It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Do Black Holes simulate the universe?

page: 1
5

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I was just thinking about Digital Physics and Black Hole Thermodynamics and the thought occurred to me that black holes can simulate the universe.

First, I'm a big proponent of Digital Physics. I think everything is a configuration of information where as materialist will look at it as everything is a configuration of matter. Information can be either in a high or low state of entropy and matter is like pixels on the screen that illuminate these configurations of information.

Materialist look to the matter for the physics. I think matter is just behaving the way the information tells it to behave. I think this will eventually take the prominent view as information is seen as more fundamental to the universe than matter.

This brings us to black holes. Black hole thermodynamics tells us that information about any object that falls into a black hole is smeared out and encoded on the event horizon of the black hole.

So if a car were to fall into a black hole the information about the car would be smeared out on the event horizon of that black hole.

This information would be in a high state of entropy.

The reverse must also be true.

As this information radiates away from the black hole via hawking radiation, the information coalesces into a more ordered or lower state of entropy. So eventually the car that fell into the black hole can be simulated by the black hole as gravity gets weaker as the information moves away from the black hole.

So a black hole generates heat as the massive amounts of information on the black holes event horizon is processed. Just like a computer or the human body generates heat as we process information.

So you can look at black holes as computers that simulate information. It's like a VHS tape. As information radiates away from the black hole it plays back or simulates the objects that fell into the black hole.




posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic
 


Are you hinting at anything here?

I Think we could all be information, in a simulation. Maybe we are in a black hole. And this whole universe is in a black hole. We think the big bang happened, but that's just radiated energy from the black hole. Would not this information accelerate the farther it got out of the gravity well?

Our past selves would be in the blackhole. We could be pure information. Maybe?

It's fun to think about anyway.


EDIT: I shouldn't have skipped the first half lol... NVM... You already said it. I feel silly now
And the thread title.. I must not be thinking clearly

I agree on the fact of information encoding matter. How else would it ever work. The fundamental laws of physics ARE information. I also call it God, or Consciousness...
edit on 6/4/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic
 



What if there exists a structure or a framework to connect to that information? What if that structure or that framework because it is what we use to connect to that information is what shapes reality? What if that structure or that framework could be as you said dismantled and recreated? What if the very purpose of existence is creating and recreating life over and over again by expanding and evolving the structure or the framework that we use to connect to that information?

What if the structure or the framework through which we connect to that information is each and every single one of us!
What if this can be done via each and every single one of us on macro/micro levels. What if this is what is about to happen here on this planet? What if we are about to see or experience in a physical way the actual dismantling of one way of connecting to that information and the birth of another. Hmmmmm. What if...



posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic
 


what type of information would the black hole contain about the car? size? color? atomic make up? every piece and part and nut and bolt and there place?



posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I like how you think. Stared & Flagged for later comments when I have more time


Edit: You did not ask me but if you want to hear my view:
In his theory, where information is not lost, the only thing that can happen to information is transformation. There would be a natural law that, if you know about it, you could decrypt that information back to the car.
edit on 4-6-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nicolet
 


haha What if huh?

I've only spent my whole life trying to create that event.. As above so below...

I wasn't allowed to hack through though. My purpose is here.

I don't think it would be long now though. Maybe not long at all. I feel like it's accelerating towards this goal.

I'm feeling it, are you?

Time finally makes sense in light of these thoughts. Spirals, infinity...

Life is funny... Oh the games we play.. Ok this time can I go first, you guys always pick the good characters...



edit on 6/4/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I had a similar thought a while back as a result of a documentary I saw talking about the big bang.. trying to explain how something can come from nothing.

I mean I imagine if black holes are these super dense things in space, absorbing all energy and matter that they come into contact with.. given enough time, they would eventually absorb everything in the universe including each other until all that ever was, is compressed into this mega dense space.. then perhaps something triggers that mass to destroy itself .. making a big BANG .. forcing all matter and energy violently out into space, colliding matter to form planets and stars.. starting the cycle over once again..

But if my thought is correct, were's still a very long long way away from a second big bang.. in fact, we're still a toddler of a universe.
edit on 6/4/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
A nice example is the following:

If you are honest, all you see in life are objects.
There are mighty object oriented languages for writing code like c++/c# and so on.
They all work on objects.

A object can do things, such as "driving" and has properties such as the color "red". Store all possible informations about an object and its environment and you are able to simulate the outcome of every method (can do things).



posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
I like how you think. Stared & Flagged for later comments when I have more time


Edit: You did not ask me but if you want to hear my view:
In his theory, where information is not lost, the only thing that can happen to information is transformation. There would be a natural law that, if you know about it, you could decrypt that information back to the car.
edit on 4-6-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)


You could consider a blackhole in that case to be something like a torrent swarm .. there's no actual file out there you're downloading.. you just have information about that file and it gets re-assembled from bits and pieces of that swarm.. as long as you have the necessary information you could re-construct the file..

