It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservatives: Stop craving ignorance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I'm aware of the fact that the Right in particular, always seem to have had difficulty understanding that Orwell was being sarcastic when he wrote that ignorance is strength. I won't say that Marxists don't cause me serious exasperation at times, either; but at least in their case, they usually have an IQ of above 80, and even occasionally read books.

Consider yourselves warned. Every brainwashed, knuckle dragging, rottweiler impersonating, fascist grunt that I encounter on these forums from now on, is going to have their goose-stepping, willful ideological oblivion forcibly thrown back in their face. I am absolutely fed up with the lot of you. As I've written before, your ignorance and lack of intelligence, on its' own, while distasteful, is something I can tolerate. What really makes me truly angry, however, is how adamantly you cling to said ignorance.

Any and all claims that the contemporary American military serves to further the cause of human freedom, in any way whatsoever, is going to be challenged with particular vehemence; and you had better be extremely certain of your facts before you attempt to refute me on that point, as well. I have spent close to two decades studying the subject. There are active military on this forum who insist that because of where they are organisationally, it isn't possible for me to have a more accurate and informed political opinion. I beg to differ; and in rhetorical terms, f you think I'm being excessively arrogant on that point, let's dance.

You defend your ignorance. You refuse to believe anything contrary to your indoctrination, no matter how many times you are confronted with it. You insist on viewing Occupy as exclusively violent domestic terrorists, and continue to characterise them with hippie stereotypes that are nearly fifty years old. You are apparently are not capable of even the pale shadow of objectivity where they are concerned at all.

Occupy have a lot of problems. I'm going to acknowledge that, and I have already, numerous times. If you think for one moment that the Marxists on this forum consider me one of them, then I'd suggest asking them for confirmation. I already know what their answer will be, because they've told me. Kali74 and I often lock horns about the group's blatant Communism, among other things.

So don't think I don't know about the Black Bloc. Don't think I don't know about Code Pink. Don't think I don't know about ACORN, MoveOn, and the rest of the general menagerie of freaks that Occupy have occasionally taken up with. I know damn well about them. I'm looking forward to the release of Breitbart's film. I want to see it, because I know that he does have some genuinely valid points.

Here's why I don't reject Occupy to the degree you do, however. When fascism comes to town, it isn't the beautiful people who get the chop first. It isn't the normal, white, heterosexual, non-autistic middle class who are at the head of the queue to get shipped off to the camps, once they start running. If you don't believe me, look at history. In the Holocaust, the first time they did it, it was gays, gypsies, Jews, and autistic kids. That's how they convince those of you who hate such groups, to allow the camps to run in the first place, because you think that it's only for groups which you consider undesirable; and that the axe will never come down for you.

So you've got the Tea Party on one hand; the white, straight, neurotypical, respectable Christians on the one hand, and Magneto and the X Men on the other. I've often said that my avatar isn't just for decoration; and it's not. I might be a civilian, but in real world terms at times I am afflicted with the berserkergang. The few times I've been violent with someone, I've had to have witnesses tell me what I did afterwards, because I ended up with complete amnesia.

My point is, that if any of you people really do have even a vague semblance of intelligence, integrity, or a soul, you seriously need to start opening your minds where Occupy are concerned. Kali has been trying to talk to conservatives about a lot of different things; and no matter what is said, the cries of filthy hippies, and the insistence on maintaining a single mental perception carry on, regardless. When she at times does raise a point that you can't argue with, you don't generally even have the decency to concede that you've been wrong. There's just silence.

I saw the green haired freak in that photo in the PTSD thread. That is what we are; and yes, I damn well am going to say we, even if some of the other people who are part of said we don't like it, and even if sometimes, I myself don't like them either.

Yes, we are freaks. We can be dirty, smelly, homeless, mentally ill, non-straight, and non-Christian. Something conservatives don't understand, is that Marxist entitlement complexes notwithstanding, sometimes it genuinely isn't purely about getting a job and working hard. Sometimes you just don't fit in, irrespective of how hard you try; and that often means that survival is easier outside the system, than it is within it.

You're not like that. I know. You're clean cut, white, heterosexual, neurotypical, respectable Christians. I envy you that luxury. I received an autistic diagnosis at 16, and my parents had always known that something was wrong. So like it or not, I don't get to be one of the beautiful people. I'm in with the freaks, the mutants, and the monsters, this lifetime. I have to make the best of it.

That's the other, fundamental difference between you people and the Marxists, as well. They might think, say, and do a lot of things which I genuinely don't like, and they might associate with types that the average Christian probably thinks need an exorcist; but they accept me.

You don't.
edit on 4-6-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

My favorite part is where you slap labels on people wanting different things for the well-being of this country, then assume that since those ideas aren't identical to yours, they must be wrong. And right after that, you take everyone who has similar ideas, toss them all in the same bin, and label them "idiots" and all of the people who agree with you are the ones who should run the country.

You know, the general storyline behind labels. Because you gotta love labels!

