It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Help: Can You Identify This Font?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
A couple of years ago I created a company logo for a customer (picture below). I now need to make some modifications, but I've lost track of the font that spells out "Building Supply." I've tried font viewers, and I must have looked at a million fonts--no joy.

Anyone?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I highly doubt you looked at one million fonts.

Here's a tip: Give us some more detail; software used in logo creation including version for example. We're not mind-readers.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
There are websites that will find the font for you.

You upload the picture, then it brings up boxes with the guesses the site has made. ie

" The fish went to the pool "

It may ask you to identify the "p", so you put "p" in the box. Once it has enough information it can make a pretty good guess at what the font is/was.

Just google " Font finder " or "What font is this".

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 12out3r

Sorry. It was 953,207 fonts. My bad.

I used Illustrator and/or Photoshop and/or InDesign CS3. But the fonts are global to all applications. Unless I've been doing it wrong all these years....

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Ahh. Very good. I will go away and try that. Be back later to collect and collate comments on what an idiot I am.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
What does "my bad" mean? It's a bit ambiguous? My bad fonts? My bad memory? My bad grammar?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
What does "my bad" mean? It's a bit ambiguous? My bad fonts? My bad memory? My bad grammar?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12out3r

Have you never heard that expression? It means: "No, you're right. It was not 1 million fonts, it was 953,207. I committed a bad error by giving an approximate count instead of a true count."

Are you trolling me or just having some fun at my expense? Do you consider any of your comments helpful so far?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

he just did the same thing in my thread for saying my bad, hes the grammar police!
means a lot coming from a guy who has the number 3 in his name in replace of a letter....

pretty sad when you have nothing better to do, than just troll around about the way people talk.

@12out3r
not everyone is raised the same as you, so not 3v3ry0n3 w1ll sp3ak l1ke y0u.
edit on 4-6-2012 by braydenf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by braydenf

Kids. Whattaya gonna do...

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Well, online font finders were a bust.

I could kick myself for converting that font to outlines; if I hadn't done that I could just open the original and click on it. Well, it's not that urgent.

Thanks for the moral support....

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
reply to post by braydenf

Kids. Whattaya gonna do...

yeah twice i have called him out on his hypocritical statement with grammar and both times he stopped posting on the thread :p

sorry i couldnt help with the font! i tried looking through mine no luck

edit on 4-6-2012 by braydenf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
All fonts have a superior number, an index if you will, or an identifier that will let you find where it lives, on the computer or on the network. You want to "show html" on the page that displays this old font, or if you are using Google Chrome, just right click on the page and do an "Inspect element" The font name, code or index will show up in the code preceding the literal write.

new topics

top topics

join