It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing CGI

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
After seeing this video, its hard to believe in any video evidence of pretty much anything. Now some people will understand why so "UFO" or "Ghost" videos are dismissed entirely.

Special FX

The Emmy award-winning team at Brainstorm Digital has put together the before and after shots from season 2 of HBO's hit series "Boardwalk Empire". (courtesy of Home Box Office, Inc) brainstorm-digital.com. Twitter: @BrainstormVFX.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
That video brought a smile to my face, Great series as well Boardwalk Empire. Great CGI.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I sortof agree, but the point i would like to make is that not evryone can pull these cgis off. Alot of vids you can tell are the actual deal. I see what you are saying but i personally believe that alot are not cgi.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Awesome.

Amazing show and the fact that they have put so much into it while making it hard to notice is quite impressive. Sure beats the days of sci-fi shows with cheezy, blocky CGI.

I watched the whole first season and had no idea there was this much used in it.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
You wouldn't believe how many shows use this sort of cgi.

i was blown away by this a few years back.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Very cool amazing stuff.

Use to be it was primarily Sci-Fi and Fantasy that relied on on all the effects to create a sense of verisimilitude.

Now, it's teh everywhere!

pretty soon muh Barrista is gonna be CGI!

Makes you wonder how many industrious folks have torrented copies of all the latest 3D suites and are using Youtube as testing grounds for realism testing.

edit on 4-6-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
While your skepticism is warranted, you should keep in mind just how difficult it is to produce these kinds of effects. It takes YEARS of experience/schooling to get to a professional level. Some people have the misconception that you can just download some software, watch some youtube videos, and BAM. You're a 3d artist and you can create believable hoax vids in minutes by pushing a few buttons. This is not so.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

All that means is the average person is creating the crappy CGI which are easilly detectable and the FEW good CGI vids are done by pros. Most vids suck, very few are well done.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

All that means is the average person is creating the crappy CGI which are easilly detectable and the FEW good CGI vids are done by pros. Most vids suck, very few are well done.

What it means is that the haiti ufo hoax video which was well done would have taken you years and years. What it also means is that you assume everything is fake because you have no idea what goes into the production of such FX. NOT EVEN A CLUE.

What I am saying, is be vigilant and be skeptical. What I am also saying, is someone who is studying this stuff, and has worked with it and probably knows more than you do about it, knows it's not easy to jump into.

Take that for what's it's worth, smartass.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
That was a crazy video. I was expecting not to be wowed and man was I wrong. Now I'm going to be even more skeptical. I don't think I've heard of the show either, gonna have to check it out. The music was a great pic too.
edit on 5-6-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
www.pixologic.com...

Take a look at some of the work here. That is HALF of what you need to be able to do.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I realize that this level of CGI isnt easily created but it does happen, remember the Caret UFO video, which turned out to be a really well done job of CGI?
The point is that it is done and people are doing it and in my opinion, it hurts ufology enthusiasts.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

I realize that this level of CGI isnt easily created but it does happen, remember the Caret UFO video, which turned out to be a really well done job of CGI?
The point is that it is done and people are doing it and in my opinion, it hurts ufology enthusiasts.

It absolutely hurts the study of ufology. I agree with you categorically. What I am trying to stress is how difficult it is to pull off a convincing hoax. The haiti ufo hoax was outed within a week. The average person can't produce a hoax. The video linked in the OP is AMAZING and inspiring. Unfortunately it only shows a fraction of the work that goes into making that all happen. It's a VFX composite. Meaning someone spent hours and hours editing that video and incorporating various elements of all of the original work that went into making the whole, and then spent endless hours demonstrating HOW it made the whole.

Each 3d model you see magically inserted into the scene was likely the result of weeks of work, not to mention lighting, compositing, etc.

To assume that the average person is anywhere near capable of such productions (and thus that all UFO/Paranormal footage is faked), is ignorant at best.
edit on 7-6-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join