It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you having fun at all?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
Well thanks for asking...

Yes is the short answer but it needs qualification.

To make make myself happy I had to give up all resentments, adopt a plan to further my goals economically, emotionally and spiritually and stop manipulating people for my own selfish reasons.

With just a small amount of effort....I am living the dream that I knew would be my destiny.

My strategy was to meet everyone with a "how ya doin" listen to their response and actually care about them as a person.

Most of my fear and lonelyness has dissipated....so...."how ya doin?"

Thanks for sharing, much appreciated
Am doing fine actually, have spent most of my life wondering where I came from and why I was at this place...
Now I realize that it is something we create together and that it is actually possible to connect with all of you amazing beings...
Leaving all of the in depth spirituality a little behind, to grasp into this physical world and make the best of it...
Balance regained perhaps

So thanks for asking and how ya doin, my friend?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by _damon
reply to post by laffoe

i bet you "love" copying threads from glp

Laffoe=141=Lars=Me
Only write what's on my heart, don't copy anyone... Wouldn't make sense
)
Love to you

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by reclaimed
i usually dont read threads in this section
im glad i read this one
thanks
edit on 4-6-2012 by reclaimed because: (no reason given)

Happy that something was usually for you, resonated with your amazing heart...
Love to you

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. D
reply to post by laffoe

No. Do slaves have fun? Are they "allowed" to have "fun"? Do prison inmates have "fun"? A prison with golden bars is still a prison.

True... And the prison we hardly see is the most efficient... Like the greatest liars are always the ones who can use the most truth within their lies...

When we see the prison clearly, we also realize the illusive nature of it, thus dissolving it with our urge to live differently, to advance, move ahead for freedom...

Love to you

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ottobot
reply to post by laffoe

Thank you for your post, you are always trying to uplift people.

I was thinking about this recently: No matter how deep into depression and how isolated and hopeless and helpless and worthless I have felt, I have always found things to laugh at. I don't know how, I think it was a skill I picked up when I was a little kid so that I wouldn't be hurt by things people said. I see a bizarre quality to pretty much any situation, circumstance, any sentence that comes out of someone else's mouth. So, I laugh all the time. Most people are probably annoyed by it. I don't care, though, because humans are actually pretty funny, they just don't know it.

So, I guess I do have fun, even when I am broken and feel like dying. Not that it has really ever mattered, though, because even at the bottom of the barrel I laugh at myself for being so pathetic...

I realized, finally, that thinking I am pathetic for feeling emotional pain is something that needs to be changed. Nothing will change unless I change it myself. So, I learned to change, and I am learning to change, and I will learn to change.

But, still, learning to find actual joy, not just humor, in life has been a challenge. I am working hard to understand what joy feels like, and feel what joy feels like. It is confusing, but it gets better the more I understand.

Thanks again, Laffoe.
edit on 6/5/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

Thanks for sharing Ottobot
Was very helpfull, know that way of being broke and feeling completely finished
I guess my ways of dealing with it has been through much melancholy, but at a point I realized that no matter how much pain and melancholy I felt, still my heart was beating, and still I wanted to share love and to go deeper into making purpose and happiness...
So instead of my enemy, melancholy became a true friend which I embraced and which helped open my heart even more...
You certainly have some depth and experience that will reach many, the way you describe laughing at it all is very helpfull for me, bc I need to embrace that side more...
So again, thanks for sharing.... And a lot of love your way

top topics

<< 1   >>

join