Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Obama Economic Plan: Go Buy A Thingamajig

page: 1

join

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The video is Obama speaking in Golden Valley, MN on June 1, 2012. His solution to fix the economy is to give everyone a $3,000 check to go out and buy thingamajigs.

I am at a loss for words. More income redistribution. He doesn't seem to know what he's even doing and the crowd is laughing with (at?) him.

edit on 6/4/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: fix typo

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
This isn't going to help! I already have WAY to many "thingamajigs"
Granted if he gave me 3k to spend on something, I Can guarantee this. It won't be new!

It will be like when I had unemployment but forgot to collect. Then one day I called and they said, "oh yes we owe you like 15 weeks."

So I collected about $5000 from unemployment. And bought a boat.
And so appropriately named it "Government Cheeze"

Did that help the economy?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MoosKept240
"Government Cheeze"

I really like that. For me, thingamajigs are gold and silver coins, and firearms.

Just wait for his shameless October surprise -- "Student Loan Forgiveness Program"

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I want a thingamajig 2.0.!

Actually, this is a sensible economic plan...go buy something...if everyone does it, demand is created, manufacturing is increased (chinese workers become happy).

Just make sure your thingamajig is american made for maximum benefit.

George Bush said the same exact thing during the late 2001/2002 recession...go shopping. It seems stupidly simple, but it gets the ball rolling.
If giving someone 3k brings in a new job that pays that money back over time many times over..its a pretty good investment (when a car sputters and stalls, its time to pay for some gas to get it back on the road).

I never criticised Bush for suggesting we all just go shopping...he was right. I did become concerned frankly when Obama kept telling people to become thrifty, tighten the belts, etc..aka, kept telling people to save money. That has been the wrong message for a leader of an economy...instead, Go buy, but buy American needs to be the trend. (For America that is...Buy British if your in Britain, etc)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by MoosKept240
This isn't going to help! I already have WAY to many "thingamajigs"
Granted if he gave me 3k to spend on something, I Can guarantee this. It won't be new!

It will be like when I had unemployment but forgot to collect. Then one day I called and they said, "oh yes we owe you like 15 weeks."

So I collected about $5000 from unemployment. And bought a boat.
And so appropriately named it "Government Cheeze"

Did that help the economy?

Helped the boat manufacturers, plastics, boat licensing, fuel importing, engine companies, etc..
aka, yes.

Government Cheeze..
Unemployment is something you have been paying into your entire working life.
Thats your cheese...the government was holding onto it for you (nice of them, isn't it)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
LOL " thingamajig" pardon the pun

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Yay! I'm gonna get me some go'mint money! Gon' buy me a thingamajig.

Don't know where dat money gon' come from. Don't ki-yeer! Go'mint money free. They just gon' print up some mo'!

I lo-o-o-o-o-o-ove bein' a 'Murican!

top topics

join