It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Luka Rocco Magnotta arrested in Berlin, German police say [Montreal Body Parts Case][updated]

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw
I need to ask this again - what exactly makes this boy so much worse than any of the other thousands of murderers in jail right now? Why are people so very angry about it? How many homicides happen per day?

This is not your typical homicide that happens everyday. Yes there are some people in prison who have commited horrible murders and other unthinkable crimes. But this guy is on a different level.

I'm not sure if you've seen the video or read any kind of detailed description of it. If you haven't, don't go looking for it out of curiosity, you cannot unsee it, even if you skip through most of it, which is what i did. I couldn't watch it all and kick myself for letting my curiosity get the better of me.

The first thing that sprang to mind for me was Jeffrey Dahmer.

This type of murderer is very rare compared to other murderers.

If this guy hasn't killed a human before this, he would likely of continued to do so. He is either already a psycohpathic serial killer driven by messed up urges and obsessions, or was seriously heading that way.

But, by the nature of the video it's of my own personal belief that he may have already killed before, not the kittens he's possibly been linked to, but another human or more. He seemed extremely confident commiting those heinous acts, like it is something he was used to doing and this was possibly his grand finale

edit on 5-6-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Well, its a good thing that he was caught (hopefully) before he was able to commit another crime like his first. Although the bad thing is now he will be getting exactly what he wanted: Attention

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

Well his actions were described as 'obscene' by the police but even they say that word is inadequate. Imagine the family of a murdered victim who was shot and left on the street to die. Then try to put yourself in the shoes of Lin's family, who are making their way to Canada. Maybe they don't know about Lin's online activity and are in for a shock on that level. However to have to face the rest of their lives knowing the details of what happened to him is a torment straight out of hell. The twisted sick desecration of his body goes beyond what decent people can accept.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I applied his name to an anagram generator, this sounds about accurate "A Carnal Muck Go Toot" the accuracy on that one is amazing.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I've been bothered about a couple of related things. Maybe someone can help me out?

On the one hand,
I heard the police say they were trying to shut down the website where the murder and ensuing horror is shown, but have been unsuccessful. However, were it not for that website, would they have been able to really discover who the killer was and find such evidence?

On the other hand, remember little Emmanuel Jaques (raped and then drowned in a sink) Do you remember the international stink made about snuff films? How is this depraved video any different today?

I hope the Internet Cafe worker gets a huge reward and commendation. No doubt he's saved a few lives. The neo-Montrealer (a Scarborough native?) had so many looks that I don't know he was recognized. The worker said he went outside and spotted a police van full of trainees. When they all came in and asked the guy for ID, he said he had none. They persisted and got him on his passport ID.

And to think I used to trust people.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

van full of trainees. wow there first International Bust,,and there trainee's,,
gonna be hard too follow that one up

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

That's a very very very odd connection. Something else happened Monday in Berlin which was over shadowed by the Magnotta capture. A man beheaded and dismembered his wife and threw her head off the roof of the building. You can't make this stuff up.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now if there is really a connection between Magnotta and Holmoka then I think we have a real horror mystery on our hands.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Someone mentioned the feet washing up and wondering if there was a link. Now however, there is more gruesome detail in the chronology. Packages containing human remains sent to Vancouver schools

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I can't believe the murder video is still up, haven't this poor guy's family seen enough hurt?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

I have seen the video,
and several things about it don't add up.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

What doesn't add up to you? I noticed the lack of blood in the begining, but I couldn't watch anymore of it. Also he appeared to be drugged, and it did look kind of fake when he started cutting the legs.I will never be able to listen to that 80's song again.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I have seen the video,
and several things about it don't add up.

What because it's been edited and put back together?

I would also speculate that he did this over a couple of days, rather than all in one go.

I'm sure there's more footage, lots of it, that ended up on this psychopaths cutting room floor.

I guess we'll have to wait and see as the case progresses.

edit on 6-6-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Warning: skip this post if you don't want to read details of the video.

@ Kat and Skitz:

Yeah, a few things:

He starts stabbing at the body after it's dead and has apparently bled out, even though there isn't enough blood on the bed?.
When he starts stabbing his movements are hesitant. This really struck me as odd, since the victim was already dead. Presumably he had already slit the man's throat, but now he's going to be hesistant?
There's no footage of the actual killing.
We don't see the actual dismemberment, just some shallow stabbing and slashing.
We don't actually see him eat any of the flesh of the victim.
When he purportedly sodomizes the victim's torso, his pants are on and are done up.
We only see actual penetration with the wine bottle.

I'm not saying he didn't do it etc. but that video is just not adding up for me.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Warning: Skip past this post if you don't want to read, as it discusses the graphic content from the video.

