It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So time for a ATS Rant!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I am in no way a researcher, I just peruse. However, last night I actually sat through 6 hours of other peoples research about secret societies and the world today. It was very informative. Yes, yes, I know, youtube vids aren't research but the people who make them have done research. Anyway, for anyone who is interested, here are the 6hours of film I watched last night about the Illuminati.

I know this isn't really the best thread to post these in but as it was a topic of conversation in this particular thread, I thought I might as well post them because I found them very interesting. Especially the Aquarious one, seriously, check it out.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I understand where you're coming from, OP. Too many threads devolve into insults and making fun of other members. One can disagree and do it in a civil manner. And if you're going to disagree, it helps to state your reasons why. Disagreeing by stating, "Your sources are stupid", or "you misspelled a word, I cannot take you seriously", or worse yet, "You're delusional, you wear a tin-foil hat, you're paranoid and looking for conspiracies where none obviously exist" is not debate, it is insulting.

I'm not saying that you do these things, but it goes along with your rant, so I thought I'd toss it out there.

As far as what gets attention and what doesn't, I guess it is a popularity contest. I have also noticed that it depends on what time it is posted.

After being similarly aggravated and taking a few weeks off, I realized that ATS has had an influx of youngsters who do not know the difference between intellectual discourse and debate, and insulting a poster in order to look cutesy and get stars. I have made it my personal mission to point out these thread derailers and nasty little trolls, while not stooping to their level. While doing that, I also still enjoy posting on threads. If I disagree, I will not insult the messenger, and I will state my reasons why I disagree.

ATS needs its more thoughtful members to stay and show the younger members how to keep it civil and still entertaining. So don't leave.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Ok then , I re read it and you called the links or sources posted are authored by skitzophrenics. I apologies if I interpreted it as you suggesting that those linking said sources are loons . you appeared to be criticizing the authors of threads you didn't personally agree with.

There's no need to defend yourself by saying you once believed in NWO. Most of the tales of that, the way they are explained are enough to put any intelligent person off. Perhaps that is the plan, throw in other things so ridiculous, that the whole story looks to be loony. Or am I loony to suggest that?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

What I said was that often I find a link to a individuals blog site where he appears to have some delusion that he is a ex CIA spy with the smoking gun. I was calling the author of the hypothetical website a schizophrenic not anyone on ATS, it was just a flippant remark to emphasise my point about poor referencing.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

You either get used to it, or realize that you can learn just as much from long breaks and watching the forums than actively participating. The lack of reliable primary sources was one of my initial issues with the way that other members cite their evidence. But, after all, due to the nature of the website I'm not totally sure what there is to do about that.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join