It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Jackson: We Are Going to March on Gun Shops

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

By saying the N-word? Then nearly all black people in the USA are racist

edit on 4-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I know, right?
This dumbass doesn't take into account the fact that most gun-related crimes are committed using unregistered and stolen guns, usually by felons-who don't have the right to a gun of any kind.
As of right now...it is our right to arm ourselves. Does he acknowledge that fact that firearms also prevent crimes from being committed?
Or, is this guy a tool for use by TPTB to take away our right to arm ourselves?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Shill alert......The Rev has begun another poorly thought out publicity stunt.
This guy makes me barf....MLK was ten times the man.
Theres always a phoney waiting to reap somebody elses acclaim.Jesse just happened to be the one in this case.
Gun shops have nothing to do with the illegal weapons that most gangstas use on each other.....
Hes is way off base but gun stores are easy targets to point the finger at, and they dont move around like the gun dealers whos car trunks are where the gangstas get arms from.....
Better he should start a march on the crack dealers......

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I cant stand this fool. Someone needs to slap this fool.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

By saying the N-word? Then nearly all black people in the USA are racist

Unfortunately...

Either everyone can say the word, or no one. Making an in-between is racist. Either it is acceptable for everyone to say it or not.

Simple.

I don't really care. In humor, I think everyone should be able to use derogatory terms, because in fact, it usually pokes fun at the people that believe words are more than just words.

Jackson is a hypocrite though, because he spouts out words that he says classify other racists as racist.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Society doesn't work like that though. It's the same concept when teapartiers get mad when others call them teabaggers even though they say it themselves. Or how a woman can call herself a bitch but if a man does it it's considered misogynistic.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by boncho

Society doesn't work like that though. It's the same concept when teapartiers get mad when others call them teabaggers even though they say it themselves. Or how a woman can call herself a bitch but if a man does it it's considered misogynistic.

I don't really know to be honest. My circle of friends throw out all the derogatory comments to each other in good fun. If we were upset with one another, we'd use other means.

I think women who think bitch only applies to them saying it just as nutty. Either everyone says it or no one...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Jesse Jackson is nothing but a Poverty Pimp who makes a living by continually convincing others that society keeps screwing his peeps.
The success of a Barack Obama coming up through the ranks and into the Presidency only proved to the world that everything he preaches is totally wrong.
He is just doing this to counter Obama because everybody knows Obama is the Top Firearms Salesman in the Nation.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Obama is the Top
if thats the case,,,
,,shouldn't J.J march on Washinton,,ie:
White House?
kinda like Martin Luther King,,common u know he wants too,,

right.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
If Jesse convinces his followers to march into gun shops, he better be at the front of the line wearing a hoody from Target.
edit on 6-6-2012 by Alxandro because: Predictive text flub

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
This seems completely stupid to me.

March on gun shops and what?

Yell "Set my people.... dead?"

Of all the places I want to be led to, it's not to the place where the guns are and there's people with absolutely no political influence or power to change anything...and it is not like gun stores are hiring. lol

Which, IMO, is what needs to happen- black people have no jobs. I mean, the racism is evident in the fact that a HUGE percentage of black people are without hope and jobs? Why not march on Washington? Or even local unemployment offices?

Why not actually DO something that could help people? Good grief blacks need better leadership if this is the brightest idea he can come up with.

The way I see it, blacks NEED guns right now. With 50% unemployment they might need them to hunt deer with if nothing else.

Why isn't someone saying to blacks, let's make sure we all have a tomato plant in a pot if nothing else, let's look after each other and support each other through hard times, let's do business only with those that support us and hire us, let's organize and put some political leaders in office atcal levels that can help lower statue of limitation laws on old debts and limit judgement and give us more time in evictions and foreclosures? Let's donate time to our churches and charities and help our neighbors and share and LOVE one another through this..

Jeez, my heart just aches for everyone. What a freaking mess.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Why isn't someone saying to blacks, let's make sure we all have a tomato plant in a pot if nothing else, let's look after each other and support each other through hard times, let's do business only with those that support us and hire us, let's organize and put some political leaders in office atcal levels that can help lower statue of limitation laws on old debts and limit judgement and give us more time in evictions and foreclosures? Let's donate time to our churches and charities and help our neighbors and share and LOVE one another through this..

Jeez, my heart just aches for everyone. What a freaking mess.

If I may offer a compliment, I know of a fairly famous person who agrees with you right down the line. Self-sufficiency, form into groups to help take care of each other, sharing and loving are required, that it's a mess, and that heartache is the appropriate feeling (It's Glen Beck)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Tomatos, if nothing else.

Fine sentiments. But "poverty mongers", and "hate mongers" have other priorities. Until people see through them, nothing will change.

Our job is to help each other see through these mongers, and show the truth of them.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Why doesn't he just get people to join the NRA?

Why doesn't he endorse black gun ownership.
(not black guns. . . . . .er. . .you know what I mean)

edit on 10-6-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

It is going to give him more media time.
He just wants more money and he don't care who or what he uses to get it.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Last night in Racine, Wisconsin, while demanding jobs for the unemployed, Jesse Jackson decided to slam job creating gun dealers and called for a march on gun shops all over the country.

Um hey Jackson Guns,ammunition,accessories are a multibillion dollar industry that employ millions and generate tax revenue, and wealth.

That wealth such as $200 tax stamps,fees for permits,licenses and everything else.

Jackson kill jobs!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The US has plenty of gun controls .
Sadly what they are very much lacking is idiot controls .

DP

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join