It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man builds helicopter from a dead cat

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

The Dutch artist Bart Jansen has a somewhat unusual way, his dead cat , the last respect to: From the peeled skin of the animal, he constructed a helicopter. More precisely, a quadrocopter. At each of the four outstretched paws of the cat model airplane pilot Arjen Beltman mounted on its behalf, a rotor, the whole is mounted on a frame made of plastic.

Is this truly art or is it the mind of a sick man ?

link

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
woops just seen this was posted in the BA section, oh well...

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
It is truly disgusting, disturbing and wrong in so many ways but...

I can't stop laughing...

I need help...

Peace

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
What's so disgusting about it? This dead cat is cleaner than any live cat on the planet, guaranteed.

It's odd, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it disgusting. Letting your cat up on your counters and table, bed and couches.. now THAT'S disgusting.

I think copter-kitty is awesome. =]

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I wouldn't say it's sick, but it's kind of messed up to do it to your own pet.
However, the animal was already dead so no harm done.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

edit on 4-6-2012 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Can anyone say " ten lives?" how did the cat die anyway? Maybe the guys just giving his kitty the opportunity to fly because that is what it really wanted in life...

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

I personally don't like it. It may be art to some....but it is very annoying and sad to me.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I'm curious if the folks that are offended by this are offended by all other forms of taxidermy? Is it just cats? Or is it the attempted humor?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This is the funniest flying cat I have ever seen. Well I haven't seen a flying cat before. But if cats could fly that's they way it should look. And about the "disgusting" part .. if I had to chose between a flying cat and a stuffed dog, I'd take the flying cat, nothing wrong with that.

Other than that, there's one more thing that comes to my mind:

Thunder... thunder .. thunder ... thunder ... CATS !!

-Humms the thundercats anthem-

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Even though it's no different than wearing a fur coat or snake skin boots I do find this demented.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
What's so disgusting about it? This dead cat is cleaner than any live cat on the planet, guaranteed.

It's odd, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it disgusting. Letting your cat up on your counters and table, bed and couches.. now THAT'S disgusting.

Would you be terrified if you saw your dead friends limbs twisted, stiff and flying?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen
I'm curious if the folks that are offended by this are offended by all other forms of taxidermy? Is it just cats? Or is it the attempted humor?

I think this is a little different then taxidermy. lol
Probably pet owners who are bothered by it.
I have 5 dogs & a cat.
I could make a transformer out of all of them put together when they die.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity

Originally posted by TinkerHaus

Would you be terrified if you saw your dead friends limbs twisted, stiff and flying?

Humans and cats are not.. Not even close to the same thing. Would you be terrified if you saw a stuffed fox on a hunter's wall?

As I said, it's a little disturbing but no more disturbing than seeing a bear rug, or an antelope's head on a wall. I personally wouldn't do it, but it's not 'terrifying' or 'disgusting' - it's just odd.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
It's only morbid if he killed the cat to make it fly. No more morbid (and much more entertaining) than animal heads all over a den/man cave wall.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Oh god this made my day. Absolutely brilliant! No wonder if some people find this disgusting though.. To me, pure gold.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I mean it would be more PC if he just made a realistic cat stuffed animal and did it with that.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Let's make more!!!

We can battle the military drones with them!! Pew Pew Pew....meow!

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I mean people taxidermitize (sp?) a lot of animals, why not make something out of it. A dead animal standing up with its eyes open by your couch is ok but not OK on a frkin cool helicopter!

There is nothing insane or disgusting about it.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I can see the birds freaking out!

''Holy crap, did you see that flying cat!''

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join