It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel asks American woman to open personal email account at airport.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
m.yahoo.com... g=en-US

The 42-year-old American of Palestinian descent refused and was swiftly expelled from the country.

Tamari's experience is not unique. In a cyber-age twist on Israel's vaunted history of airport security, the country has begun to force incoming travelers deemed suspicious to open personal email accounts for inspection, visitors say.

All the billions America gives to Israel and this is how they treat an American citizen just because of her family's race. Not only is this a violation of privacy but self incrimination. It is a racist policy and America should not give money to racist states.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
This is illegal as F in Canada... but Israel? Not so sure.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Lord Jules

El Al doesn't play when it comes to security. Mossad agents are usually undercover in that airport. Just do what they ask and you could be on your way.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
so what. Is it any worse then being forced to choose between being groped or exposed to harmfull radiation when your flying in america.(both are banned from taking place in europe, thank god.)
Atleast with this you can make a fake email and lett them look at it all they want.

edit on 4-6-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AFewGoodWomen

El Al doesn't play when it comes to security. Mossad agents are usually undercover in that airport. Just do what they ask and you could be on your way.

What is El Al? What does undercover mossad agents have to do with this story? Why would an undercover agent ask me to do anything if they are undercover?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
so what. Is it any worse then being forced to choose between being groped or exposed to harmfull radiation when your flying in america.
Atleast with this you can make a fake email and lett them look at it all they want.

She refused and was kicked out of entering the country. Not sure why she was there, maybe seeng her Palestinian family? But regardless, just because one country sexually molests passengers does not give another country the right to spy on emails.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
And that would be Israels rules, if you don't like their rules don't go to their country. Just like if a European doesn't want to be molested by TSA, don't come to the US. Its up to Israelis to fight this not us. Do you want NATO deciding what TSA does?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lord Jules

Originally posted by Bixxi3
so what. Is it any worse then being forced to choose between being groped or exposed to harmfull radiation when your flying in america.

She refused and was kicked out of entering the country. Not sure why she was there, maybe seeng her Palestinian family? But regardless, just because one country sexually molests passengers does not give another country the right to spy on emails.

I'd rather hand over a fake email address and password then being touched up.
So are you saying america should stop giving aide to israel because there secruity measures invade someones privacy even though america is the one fo the worst in the developed world at invading its citizens rights and openly admits to profiling at airports?

hmm ok

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

What is El Al? What does undercover mossad agents have to do with this story? Why would an undercover agent ask me to do anything if they are undercover?

El Al is an Israeli Airline. If the airport security finds you suspicious, they will take you to a secure room, where the undercover Mossad agents will observe the questioning. After that, I don't really know, I would think that the UC's would want to stay hidden, but I'm sure that there is at least one Mossad agent visible.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
And that would be Israels rules, if you don't like their rules don't go to their country. Just like if a European doesn't want to be molested by TSA, don't come to the US. Its up to Israelis to fight this not us. Do you want NATO deciding what TSA does?

They can have all the rules they want but that's not the point, America should not support racist policies anywhere in the world. Do you not care about privacy? Or the right to be innocent until proven guilty in a court of law?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

You are the OP and you don't even know what El Al is? It's the Israeli airline. They "profile" people based on race, you bet! Racial profiling works. They don't do the PC thing of detaining mothers with babies or old white men and treat them like terrorists. They target people most likely to be terrorists. And they have NEVER had a major incident. You don't have any "rights" to enter Israel.

I've been through Israeli airport security and I'd much rather go through theirs than any American airport. They don't make you take off your shoes. You can keep your belt on and your pants up. There aren't any whole body scanners. Thery may ask you some questions and that's about it.

And yeah, the people asking the questions may be undercover agents. They don't wear badges. They may wear an airline uniform. They may have radios. Are they Mossad? They're not telling and you don't need to know.
edit on 6/4/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

You are right, America is one of the worst countries in the world when it comes to privacy, besides Israel which stands worst of all when it comes to privacy.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

m.yahoo.com... g=en-US

The 42-year-old American of Palestinian descent refused and was swiftly expelled from the country.

Tamari's experience is not unique. In a cyber-age twist on Israel's vaunted history of airport security, the country has begun to force incoming travelers deemed suspicious to open personal email accounts for inspection, visitors say.

All the billions America gives to Israel and this is how they treat an American citizen just because of her family's race. Not only is this a violation of privacy but self incrimination. It is a racist policy and America should not give money to racist states.

No such thing as different races. We're all Homo Sapiens. All the other subraces went extinct a long time ago. That being said i agree with the OP about Israel's policy of forcing people to open their emails for inspection. They got enough spy equipment to hack every email account on the planet, asking someone to do it in public is a pointless excersice in stupidity.

link   

Yes I care, but that's our constitution not theirs. If you've ever notice people are not allowed to carry American rights into other countries. Also, if you are so worried about humanitarian issues, why would you pull funding? If were gonna pull from Israel then make it fair, not funding to anyone because every country has an issue we disagree with. While your at it lets not send medical aid to Africa because dictators live there. Really just because someones an American do you really think they will get the royal red carpet treatment no matter where we go?

link   

What way to live. Kneel down and lick their boots huh?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Please no personal attacks. I stopped reading you post after it became apparent you were ridiculing me because I asked a question, trying to deligitimize my standing as the OP and consequently this thread simply because I did not know what an abbreviation stood for. If you want me to read your post refrain from personal attacks. Thank you.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
This is the problem with alot of the US policies, we think we need to go around telling other cultures what to do and not to do. This line of thinking starts unnecessary wars.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

m.yahoo.com... g=en-US

We shouldn't have been giving them money in the first place. They are an apartheid state that actively supports terrorist. Seeing how we are supposedly having a war on terror why isn't Israel in the cross-hairs?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

m.yahoo.com... g=en-US

racist???....every country in the middle east want the jews dead, they have been in 3 wars, they are still getting rockets fired into their country...but...somehow you just can't understand the fear and paranoia of israel....by the way, go to a map and measure how big the actual country is. it is a sliver of land, surrounded on all sides for thousands of square miles by people that want to murder each and everyone of them...men, women, children, i'm still surprised that they allow ANY muslim into their country.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by stonebutterfly

Great points, we should stop humanitarian funding to all nations because the power of money is the source by which the U.S. dictates policy to the rest of the world. First cancel all funding to Israel, then the rest of the world.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join