All you political types make me sick. Left wing, right wing, who has the right to say it's a bad idea? Who has the right to say you're a lunatic for wanting cheaper healthcare, or an imbecile for wanting the legalization of certain herbs, or even a moron for wanting taxes reduced?

If there is a single label involved, there's a judgment being made. You are all too full of yourselves. And THAT is the label I'm slapping on this thread.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Out of curiosity, have you tried applying your standards to yourself? Have you ever looked in the mirror and asked yourself if you're everything you claim to be against? You might try sometime.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
LIBERALS!

STOP BEING INTOLERANT OF CONSERVATIVES!

Thank you very much.

Learn some real tolerance and understand that not everybody thinks like you and start allowing them to express themselves in their own way.

Stop trying to control how people speak. Stop trying to control how people express their own opinions. Stop trying to control how people think. Stop trying to force people to conform to your way of life.

People have every right to express their opinion, and telling them to shut up only infringes upon their rights.

You do not have a monopoly on morality. Nor do you have the high moral ground.

You're just as intolerant of them and anybody else who isn't liberal.

It may be a deplorable opinion, but they have every right to express it. It's called freedom of speech.

Stop trying to control everything under the sun. Stop trying to micromanage everybody's life.

Just stop with your nonsensical opinions on people. Just stop being so damned intolerant!

You are not the victims here.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Your BEEF shouldnt be so much towards the right or left, but towards the Zionist elitists who created the far right and left. Karl Marx an Ashkenazi jew(father of the left) was funded by the Zionists ,and Karl Ritter an Ashkenzi jew(father of right) was funded by Zionists. So it isnt which side of the team is worse,, its who created both teams..

You have every right to be angry ; just point it at the right direction. Thats if you want to ....

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

That's the other, fundamental difference between you people and the Marxists, as well. They might think, say, and do a lot of things which I genuinely don't like, and they might associate with types that the average Christian probably thinks need an exorcist; but they accept me. You don't.

And so we come to the center of your shrubbery maze......The people that you feel have been rejecting you all your life are the ones whose heads you want on a silver platter.

I too am autistic, and when I was younger, I could have written exactly the same thing. The arrogance of the neurotypical population can really be irritating. However, as I got older, I realized that I was guilty of the exact same thinking as they were. Somehow, at the time, I didn't see it, I only saw that I was "fighting back" against injustice. In doing so, I victimized people who were basically innocent and I became no better than the people that I had a grudge against.

You can expose hypocrisy without waging war. You can stand up for what you perceive as truth without striking those around you. I encourage you to face your anger and deal with it so that you can become a more effective force for what you believe in.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Quite a soapbox your standing on...are ya' done?

You could have summed your thesis up with one sentence "Anyone who doesn't agree with me is an ignorant buffoon", and saved us all having to read through all that self absorbed rambling.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by bphi1908
You could have summed your thesis up with one sentence "Anyone who doesn't agree with me is an ignorant buffoon", and saved us all having to read through all that self absorbed rambling.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Liberal pretty much describes most of my values.

However, I am not intolerant of Conservatives. You know what I'm intolerant of?

Looking at people or talking to them like they're pieces of garbage, all because they affiliate themselves with a group I don't particularly approve of. In fact, this whole labels thing only gives us another reason to hate each other.

Give it up. Whatever you call yourself, it doesn't make you special. How 'bout we have the "I can think for myself, and I can spout a lot of opinions, but that doesn't make me better than anyone else" party? I might join that one. Less chance of being overloaded with overinflated, obnoxious, loud-mouthed airheads who think their opinion is worth Rosie O'Donnell's weight in gold.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I'd like to see a party like that myself, but let's face. It just ain't going to happen. Too many people are too emotionally involved with their self interests and too emotionally involved in being right. They don't understand that people don't have to think the way they do, and probably are incapable of it All they're going to do is put down other people and put themselves up on a pedestal because they and only they have the one true way of thinking. All they really value is conformity, and they always expect others to conform to their way of thinking and if they don't they'll whine and whine and complain about people who don't. They'll just label them and generalize about them and do what they can to put those people down. And they always claim they aren't.

Here's two of my favorite songs of all time:

Personally I would love to these kinds of idiotic rantings about how those other people are just not like me end. All they're doing is hurting themselves and making themselves miserable. That is if they're serious about what they said and actually believe it. On the other hand, it could be just another form of trolling, which in the end only hurts things too.

People really need to follow the Great Galactic Birds' advice and just let people be themselves and not worry about what they believe. It really shouldn't matter what other people believe, and it's really none of "your" business.

Note I put your in quotes to show that I'm not specifying anybody.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I've been fighting a rant for a long time and I'm tempted join in yours but I'm not going to. I've seen some really ugly things as of late on the boards which in my opinion is a microcosm at least as far as ideologies and social issues goes. Why fight it? Because I actually genuinely like some of the people on here that are oppositional to my views and while I've come to realize it's a one way street I can still see that it's a matter of tolerance which doesn't subscribe to one ideology over another it's presence or lack thereof is individual. I know what you're saying and even what you're not saying but generalizations won't change a damn thing and will continue to polarize. That's not to say a little venom doesn't seep through now and then.

top topics

join