject.

Michael J Murphy became abusive during the interview. We threw him off the show. Not discussed the subject since. We tend not to discuss 9/11 either.

Which parts of your "market appeal" work out there?

I have listened to many shows. By which I was under the impression that this site and its radio stream production was like Coast to Coast, or Alex Jones. I stand corrected. I'm just now trying to place it in my mind what the correct genre is for this type of production.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

Springer...

Okay, Mark, I've been reviewing old Springer episodes on YouTube. I'll give ya that!

I have an idea for a radio stream segment btw. How about a discussion between the validity of a Random universe and a predetermined Universe?
edit on 7-6-2012 by LilDudeissocool because: typo

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I'm just now trying to place it in my mind what the correct genre is for this type of production.

"Car-crash radio"

We start things up, move off in one direction, take our hands off the wheel and see what happens.

We're unique (at least I like to think so) in our approach.

ETA - your idea sounds interesting - write a thread on the actual subject you're thinking about and point me at it

edit on 8/6/12 by neformore because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join