It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 100,000 Public Elementary School Students To Get Bible Lessons On Killing Unbelievers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

The whole pint is that people take religion way too seriously and it justifies killing non believers. Teaching kids that nonbelievers are not people with lives but rather heathens that do not deserve to exist. its sickening. They should point out that killing is wrong and just because the bible says anybody that doesnt believe deserves death and eternal damnation doesnt mean it is right.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Deuteronomy 13
King James Version

1 If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,

2 And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;

3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the Lord your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

4 Ye shall walk after the Lord your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.

5 And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn you away from the Lord your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, to thrust thee out of the way which the Lord thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put the evil away from the midst of thee.

6 If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;

7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;

8 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him:

9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.

10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the Lord thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.

11 And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is among you.

www.biblegateway.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

Well, of course we take it seriously. We beleive in an all powerfull all knowing God, It's not just a fairy tale to the beleivers (this goes for most faiths).

But it seems as if you have very little knowledge of actual Biblical interpretation (it's ok, neither do alot of Christians). The Old Testement is essentially, a list of "the rules" and unless one follows, "the rules" then one is damned, both literally and figuratively. It is also a history of the people group that God chose to essentially be his messengers. HOWEVER: since NO ONE can follow "the rules" (which is the whole point, to follow all the rules would make one holy ie the same as God, in order to stand in the presence of a holy God) , there is the NEW Testement, which basicly says, "you don't have to worry about "the rules" I took your punishment on for you, just accept that.

Religion is Man's attempt to reach God.
Christianity is God's attempt to reach man.

Big different.

I think what most non beleivers fail to understand is whiel they don't give the Bible or concept of God much thought, it is VERY REAL to people that do (even if cosmicly it isn't real, but that's another thread). Unfortunately Christianity often is it's own worst enemy. I have already stated that I don't think this is nessecarily the best story for the Good News Club. But all the knee jerk reactions is making this something it is not.

I was talking to someone who is, as far as I know, not a Christian, but said they thought this was cover Muslim backlash, as more and more people point out that they do actively, currently, kill non beleivers, but don't like that pointed out.

<< 1   >>

join