It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Supreme Court handed down a unanimous decision but, that's not good enough for Obama

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by marcsnothere
omg. Read people, read. Then read again, and again and again

"In a case being heard by the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, the Obama administration argued that since the Supreme Court’s ruling didn’t specifically mandate the obtaining of a search warrant in all situations, then the justices intended to leave a loophole open — a loophole large enough to mount a tracking device"

Obama wants a MANDATE for a search warrant for ALL SITUATIONS.

Reread the title.....It is very clearly stated

Obama Administration Argues No Warrant Required for GPS Tracking of Citizens

The federal government informed an appeals court on Thursday that it has the right and the power to place GPS tracking devices on the privately owned vehicles of citizens without obtaining a warrant.

I think you read it wrong.

Obama found a loophole in the SCOTUS decision that he believes he can exploit to legally
place tracking devices on any American citizen's vehicle....

Obama is not arguing for your rights....he is arguing AGAINST THEM

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
If you'd see an actual GPS tracker, you'd laugh at the fact that they use them in the first place. They're absurdly large.

A guy who was suspected of terrorism found one on his car. (Actually, a mechanic noticed it.) It was about the size of a 8 year old's forearm. When the FBI realized he took it off the car, they demanded it back. He didn't give it to them. They threatened him, politely, of course.

Long story short, if you think the FBI is tracking you, it should be a simple matter of looking under your car to see if such a device is in place.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
first of all, a gps tracker doesn't tell you who is driving the car, so it is unreliable as evidence.

i also wonder what would happen if i clandestinely installed a gps tracker on obamas armored limo, since he see's nothing wrong with that.

edit on 4-6-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)
[/quote

It being unreliable is a boon to the jack boots, it gives them another excuse to dial it all in tighter and link a name and number to all of our movements. They won't be satisfied until we all have our barcodes so they can scan and track and collate and quantify our entire lives. Data mine, data mine, data mine.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Where the three branches of government are concerned, the Judicial Branch is the proverbial lone voice crying in the wilderness, at this point.

Obama is probably right when he says he doesn't need to listen to them. Congress is, as always, the most hopelessly and irredeemably corrupt branch of the government, as it was in Rome, and as it has been in every government in human history that has had a legislative branch. He thus has complete control of it, as well, of course, as the Executive.

The legislature always becomes a bribed, corrupt, fascist gerontocracy, given enough time. The legislature is also the bane of the entire Jeffersonian system, and is both proof and the reason why that elitist model (as opposed to more directly democratic methods, which have often existed in smaller societies) has predictably gone the way of Rome.

I will take a pure dictatorship, in preference to a legislature; as ultimately did the Romans before me. A dictator will at least be more honest, and will not always be a terrified, fascist geriatric, whose ability to make decisions is compromised by his aging brains having started to rot inside his head. The Senate should more rightfully be called a mausoleum, as it is inhabited by ghouls.

It is the judges who have proven themselves, at this point, to be the last hope of the Republic.
edit on 6-6-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

That wouldn't be his first run-in with the Supreme Court. Remember when he chastised them at one of his State of the Union addresses? He clearly has no respect for them (which is odd given that he supposedly taught at Harvard LAW school).

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Is Obama the worst constitutional law professor of all time? Or is it just me…

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I hope they put one on my car.

It would be fun to take it apart to see how it works...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyBuff
Is Obama the worst constitutional law professor of all time? Or is it just me…

Obama is the worst _________ of all time.

It's not just you.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
The minute anyone of us successfully finds away to remove a tracking device from their new vehicle, please post the instructions on youtube. The tracking will be done regardless of what we want, we know this. I have come to realize, we can't beat it unless we systematically disassemble, their tyranny. I'm willing to start just about anywhere, I think many of us feel like a lonely guppy, in a vast ocean, people are not stopping this, or caring enough.
edit on 7-6-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
America has been hijacked.......in fact every government has.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join