It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ASMR, Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response (braingasm, tingles,etc)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
After seeing the recent threads about "Gifted" status of a lot of us as children, and similarities in personality types I thought it appropriate to bring this up.

I have ASMR and have experienced it since childhood.
It is a sensation like no other and is severely pleasurable.
Euphoric in nature.
A tingling sensation that usually radiates from the head or scalp and emanates to the limbs.

There are two kinds of ASMR "trigger" types (that are understood currently).
Those that are triggered by outside stimulus are known as type A, and those that can "self trigger" are known as type B.

You may have experienced it before but not understood/perceived what it actually was.
Some triggers are hearing whispers, accents or instructions.
Visually observing something in particular can trigger ASMR as well.

A common trigger most ASMR's are familiar with is good ole' Bob Ross the painter.
www.youtube.com...

YouTube now has thousands of ASMR vids and channels available.
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Even Facepagebookspace has groups, one of which I belong to thats pretty informative.
www.facebook.com...

Website posting frequent videos: www.asmrvideos.com...

And an actual research site: www.asmr-research.org (which appears to be down)

Although this is becoming an awakening to the medical, bio and physiological community there seems to be no real research on the subject and there is very little understood regarding its potential and origins.

Chime in with thoughts and let us all know if you have ASMR as well.

edit on 4-6-2012 by paratus because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-6-2012 by paratus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
This actually happens to me on a pretty regular basis. I can make it happen as well (just did while i was typing this) but it isn't as intense if i force it. I feel like it happens most of the time during a "moving" expirence. Meaningful song on the radio, deja-vu has caused it before, a strange situation that feels "more" than it is for whatever reason. Never put much thought into it. Interested to read the other responses.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Maybe it is only you and I?
While searching I only found 2 other threads from over a year ago in reference to ASMR.
Maybe it is obscure.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Im positive were not alone. I get it only when around certain people. My grandpa, rip, was the biggest trigger of mine. Anytime I heard his voice or stood considerably close to him I would get it. Needless to say, I used to love kickin it with gramps.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Are you talking about goose-bumps, because I sometimes get those on the toilet? I didn't read all (any) of the links you mention, so can you describe this a little more? The second poster made it sound a bit like goose-bumps, but I was sure you were referring to something different.

I have been able to trigger some sort of weird tingling in my head since I was young. It does nothing special, but I sometimes wonder if I am not causing some tumor to grow every time I recreate this sensation. It feels as if I am squeezing something in my head. Probably flexing my crazy muscle.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I don't think it would be considered simple goosebumps, but one of the side effects may be goosebumps
. I can feel a difference between the two.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by VekTorVik
Are you talking about goose-bumps, because I sometimes get those on the toilet? I didn't read all (any) of the links you mention, so can you describe this a little more? The second poster made it sound a bit like goose-bumps, but I was sure you were referring to something different.

I have been able to trigger some sort of weird tingling in my head since I was young. It does nothing special, but I sometimes wonder if I am not causing some tumor to grow every time I recreate this sensation. It feels as if I am squeezing something in my head. Probably flexing my crazy muscle.

Your "crazy muscle" is exactly what we're talking about.
If you self trigger that's pretty rare.
Explore it a little more and you'll be surprised.
Try some of the links in the OP.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by paratus

Are you talking about a cool wave-like feeling the sort of radiates from your head and then cascades down? Also kind of like a shiver in the spine type of thing?

I get those sometimes when I'm really "in the zone" while meditating. If it's not the same, can you describe it a bit more?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

It is probably one in the same.
It feels, with me, that it begins right around my hypothalamus.
radiates between my ears then down my spine. Into my shoulders and tailbone.
feels like mini orgasms but in your nervous system.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
recently found these threads; I can self-trigger. Sometimes I feel almost like a lightbulb, blaring with energy.

I met a Sufi teacher years ago who taught us how to Comb our auras (well,each other that is)

as described by Franz Bardon, I charge certain "condensors" which I have been selling for many years

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I also get this, especially when saying or even thinking certain mantras. . . I assumed it was Kundalini-related. It happens particularly on the left side.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I like to call these Meridian Pulses. These waves are stimulated when you align all seven of your meridians simultaneously. Its is usually triggered by a synchronicity, precog flash, hearing a good song or harmonic frequency, yes, using the toilet, and through meditation. Typically for the average Joe, they only sustain for a few seconds. With practice, you can stretch them far beyond 30 second or even a minute. When you experience a ASMR, it acts as a flare signal to energetic beings and resonates among the Aether. If the wave starts at your Crown/Tether/Rising meridian and pulses down to your Root/Base/Bow meridian it sends signals to lower frequency entities. Obviously if it exits your Crown, the opposite attention. Activating ASMRs is fundamental in soliciting aid in purging and balancing meridians. Entities will "feed" on the parasites that congest your meridians and lymphatic system. They are happy to help. We share a synergistic relationship with these spirits, forming a hollowed macrocosm ecosystem of energy exchange. ASMRs can also be measured. Try to video tape yourself during a controlled Pulse. If your potential is high enough and you can sustain extended periods, it will have a visceral effect on your recording.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
i experience asmr, i feel it in a circle around my forehead going back strongly across the sides all the way to the back of the head in where you would wear a crown.

i started experiencing this phenomenon when i was 19, and ever since ive described the sensation of it ive been diagnosed as schizoaffective with the sensation supposedly being a tactile hallucination.

ive seen many asmr videos on youtube where the artists attempt to trigger your asmr sense or whatever, so i know im not the only person who feels them.

I thought the sensation was communicating with me as in a higher power of some kind was responsible for the phenomenon.

I tried to match up the voices ive heard with the feeling of asmr but i have no concrete sceintific evidence that im communicating with anything.

i like the feeling, it feels really good.... i just dont want to feel it to anything bad or evil like i have before. some people have said the sensation is caused by a tumor in the brain or something but ive had an mri and everything checked out.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I also experience ASMR, and I am what you describe as Type A.

One of my first experiences of ASMR was when I was around 18, (almost 20 years ago) and I was talking on the phone to a lady from a call centre or something like that and her voice just triggered my ASMR (at the time I didn't know what it was) like crazy. These pleasurable tingles in my head felt odd to me but highly enjoyable. I continued to be triggered by voices and sometimes hand motions.

I still experience it and enjoy watching ASMR videos on YouTube

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: paratus

I've found out this is the current term for something I experience. It is not triggered by anything outside, it is something I just decide to do. Though I cannot put into words how exactly I do it. I have been able to do this as far back as I can remember.

I can send the energy down or bring it up. Though it is somewhat easier to do it from head down the spine.
It is pleasurable, and "tingly". If I do it repeatedly, I seem to run out of energy, and it gets less and less strong, until it doesn't work anymore.

Sitting here doing it right now, trying to pin point what I do to stimulate it, I think it starts with muscles on the back of my scalp; especially behind my ears.

When I was little, for some reason, I thought it was psychic energy or something - I was kind of afraid I would move things if I did it. (you must understand, this was the era of "Carrie" and "Firestarter".... :p )

But I find it doesn't have any power to do anything, so without much interest.... nor danger!
edit on 12-11-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join