And since a black hole is a collection of all the source materials in a super condense form.. you've got all the pieces/bits and bytes.



posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
I like how you think. Stared & Flagged for later comments when I have more time


Edit: You did not ask me but if you want to hear my view:
In his theory, where information is not lost, the only thing that can happen to information is transformation. There would be a natural law that, if you know about it, you could decrypt that information back to the car.
edit on 4-6-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)


You would appear as gods on the earth would you not?


It wouldn't be magic, but it sure would look like it.



posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic
I was just thinking about Digital Physics and Black Hole Thermodynamics and the thought occurred to me that black holes can simulate the universe.

First, I'm a big proponent of Digital Physics. I think everything is a configuration of information where as materialist will look at it as everything is a configuration of matter. Information can be either in a high or low state of entropy and matter is like pixels on the screen that illuminate these configurations of information.

Materialist look to the matter for the physics. I think matter is just behaving the way the information tells it to behave. I think this will eventually take the prominent view as information is seen as more fundamental to the universe than matter.

This brings us to black holes. Black hole thermodynamics tells us that information about any object that falls into a black hole is smeared out and encoded on the event horizon of the black hole.

So if a car were to fall into a black hole the information about the car would be smeared out on the event horizon of that black hole.

This information would be in a high state of entropy.

The reverse must also be true.

As this information radiates away from the black hole via hawking radiation, the information coalesces into a more ordered or lower state of entropy. So eventually the car that fell into the black hole can be simulated by the black hole as gravity gets weaker as the information moves away from the black hole.

So a black hole generates heat as the massive amounts of information on the black holes event horizon is processed. Just like a computer or the human body generates heat as we process information.

So you can look at black holes as computers that simulate information. It's like a VHS tape. As information radiates away from the black hole it plays back or simulates the objects that fell into the black hole.


Aren't black/white holes theoretical?



posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by GiodanoBruno


Aren't black/white holes theoretical?


No one is talking about white holes here. I think there is no evidence of those as of yet. Yes theoretical. Black holes are not. Plenty of evidence of those beasts.

Super massive black holes

Scientists can now separate the emission from the regions outside the black hole from that in the very close vicinity of the black hole. This is the location of the most interesting physical process, the actual swallowing of matter by the black hole. "While not resolving this extremely small region directly, we can now better subtract the contribution from surrounding matter when we take a spectrum of the black hole and its surroundings, isolating the spectrum from the matter actually being consumed and lost forever by the hole," said Antonucci


Black hole destroying star

"This is the first time where we have so many pieces of evidence, and now we can put them all together to weigh the perpetrator -- the black hole -- and determine the identity of the unlucky star that fell victim to it," Gezari said.



edit on 6/4/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Thanks for the responses.

I think this is a simple, elegant way to explain the universe vs. the problems and paradoxes you get from science because they keep asking how can matter do this or that. It's not matter it's the program. It's information.

Say I write a program that tells the pixels on the screen when they become entangled when one pixel is green the other pixel it's entangled with is blue.

Now if you were try to examine the pixels to try and figure out how this could occur, you would have a paradox. You would have spooky action at a distance.

There's nothing spooky if the two particles are part of the same simulation that's programmed to behave one way when an entangled part of the simulation behaves another way.
edit on 4-6-2012 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-6-2012 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic
 


^^ Exactly...



posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad
You would appear as gods on the earth would you not?


It wouldn't be magic, but it sure would look like it.


That´s kind of strange that you say that because I had an eightliner on thor, bifröst, and rainbowbridges before but deleted it to not derail the thread


What you wrote is almost exactly what Thor says in the actual movie (Thor 2011)



posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter

Originally posted by Dustytoad
You would appear as gods on the earth would you not?


It wouldn't be magic, but it sure would look like it.


That´s kind of strange that you say that because I had an eightliner on thor, bifröst, and rainbowbridges before but deleted it to not derail the thread


What you wrote is almost exactly what Thor says in the actual movie (Thor 2011)


I havn't seen it. I do enjoy the Norse myths though.

I have always thought like this. It makes sense of the Matrix, Lucifer's goals, and many other things. I am not saying lucifer is real, but if he was why would he think he could beat god? By changing the information from within the game of course.

Neo changes the equation in the matrix, and every time it changes too much the "architect" has to recreate it.

I seem to remember it being the 6th world? Seems they weren't being too subtle..



OP: I'm trying to stay on topic about blackholes and an information universe, but It goes in so many directions. It connects to everything. It's what I call the BIG game. It's my favorite topic. ugh lol.

For instance: Mind control and culture are ways or creating reality in a stable predictable way. Life changeing experiences are shunned (seeing aliens, angels, NDEs, OBEs,). Motives are easier to see if you think big. Controlling the outcome of a whole galaxy or universe is a BIG motive. Mind expansion is seen as fruity, or illegal. This is on purpose.
edit on 6/4/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Hate 1 liners... But what about us living in a Holographic Universe?

Holographic Universe

This, seems to me, it would fit with the OPs suggestion
edit on 4-6-2012 by LeoStarchild because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoStarchild
 


Good point.

Things like Black Hole Entropy has lead some like Leonard Susskind to the Holographic Principle.




top topics



 
5

log in

join