It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

thinking about deleting my account

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
ATS does not delete member accounts. For various reasons.

#1 having to delete potentially thousands of posts from the servers would cause a huge indexing problem with threads. It's also not fair to remove content that does not violate the Terms & Conditions.

If you'd like to leave, then simply log out and do not return. More than likely you'll step away for a few weeks and be right back in the saddle. I take such breaks every year or so.

~Tenth
ATS Mod

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

thanks i was just curious as to why you guys don't have that option. makes sense.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by braydenf

@ mod i understand. I try to, its just rather frustrating seeing threads on the front page that aren't even about discussions, just a member who has his feelings hurt so hes posting something, so the entire 17 pages are just people bickering about nonsense. Really looks bad to people who stumble upon ATS. Ive always held ATS in high regard because it seems the mods would close threads that aren't going anywhere, etc. I know you guys cant watch every thread.

I understand your frustration, there's thing's around here which frustrate me a lot too so you're not alone in that. But all we're here to do, as moderators I mean, is make sure members are following the terms and conditions of use. It honestly extends to solely that. If there's a thread at the top of the boards which you don't believe belongs there then I'm sorry, but that's not something I can affect. There's nothing any of the moderators can do in fact. I may disagree with it as well of course, but If It's in the correct forum and if It's following the terms and conditions of use, then It's going to stay where it is because the members, as a whole, voted it there through the use of replies and flags - Two thing's they chose to give the thread.

Again though, I do feel like I understand your frustration. I know It's because you like the site, and hey, I do too. I'd go as far as saying the vast majority of the people reading the boards now really enjoy the site, otherwise we wouldn't spend as much time here. But all I really feel like I can say to you here is what I said before in that you just have to try and focus more so on the good stuff here, not the bad, annoying stuff. I know from experience that ATS becomes a better environment because of it and It's something which does come in time.

And if you don't like the state of the content either, then maybe just try to put that little bit more time and effort into what you post too instead of worrying about others. I think this is honestly a great site after all and I want to see it improve literally all the time and because of that, I know I at least try to put that little bit of extra effort into what I post, no matter how small an effort it is, extra is always a bonus and a contribution. If everyone did that, just imagine how better this forum would be.

On a final note though just let me say that if you do see something which clearly does break the terms and conditions here.. seriously, just send an alert (nothing can be done without an alert, there has to be a discussion between us you see), or send one of us a PM and we'll open a staff discussion for you. It's all about making ATS a better site and sending in alerts (only on the stuff which breaks the T&&C's, not just differences of pinions), really does help us out a great deal.

I hope you stick around.

edit on 4-6-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-6-2012 by Rising Against because: Added the post I was replying to.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

thanks again. ill do my best at sticking it out and contributing better stuff
edit on 4-6-2012 by braydenf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12out3r
Yet another poster threatening to leave. Boo hoo!!!! I come on ATS these days just to read the threads of people crying/threatening to leave. They're hilarious. They actually think people care about their threats. Go on then, delete your account, no one will miss you. You're just one in a sea of complainers, if you don't like the content then beat it. LOLLOLOLOL (yes I typed "LOLLOLOLOL" just to infuriate you further.)

lol no threat. a RANT, in the RANT forum.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Personal advice, it helps to concentrate on other areas of ATS, than the ones driving you bonkers. There are many forums and some are not controversial or argumentative. Play around in the archives for a while, look through the members archive or the jokes archive, some stuff in there to brighten your day. I am very careful these days what threads I respond to and I have been finding some good ones where people discuss rather than fling bits of excrement about.

It is exciting to butt heads with someone, without it getting nasty, it is fascinating to see how others think. I also like threads that inform me of various things, things I often would not have been exposed to.

I hit the wall sometimes, we all do, this place is intense. I hope you do not leave, take a break, yes, but don't leave.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
As Iamschist pointed out above you can go to other forums, like the jokes forum, to break the frustration. I use this technique often lol. Below is a link to my favorite thread for this purpose, I hope it helps.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
You call that a rant? No #*$&&% profanity. NO SHOUTING WITH ALL CAPS.

That is not a rant.

Take is easy. ATS is a slice of the general population. Humans, can hardly stand them.

Stay away from politics for a while. Check out the survival threads, gardening threads, zombie threads.

Take a break and come back later.

Do not take yourself so (*#&()$ seriously.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

your reply was great. ill work on my rant skills

thanks to all the positive people

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
On ATS you are walking on mainstreet, you never know who you will meet, but always pay close attention to what is said.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Leaving isn't necessary. There's a lot about this site which I don't like myself.

a] The Ron Paul idiots, as you say. I've written a thread in this forum myself, where part of the topic was the cult of Ron Paul. They have no capacity for critical or independent thought, for the most part; they operate on pure groupthink, and the saddest part of all is that they think the electoral system still functions. Paul had his delegates arrested yesterday, when it looked like they were going to win; and you people think the Republic still works?

b] The brainwashed, Colonel Quaritch impersonating, fascist military who insist that everyone should bow down and worship them, and who don't realise that they are nothing more than cannon fodder for psychopaths. They insist on believing that they are defending, "freedom," (whatever the hell that means, given that Obama now gets together with his cabinet on a weekly basis and decides who he's going to assassinate this week) when they actually only defend Halliburton's bottom line.

Paired with the troops themselves, are the robotically minded, goose-stepping fools among the civilian population, who actually do genuflect before the troops, without understanding that their doing so, is what is actually destroying society.

c] The Occupy haters, who generally also have a lot of overlap with b], since both groups are hard core fascists. The troop worshippers in reality have got it backwards. Occupy have done more to defend genuine freedom in less than two years, than the American military have done in sixty. Stick that in your pipes and smoke it.

d] The moronic, rage-inducing, limp-wristed crybabies from the gay movement who we get on here periodically, crying buckets about how it's supposedly their divine right to be given whatever they want, whenever they want it, and how it's supposedly a "hate crime," if people don't give them everything they demand.

Either ignore the idiots, or join the few of us who are still capable of some degree of empathy and intelligence, in attempting to fend them off. The mainstream media has gone to hell, and there are a lot of people using this site who are sorely in need of education, politically, economically, and historically. We need all the help we can get, and lately, we haven't been getting much.

We need to change the popular narrative about a lot of things. Occupy is one of them; the military and America's wars are another. The American public's tendency to worship the troops is actually becoming worse, not better. We also need to continue to combat racism, and the popular support of the corporate world, even as it keeps screwing everyone just as hard as it can go.

So don't leave. Help us instead.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join