It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Registered to vote at Ron Paul booth, never got my ballot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
So basically i registered at a Ron Paul booth back in April. In my state you have to register as a Republican in order to vote for the GOP primary. So i had to submit a new registration form to become a Republican for this Primary, i filled it out and they sent it in for me. (Before anyone suggests they didn't send it in, they did, read on)

I waited and waited and never got my absentee ballot in the mail. I was told i would get it mid May. I called my county office for the Secretary of State and asked what was up. My registration was being held by the state and was listed as pending. Mine was 1 of several in my county being held. Ok so it's red tape, i'll wait.

Nothing came in the mail.

I called back, they said mine was still being held by the state and it was still listed as "pending". I waited.

Nothing came in the mail.

I called back a few more times, usually only once a week to not be a nuisance, until lo-and-behold it's June 4th, one day from the Primary here, and nothing in the mail.

I call again. Again, state is still holding it. They said i can go to my local polling place and tell them to let me vote on a Provisional Ballot as i won't be on the list to vote there. I expect trouble getting that done, i know the types who man the polling places, they get their 1 day to be your typical bureaucratic jerks to the masses and by god they're going to do it!! But they also said i can vote at the SOS Office i've been calling, so at least i have a back up plan.

I have voted in the past and i know for a fact the red tape machine is absurdly broken for voting in America. They are not efficient. But at the same time, they make it so easy, it tends to be broken in the sense of how easy it is to vote not how hard. I have had to jump through some pretty absurd hoops just to vote. I won't draw any concrete conclusions here, but i am going to rub my chin and whisper "interesting" that a Ron Paul group submits my voter reg form and the state decides to hold it for review until the election passes.

p.s. the people at the Secretary of State office were very helpful, they offered me the solutions and were waiting for the state to release the ballot, so i credit them where its due.
edit on 4-6-2012 by tpsreporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tpsreporter

Rest assured you won't see Eric Holder stepping up to help you! This country is so screwed due to corrupt politicians (on BOTH sides) it is absolutely criminal......

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Yup,

First time I registered in LA county they stiffed me on the first election.

Not on the list, sorry sir, here call this number...

ring ring, "hello, LA county denier of voters registered as non-democrats department"

"I sent it in"

"Yup, got it right here"

"They say I am not on the list"

"Yes, we are required to verify your application before you can be put on the list"

"Ok, what do you need?"

"Just read me your CA license number"

"It was on the application"

"Yes, but you are required to read it to us over the phone"

"Wouldn't it make more sense for you to run it through a computer check and just make sure it is a valid number and matches my name"

"Sir, calm down please"

"*$%*( )(#$)(&*)( *&#$&# )#($&)$#&)"

click...hello.... hello....

edit on 4-6-2012 by kawika because: corectolated spel'n err

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
www.longdistancevoter.org...-EURSQxU

Verify your voter registration
It's best to verify your voter registration before applying for your absentee ballot. If there's a problem with your registration, register again before proceeding.

NOTE: Most people receive their voter registration cards in the mail 2-3 weeks after registering to vote. Don't worry if you lost or never received it. You don't actually need your voter registration card to vote.

How do I do that exactly??
edit on 4-6-2012 by kawika because: added link

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
If you registered as an Republican, then it's very likely some Democrat trashed your registration form.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

If Your Name Is Not on the List at Your Polling Place
If your name does not appear on the voter list at your polling place, you have the right to cast a provisional ballot at any polling place in the county in which you are registered to vote.

Provisional ballots are ballots cast by voters who:

Believe they are registered to vote even though their names do not appear on the official voter registration list;
Believe the official voter registration list incorrectly lists their political party preference; or
Vote by mail but cannot locate their vote-by-mail ballot and instead want to vote at a polling place.
Your provisional ballot will be counted after county elections officials have confirmed that you are registered to vote and did not vote elsewhere in that same election. The poll worker can give you information about how to check that your provisional ballot was counted and, if it was not counted, the reason why.

In Michigan they do not count the absentee ballots unless the race is close enough where they could make a difference. Provisional ballots sounds like a similar thing. My vote has not seemed to matter for a long time, although I always do still vote.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
When it comes to certain things Ron Paul, its best to lay low, then spill the beans when its time.........like the delegate strategy,,,,,they wouldnt have had time to prepare if he hadnt mentioned it. I realize it was a booth though, nothing surprises me with these reptiles.
edit on 4-6-2012 by avatard because: 4got

new topics

top topics

join