It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dont be belligerent in public, it could get you killed.....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

It happened like that because they were not prepared properly. I think we as Humans should find a way to evolve from simply throwing rocks at each other, after all that's all a gun, rockets,etc are. Human Life just doesn't have the value, we, as evolved beings, should see it as. Life is the planets most valuable thing, money and gold would be meaningless without it and it is disregarded out of fear. Maybe tranqs are not the answer, ok. I also understand completely the need to maintain the officers safety, trust me I do, I just think its time for the Human race to evolve and outgrow throwing rocks at each other.
edit on 5-6-2012 by Agarta because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Well, I understand what you want.

But people will not even take responsibility for taking care of themselves much less taking care of morons that throw rocks at them. Nope, we shoot the morons, problem solved.

Going to be a few years until we all catch up with you.

And, if you find your self in a situation where someone is throwing rocks at you, suggest you should use conventional anti rock techniques, as these people will not appreciate or recognize your advanced and tolerant attitude. They will just kill you.

edit on 5-6-2012 by kawika because: add video

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

Thank you for the advice and currently it is my only course of action. I do own firearms just for that situation and not to mention it would have been hard to grow up with the Father I had without learning how to use and care for them. It doesn't mean I have to like my choices. If it were up to me I would consider personal energy shields that are bullet/blade/assault proof that can be disrupted by authorities in the time of a need to, but that is still a syfy dream lol.

Edit to add: I loved that scene.
edit on 5-6-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Yup. You give people every opportunity to be civilized, but once they fail, you have little choice.

In times like these, one must be able to provide for ones own safety.

During the LA riots people were calling the cops and being told, sorry, too busy to help you, good luck.

Really import to have a plan B, and lots of ammo.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

Hah, Yah, I went to N'Orleans to help rescue and remove displaced and captive released reptiles, I had to carry, not for protection from the reptiles but from those who wanted what I had. Interesting situation it was. Most people don't think of this side of the Katrina aftermath but many people were killed by displaced reptiles in its wake.
edit on 5-6-2012 by Agarta because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

I was in NOLA in 2000, April I think.

Have not been back since. Was a unique place to visit.

Mostly destroyed like Detroit.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
its gonna be sooner rather than later before this all gets out of hand,

You got that right.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by kawika
reply to post by VoidHawk

It is surprising how fast someone will reach you with a knife or a bat.

One the decision is made to use deadly force, deadly force is used.

Besides if they shoot his legs he remains alive and can file a lawsuit. Cheaper to shoot for the center, and empty the whole magazine.

It's nice to hear it actually admitted, finally.

Also...why is it ok that the government can shoot to kill for any reason, claim self defense, and it's A-O.K. but if a civillian shoots in self defense, or claims it, *cough* Zimmerman *cough*, there's hell to pay? When did we decide it was acceptable to turn every beat cop into a 007? While at the same time we have to have DNA and video tape and the signed and notarized statement of 15 virgin witnesses in order to prove we acted in self defense. Insanity.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by kawika

Yes, of course I am wrong. I am always wrong.

I humbly apologise for being wrong yet again.

I hope you never have a bad. A day where all you want is someone to help you instead of shoot you dead.

(A very small child has been seperated from his mother for weeks. He has not been able to hug his mother for weeks. He won't be able to for a long time yet either. He has his bad days. He has no mom in his life at the moment and has no way of expressing this. He has bad days. He can throw a tantrum. He is reassured, hugged, helped. Some adults are not very good at expressing themselves either. However if you throw a tantrum as an adult you might get shot dead. Thats how humans operate.)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

Walk a mile in his corframs.

Go do the cop job. See how it goes doing it your way. Then you will have credibility.

Otherwise you are a back seat driver, a Monday morning quarterback, a naive observer.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join