It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diamond Jubilee concert "All the blacks in the house"....why Lenny?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
reply to post by CallYourBluff

Ok, if that was tounge in cheek and i missed it, i apologize.

Back on topic, how is giving a shout out to one colour of people in an audience of thousands of different coloured people funny....or even helpful in any way shape or form?

Seriously, i don't get it, educate me.

CX.

Come on bud, you live in the UK and must know this kind of humor has been around for a long time. It's not that serious and everyone knows Philip is in hospital and needs a racist laugh.

CX

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CallYourBluff
Come on bud, you live in the UK and must know this kind of humor has been around for a long time. It's not that serious and everyone knows Philip is in hospital and needs a racist laugh.

Yeah i know it's been around for a long time, i grew up with the likes of Chubby Brown and Jim Davidson on TV, but they don't get away with any more.

I just think it was a crap thing to say, that kind of thing can cause so much trouble nowadays. Just my opinion though, and you're entitled to yours.

I do get the "Phillip needing a racist laugh" though, i'm just glad they never let him speak these days.

CX.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CallYourBluff

I think there has been a misunderstanding here somewhere I don't see an agenda.... it's typical Lenny Henry, he is a B grade "comedian" at best (and I use that term "comedian" very loosely) whom they wheel out (usually the BBC)
at theses events Comic Relief,Jubilees & TV Charity marathons that kind of stuff etc...etc...

I'm not sure if he was ever funny but thats just my opinion of course.
I cannot put into words what a Massive Tool this guy is. If I had a better knowledge of good & bad comedians elsewhere say the USA I could draw a snappy comparison but I am at a loss for a conmparison at the moment ....... Help Anyone?

edit on 4-6-2012 by GrindsMyGears because: error

new topics

<< 1   >>

join