It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Law Proves All Delegates Are UNBOUND! All Delegates Must See This!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen
They will probably have to kill him now.
For once I am not joking or trying to be funny.

And if that happens all hell will break lose. As RP becomes a martyr and this would be the wake up call for america.

Reminds me of that movie V for Vendetta. It started with the death of someone innocent. Only this time you already have millions of people backing ron paul across the world.

edit on 5-6-2012 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
this could be a wild ride, or not, who knows. i just really hope things don't get messy or dangerous for anybody. wishing Dr. Paul the best.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I believe that Ron Paul actually has more true delegates than Romney...

The Ron Paul delegation has been the majority at so many state primaries that it would be hard
to say how many Romney delegates ~actually~ support Romney.

I think it is safe to assume that Ron Paul supporters have taken so many delegate slots bound to Romney.
that If those delegates vote their conscience....Romney will lose

Romney is probably losing badly.....and that is why you see the
dirty tricks and cheating from the Romney camp.....they know
Romney is losing....and they
are desperate....

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360
He doesn't believe in upholding rights that only he believes in, he believes in using the constitution to determine those rights. Since you don't live in America, perhaps you didn't know the constitution is the foundation of our country.

I am aware that the Constitution is the foundation of the USA, but Ron Paul and those who share his selective views, tend to want to cherry-pick it and accept tweaks, updates and amendments to it when they agree with them, but decry ''big government'' when federal laws are passed which they don't agree with.

Now, I may be merely be a humble non-American
, but isn't the arbiter of what's constitutional or unconstitutional the Supreme Court of the United States ? If they upheld a law, then it's constitutional; if they strike down a law, then it's unconstitutional. Therefore, every single federal law on the statute books is, by definition, constitutional, as it has either been upheld or not struck down.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
I thought he already 'Secured' the nomination when he supposedly took Texas... Now he's securing it again tomorrow? Yea THAT makes sense...

Isn't it 1,144 he needs to secure the nomination ? The latest figure I've seen is that he has 1,074 hard count delegates, meaning that he is 70 shy of the amount he needs.

With Romney running away with the popular Republican vote, then it's not exactly going to be difficult for him to gain the delegates in tonight's primaries !

edit on 5-6-2012 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Um reality check! Those are guesstimated delegate counts from our not so trusted MSM (Main Stream Media)

Only a bit over 1/4 of the delegates have been allocated. the rest are still up in the air and will be handed out in the next 6ish weeks.
edit on 6/5/2012 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The most despicable thing about Paul supporters wetting their pants at this supposed loophole regarding Federal law and unbound delegates, is that the Ron Paul fans are constantly bleating on about ''states' rights'' and ''intrusive big gubmint'', yet, when it suits them, they are only too eager to sacrifice these ''principles'' and exploit a Federal law which overrides legislation or regulation made at an autonomous level. That's bang out of order.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

And what happens when the vast majority of them are allocated to Romney ?

Don't tell me, it'll be a ''fix''.

This is the problem with so many Paul supporters: they can't understand that the vast majority of people don't share their love and appreciation for Ron. This is why Paul supporters are generally considered to be delusional, because they let wishful thinking get in the way of reality, and can't accept that their man is a niche candidate with a small minority of followers.

In addition, if you want to put your money where your mouth is, you can back Ron Paul at 40/1 (4100 in US odds) to secure the Republican nomination.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

You're from the UK... I have a question. Have you ever read the US Constitution? You do know the federal government is part of it right? you're grasping at straws now...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

This is what I don't understand about anti-ron paul people...who claim they don't understand...

That the VAST MAJORITY of people support Ron Paul....

very few people support romney....very few....just look at this thread...

The MAINSTREAM MEDIA has been LYING to all of us.....

How can someone be SO NAIVE as to witness the overwhelming majority of support for Ron Paul
at these meetings....and still not believe their eyes....rather disbelieving what they witness with
their own senses, and instead believing what the LYING MAINSTREAM MEDIA tells them to believe

Naive is weak word in this instance, but I don't want to play the anti-ron crowd's game and
just hurl insults in lieu of an argument

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

He has a point though. I thought one of the major reasons people support Ron Paul is because he will restrict the Federal Government from overstepping its bounds. I don't recall the Constitution giving the Federal Government the power to regulate elections.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by rival

There's a reason the majority are referred to as the Silent Majority when it comes to politics. Most people vote and that's it. They don't argue politics online. They don't take part in conventions. They go to the polling place and then back home. Most people in the United States are moderates. Romney is most moderate GOP candidate. Ron Paul on the other hand is on the fringe. He may have more vocal supporters but that hardly means he has the majority.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

This guy makes a lot of points about the trickery the Romney camp (and the other camps) are doing to the Paul camp. Just listen to it. he says it better than I can at the moment.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
If Ron Paul somehow managed to win the GOP nomination, it probably would be the straw that finally breaks the apathy of the American public but not in the way you all think it will.

More then likely you would see the public rise up against the GOP and Paul, not understanding that they should of been siding with Paul from the begining. The public won't see it that way, they will just know their will has been denied again by tricks.

or less likely

The people will follow Paul blindly and that will be sad because they will truly be the "sheeple" the 10% who supported Paul thought they were.

Hypocracy either way you look at it if Paul wins the nomination.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Helmkat

interesting theory...

Do you think that they'd be actually able to spin it like that? If so how? not putting you on the spot... just haven't thought of this perspective yet.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Helmkat

So by backing Romney, they will not be sheeple?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
OK, if you want to say that Romney has not officially secured the nomination, fine. Technically you are right. However, after some wrangling for speaking spots at the convention, Ron Paul, Newt Gingrich, and Rick Santorum will all designate their respective delegates to Mitt Romney. This is fact.

What does this mean? Well, it means that you can feel free to vote for Ron Paul at the National Convention (if you are a Paul delegate) and it won't mean anything. He will have already pledged all of his delegates to Romney, therefore making your Paul vote a Romney vote. That's how it works. If it were a close race (it isn't) perhaps things would be different.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

even if santorum or gingrich pledge their delegates... their delegates will still be able to vote their conscious. just because a candidate says I pledge X amount of delegates doesn't mean he'll snag them all.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

That's correct. However, those votes will have already been pledged to Romney from Ron Paul in the negotiations for speaking slots. So, the delegates can vote for Paul, but they will not count for Paul. He will have conceded them to Romney prior to the vote.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

nope, you are wrong. Congress writes the laws and the justice dept. upholds it.
The judicial branch was created by congress. You can never have the created branch greater than the creator of it.
You are describing how our constitution has been subverted by activist judges that seek power that was never granted to them. The power to govern is not found through the judicial branch. It is the lesser of the 3 branches of government.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join