It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hero Bus driver saves 24 after being hit by piece of Iron while driving. Free Video Inside Thread!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Link:
Hero bus Driver saves 24

A bus driver in China has been hailed as a hero for saving the lives of 24 passengers after being fatally injured by a piece of iron debris that smashed through the windshield. Despite being in obvious pain, 48-year-old Wu Bin hit the brakes, shifted gears, turned the hazard lights on and was able to tell his passengers not to wander onto the highway on May 29. Dramatic security camera footage broadcast on Sunday on state television showed the deadly chunk of iron hitting Wu in the arms and abdomen, and his calm handling of the situation, according to The Huffington Post. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... indshield-Chinese-highway.html

There is a video on the main page article. Absolutely fantastic demeanor under pain. Poor guy, he was worried about his passengers as he was hit by a giant piece of metal while driving. He managed to pull to the side of the road and tell his passengers not to get out.

RIP

edit on 013030p://6America/ChicagoMon, 04 Jun 2012 13:02:18 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: fixed link

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Link didn't seem to work.. I don't see the story you mentioned.. but it sounds amazing

I found a link on Huffington Post

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...
edit on 6/4/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I must say, after seeing the video that it truly is amazing he was able to continue functioning to get the bus stopped safely, stand and direct passengers not to exit the bus.. and what a stroke of bad luck that the iron would be on that trajectory just enough to hit right through the glass.. the timing of such things always amazes me... had he been going a few miles per hour slow it could have been radically different, or one lane over..

The link in the main post still doesn't work for me.. but the huff-po link I found should be the same story for anyone wondering.. ( just look up to my first response )
edit on 6/4/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Yea no problem, tried to fix link. It is amazing the timing of the event. Sometimes you just don't know when its out to get you. Its like a real life 'Final Destination' moment when your number is up and death is out to get you.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Saw the video yesterday on another site.
Yep, this guy was a true hero.

And he didn't have to even do anything against his conscience.

new topics

top topics

join