Another Tooth Problem

page: 1

join

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Got a left bottom first molar in pain when I bite down usually on chips. What should I have done to it? Get it pulled? Or get a rootcanal?

How many roots does a first molar have?

I've had two root canals done on two upper teeth before. I heard if they do a root canal too deep on your bottom teeth you could lose feeling in a lot of bottom teeth. Plus molars are expensive to have root canals done to them.

Which is wiser to get for a problematic bottom tooth? Have a rootcanal or have it pulled?

Tell me the pros and cons.

Man do I hate teeth. I should just start on getting them all pulled, and just consume nothing but soups for meals and puddings for snacks and desserts.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
You are asking on an internet forum for dental advice?

Good luck with that.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I'm not a dentist, nor do I have any dental training or even interest in dentistry, but my advise is to have it pulled. You don't even need a dentist for this, just get some 40lb test and a cinder block.

Or..go see a dentist. Whatever!

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Got a left bottom first molar in pain when I bite down usually on chips. What should I have done to it? Get it pulled? Or get a rootcanal?

Erm, maybe cut out the crappy food...see a dentist twice a year, and give them a good clean at least twice a day.

Im 32, and have never had a filling...or any problems with my teeth

ETA: And im British...English
We are supposed to have bad teeth lol, but we get to see a dentist as many times a year as we want...for FREE
edit on 4-6-2012 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
My daughter is a dental assistant. Dentists will always tell you to save all your teeth, by whatever means necessary.

However, I had a back lower molar that I went through hell with. The dentist tried to convince me to try and save it by the whole root canal and crown method. Because I was poor, I told him to pull it. Long story short, I had been grinding my teeth so badly at night that it was literally in pieces, so pulling it was the right call. I don't even miss it, it was the very back lower molar.

A dentist will also tell you that if you pull a tooth, it will cause the other teeth to shift. Because my bottom teeth are a tad crowded, I told him to go for it. Like I said, I don't miss it.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
My brother had a lot of problems with one of his back teeth. He ended up getting it pulled.
It's cheaper and safer if you ask me.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Have you gone to the dentist yet? Is it broken or does it have a cavity? It sounds as though it might be infected. Take it from me, you will want to deal with it right away. Tooth pain can be insanely painful and can also lead to things like TMJ problems.
It all depends on how much money you have to spend. If you have good dental insurance and are not comfortable with just losing the tooth, you can consider a root canal. Just be aware that there are dangers associated with root canals and some natural health experts are now associating disease with the root canal itself. You will need to research that thoroughly before going through that.
I had a broken molar last month that had actually caused me issues in the past. It should have been removed long before. I was in excruciating pain. It was pulled and bone growing stuff was inserted in the hole. Eventually I might have an implant there but that is another expense altogether. Dental work is exploitively expensive.
If you are okay with it not being there, my advice is to just have it pulled and work on keeping all of your other teeth healthy! Good luck!

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
There are studies that point to root canals causing terminal illnesses in many patients..

See these articles before you decide;

www.westonaprice.org...

articles.mercola.com...

(Better safe than sorry! Or possibly being poisoned.)
edit on 4-6-2012 by Isabelx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Just remember...
Teeth are always in fashion!!!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Get a few teeth pulled out, and you will better know if you really want a treatment or a pull out treatment?

edit on 6-6-2012 by rosamichelle because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

join