It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ to monitor Wisconsin recall election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Washington Times

WASHINGTON – The Justice Department announced today that it will monitor elections on June 5, 2012, in the following jurisdictions to ensure compliance with the Voting Rights Act of 1965 and other federal voting rights statutes: Alameda, Fresno and Riverside Counties, Calif.; Cibola and Sandoval Counties, N.M.; Shannon County, S.D.; and the city of Milwaukee.

I'm all for fair elections, but this just has "bad idea" written all over it.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

What do you think is the problem, and why?.
Please explain, i don't immeditely see what your concerns are?.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Until the DOJ can comply with Congressional requests for facts regarding gun running in Mexico...I don't trust them in any way, shape or form. They have no right to oversee compliance by others, when they refuse to do so themselves.

Des

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Anything with Eric Holders oversight means sweeping it out of sight.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by The X

Quite simply I do not trust the DoJ. I believe this action, if anything, will incite trouble at polling places.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

The same Department of Justice that tolerates the Black Panther Party intimidating voters outside of polling places?
That's comforting.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The DoJ under Holder has a real poor track record when it comes to dealing with elections. It started with refusal to do anything about the new black panther voter intimidation incidents, and it follows through with the lawsuits against states that try to enact photo id requirements. I'm with Anonymous, this has bad written all over it.

Personally I believe Walker wins, and wins big. Public sector unions need to be broken at every available turn, and I'd love to see him with a mandate to bust them down even further. If it does turn into a close race, however, that's when we'll see Holder's goons in action.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Wisconsin had MAJOR ISSUE in the last congressional elections...glad the DOJ will be watching..

This recently from the Milwaukee Journal with regards to the recall election..

A group of Waukesha County residents that claim to be a mix of Democrats, Republicans and Independents emailed County Executive Dan Vrakas Monday afternoon requesting that County Clerk Kathy Nickolaus be banned from Tuesday's election process.

The Concerned Citizens of Waukesha County in a letter asked Vrakas to file a restraining order against Nickolaus to remove her from the polling area, or to have a special agent on hand to observe today's election ongoings.

"Nickolaus' well-documented record of incompetence and the storm of controversy she has repeatedly generated in the basic process of counting ballots have damaged her credibility beyond repair.

www.jsonline.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Wisconsin had MAJOR ISSUE in the last congressional elections...glad the DOJ will be watching..

This recently from the Milwaukee Journal with regards to the recall election..

A group of Waukesha County residents that claim to be a mix of Democrats, Republicans and Independents emailed County Executive Dan Vrakas Monday afternoon requesting that County Clerk Kathy Nickolaus be banned from Tuesday's election process.

The Concerned Citizens of Waukesha County in a letter asked Vrakas to file a restraining order against Nickolaus to remove her from the polling area, or to have a special agent on hand to observe today's election ongoings.

"Nickolaus' well-documented record of incompetence and the storm of controversy she has repeatedly generated in the basic process of counting ballots have damaged her credibility beyond repair.

www.jsonline.com...

But if Kathy Nickolaus was a Black Panther Party member with a billy club in her hand, the DOJ is ok with it.
Yes, I'm sure that we can trust them to do the right thing.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen

Originally posted by The X

Quite simply I do not trust the DoJ. I believe this action, if anything, will incite trouble at polling places.

I think this may be their Plan B.

- HOLD ON !!! This is the DOJ ! We have clear examples of disenfranchised voters

all over the place here in Wisconsin!
-

Nice try Holder. You belong in prison.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen
Washington Times

WASHINGTON – The Justice Department announced today that it will monitor elections on June 5, 2012, in the following jurisdictions to ensure compliance with the Voting Rights Act of 1965 and other federal voting rights statutes: Alameda, Fresno and Riverside Counties, Calif.; Cibola and Sandoval Counties, N.M.; Shannon County, S.D.; and the city of Milwaukee.

I'm all for fair elections, but this just has "bad idea" written all over it.

I found the plan. It's at Democratic Underground.com.

- Bring your iPhone ! -

Don't start voting until 10 minutes before the polls close.

- Form a long line. Get out your iPhone and take a picture of the line.

- Make sure to TIME stamp the photo.

- The next day declare to the DOJ buddies that the election was not fair and

that you were denied the right to vote! -

--------
This is how desperate they are!

edit on 5-6-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join