It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Webster Tarpley and Adam Kokesh debate Bilderberg and Ron Paul.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Saw this video with Webster Tarpley and Adam kokesh over the weekend. It's quite an interesting debate about Bilderberg attendees and Ron Paul.

tarpley seems to suggest, Ron Paul is controlled opposition and that Bilderbergers like Peter Theil, who is on the steering committee are in fact in support of Ron Pauls ideologies.

Anyway it's an interesting debate.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I'm half way through and I agree with Webster for the most part. The Ron Paul style of libertarianism is dangerous. I don't think RP is controlled opposition though.

s&f

edit on 4-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
This is a brilliant conversation/debate where many critical issues are discussed. Tarpley is one of the most brilliant minds around and he brings up many hidden and uncomfortable points. I admire Kokesh for his enthusiasm and fierce defense of freedom but he's young and inexperienced and nowhere nearly as well informed.

A couple of interesting thoughts occurred to me while listening:
- there never were any "good old days", history is replete with problems and wholesale suffering. Any perception of such was at the expense of someone else. History can be a guide for both good and bad methods of governance.

- The death of unions means neither party has any organized opposition to fear. That's a very telling point which goes far in explaining how bipartisan politics have drifted further from the center leaving the people powerless. His criticisms of libertarian policies (or lack thereof) echo similar questions I've had for a long time. As usual I think the real answers will lie somewhere in the middle.

- Organization is the key to political power. Period. Anarchy and Libertarianism can never produce real power due to their belief in individualism.

Overall it was extremely thought-provoking. In fact, I'm going to listen to it again and bookmark it for future reference. This video gets my highest rating.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

It seems to encapsulate many of the arguments had on ATS. Tarpley has the benefit of experience on his side. I'm not saying he is right, but he manages to highlight the concerns of those who don't subscribe to the anarcho Capitalist ideology.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I found that most of Tarpley's statements are just accusations that he is putting together to make Ron Paul seem like he is a fake. I liked how Adam gave him respect and allow him to make his points, but when ever Adam breaks apart his theories or make a good point, Tarpley get's defensive and retorts with, "it's all rhetoric", "same old talking points". Adam listens to him and tries to give good debating points and Tarpley just blows him off without truly answering his questions.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
"With everything else being the same... with everything else being equal...." Therein lies the fallacy. I suppose if the country were to go along with Paul's brand of libertarianism, elect him to high office, there would be those powers seeking to put the brakes on the most essential reforms while ushering in other policies that would be damaging to the system, that would be dangerous and destructive. Those half-way measures are the pitfall that are necessary to avoid. That would be another struggle of good vs evil in that scenario and I must give Tarpley due credit for putting light on that.

Certainly there would be no gain for the people if right away, for example, food stamp programs were stripped to the bone while programs like Codex Alimentarius were being pushed so that vitamins and food supplements would become restricted and virtually unobtainable without prescription by AMA physicians. Compound this with the trend we see where home gardening is increasingly prohibited and only chemical-laden processed foodstuffs are generally obtainable, our nightmares really begin to unfold. There are certainly powers that would steer things in that direction.

The proper course would be a two-step process where when pushing people to self-reliance we must have already abandoned those imposed government-imposed restrictions that keep them from being self-reliant. We have been strong-armed over the years to accept numerous restrictions ostensibly put in place for our own protection. Those restrictions, however, have stunted our growth.

America is now a faltering nation because the American people have been hobbled. Breaking those leg bonds must take place first and foremost before we can resume our growth otherwise we face certain collapse. We are damned if we don't and we will be equally damned if we don't do it right. It will be an interesting experiment to watch unfold.

edit on 6-6-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join