It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

one brief flash of self-awareness in the middle of nowhere. Why.?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

For billions and billions of years, the universe was here and no one knew about it. More to the point, for all that time, the universe itself had no idea that it existed. But then, around 13.7 billion years after the Big Bang, and almost four billion years since life first evolved, something strange began to happen: Tiny parts of the universe became conscious, and came to know something about themselves and the universe of which they are a part. Eventually, some of these tiny parts of the universe - the parts we call ‘scientists' and ‘scientifically-informed laypeople' - came to understand the Big Bang and the evolutionary process through which they had come to exist. After an eternity of unconsciousness, the universe now had some glimmering awareness that it existed and some understanding of where it had come from.

swansea.academia.edu...

Maybe the universe wanted to know what is like to be conscious. That's why we are here.? We are part of this universe. The universe was born ie bigbang and one day will end ie die.?

Is the universe better with conscious life in it.? Conscious beings can often be miserable and maybe on balance an unconscious universe would be the more desirable. But i still think that terrible shame if the universe had no conscious life in it.1 Why is they any couscious life for.?
Why do we get one brief flash of self awareness then die.?
edit on 4-6-2012 by terry456 because: (no reason given)

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Fri Jun 8 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by terry456

A life time for us really is a brief flash on th universal scale. That's all it takes for us to live our whole lives. Seeds are scattered as we move through the wind of time, individually we die, but as a whole, life strives to survive and you will find it wherever it can be.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Who says the universe wasn't always self aware, but just unable to express it ?!

The universe is truely awe-inspiring, the fact that eveything is drived from 92 ingredients never fails to impress me, but I think we need to stop looking at conciousness, and the universe from a human perspective, and see it for what it really is.

We humans are but a fractal, an aspect, of a much bigger picture, just because we are self aware, doesn't mean the unviverse couldn't be until we came along.

edit on 4-6-2012 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

Well said. I think nothing became awear one day that it was nothing and wanted to be more and it did. Awearness/conciousness came 1st. Everything else is a minifestation of that,It just switched on(big bang). All energy was created, awareness then controlled this energy into different type to creat matter, heat, light, ect. Then kept mixing, making cooking, baking, life was created, becouse that awareness wanted to be more, and it did.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
If the Universe is endless (infinite), and all indications are that it is...
Then it goes on forever, and it must therefore be going on forever, right?
Endless space begets endless duration?
So then how can we say that it is only so old?
And so aware or intelligent?

Thats like guessing what the whole world is like outside of a room without windows we have lived in our entire lives.

Pretty small perspective...

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Here's what happens with the universe. You gotta understand that time as we understand it does not operate as we understand it. We're severely limited in our understanding of time by our organic, evolved perceptions. Time is not linear. It's more like a color, or a temperature, and it "mooshes" in and around and through the universe in a number of ways and dimensions.

Another thing you need to understand is that the universe only exists because there is something alive to perceive it. If there is no one around to hear a tree fall in the universe, not only is there no sound, but there's no tree, or universe.

And then you have life. Life is anti-chaos, anti-entropy. It organizes the universe by absorbing matter/energy into its structure.

Thinking in terms of non-linear time, what you have here is life working and expanding to eventually encompass all matter and energy in the universe until the universe becomes one huge sentient creature. But the trick is, this doesn't just happen sometime in the distant future, because it encompasses all time in all dimensions, too. So it ends up "bootstrapping" itself, and the entire universe, into existence by consciousness, 14 billion years ago (and expanding forward and backward in time), as well as throughout all of time and space.

So, this is existence. There is no future and no past, only now. And we have always been aware and will always be aware.

Hope this helps!

edit on 4-6-2012 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

For billions and billions of years, the universe was here and no one knew about it. More to the point, for all that time, the universe itself had no idea that it existed. But then, around 13.7 billion years after the Big Bang, and almost four billion years since life first evolved, something strange began to happen: Tiny parts of the universe became conscious, and came to know something about themselves and the universe of which they are a part. Eventually, some of these tiny parts of the universe - the parts we call ‘scientists' and ‘scientifically-informed laypeople' - came to understand the Big Bang and the evolutionary process through which they had come to exist. After an eternity of unconsciousness, the universe now had some glimmering awareness that it existed and some understanding of where it had come from.

interesting eh?

what gives OP??

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by howmuch4another

interesting eh?

what gives OP??

OP is a troll and constantly lies and plagiarizes directly from other sites....its on tumbler by the original author you linked to as well...

www.tumblr.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

yeah I've linked to two off site articles he has lifted from now. Boncho did it with one too. I just cannot for the life of me understand why a mod has not banned him for this.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Vasa croe. Why you keep calling me a troll. Then you troll on most of my posts.? I wrote this

Maybe the universe wanted to know what is like to be conscious. That's why we are here.? We are part of this universe. The universe was born ie bigbang and one day will end ie die.?

Is the universe better with conscious life in it.? Conscious beings can often be miserable and maybe on balance an unconscious universe would be the more desirable. But i still think that terrible shame if the universe had no conscious life in it.1 Why is they any couscious life for.?
Why do we get one brief flash of self awareness then die.? After reading Steve Stewart-Williams which is really good. And got me thinking about how we became conscious And why did life happen.? I know about evolution and life is about passing on are genes. Just wanted to why.

Because we are all one day going to die. And i did not find on tumblr. I googled universe and consciousness. And Stop trolling on my posts you are rude. Dont like what i post. You dont have to read them.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Why does the sun come up? Or are the stars just pin holes in the curtain of night, who knows?

new topics

top topics

join