He starts stabbing at the body after it's dead and has apparently bled out, even though there isn't enough blood on the bed?.

I think he started maiming the body quite a long time after death. When he starts stabbing, cutting, and hacking....No blood pours out, If he did this during or right after death, the body would bleed more. This is why i believe it took place over a couple of days.

When he starts stabbing his movements are hesitant. This really struck me as odd, since the victim was already dead. Presumably he had already slit the man's throat, but now he's going to be hesistant?

In regards to the killer being hesitent, i personally think he's thinking where he should start first. We do not actually know what originally killed the victim either. People are presuming that he got his throat slit first, but i think that again happened way after death, hence the lack of bleeding out.

There's no footage of the actual killing.

Does that actually matter? If i can remember rightly, right at the beginning you see the victim moving for a very brief moment, but then it cuts to another part when he is already obviously dead (?)

We don't see the actual dismemberment, just some shallow stabbing and slashing. We don't actually see him eat any of the flesh of the victim.

Another, does that actually matter? Did you want to see those parts? If i'm right and this happened over a couple of days. He may of recorded it all and just added in the bits in he wanted to show an audience. Which means there may be more footage, or it has possibly been destroyed. If i'm right about his character, this kind of footage is something that he would like to of kept so he could keep going back to look at it.
In regards to dismemberment. He may have done that in a seperate room, like the bathroom, a la Jeffrey Dahmer.

When he purportedly sodomizes the victim's torso, his pants are on and are done up. We only see actual penetration with the wine bottle.

This is one of the parts i skipped through most. I did notice his trousers were up, but was his zipper? Could you see that clearly? Regardless of whether his pants and zipper were up or not, he was still humping a dismembered torso. Which shows the sick depravity that he was actually getting off on what he was doing. Just like in a couple of other parts of the video, which i had to skip through.

I'm not saying he didn't do it etc. but that video is just not adding up for me.

It doesn't have to add up really. I personally think he only showed the parts he wanted people to see. The bits he didn't show may have been for his eyes only, so he could go back and relive this sickening experience for his own pleasure. It's obviously been edited a lot and put back togethr to cut it down to 10 odd minutes, he may have not put everything back together in the order in which they occured either, when he made the video to upload.

If he had murdered the victim and kept the body for a couple of days (which is what i suspect), we have no idea what went on, and i'm not sure we would really want to. We can only presume what happened, from what we have already been shown and told.

edit on 7-6-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by skitzspiricy

If he had murdered the victim and kept the body for a couple of days (which is what i suspect), we have no idea what went on, and i'm not sure we would really want to. We can only presume what happened, from what we have already been shown and told.

Good observations about the footage, i agree completely.

But, did you know the victim was last seen at his workplace on may 24th and the video was uploaded on the net on may 25th which means Magnotta did everything in approx. 24 hours, not days like we would expect. Killed the victim, tortured the body, film everything, edit the footage, upload the video. Seems pretty tough for just one person to do everything in only 24 hours, don´t you think?

Also, does anybody know how much time it takes to drain all of the blood from a human body?

This story is getting weirder as we speak. Did you guys know that on the 15th of may there are first mentions on the net of a video named ´1 lunatic, 1 ice pick´ involving necrophilia and cannibalism while the (alleged) victim was still alive? There are some major implications right there.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Exitt

See?
This case is really weird.

@skitz

I think it does matter - since I think that the scare factor and attention were what the video was all about.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exitt

Originally posted by skitzspiricy

Good observations about the footage, i agree completely.

But, did you know the victim was last seen at his workplace on may 24th and the video was uploaded on the net on may 25th which means Magnotta did everything in approx. 24 hours, not days like we would expect. Killed the victim, tortured the body, film everything, edit the footage, upload the video. Seems pretty tough for just one person to do everything in only 24 hours, don´t you think?

Also, does anybody know how much time it takes to drain all of the blood from a human body?

This story is getting weirder as we speak. Did you guys know that on the 15th of may there are first mentions on the net of a video named ´1 lunatic, 1 ice pick´ involving necrophilia and cannibalism while the (alleged) victim was still alive? There are some major implications right there.

Warning: Speculation about the graphic video

I didn't realise that the victim was seen at work on the 24th and the video was uploaded on the 25th.

Now if this wasn't the first time for Magnotta, he may have been able to do all that stuff pretty quick. I still have a gut feeling that he's done this before and not just with animals.

The pictures of the mattress the victim was allegedly killed on doesn't show much blood. How do we know that he was actually murdered on this bed? and not just placed there after the murder?

Perhaps the cause of death was actually his throat being cut. But it wasn't cut on the bed, maybe in the bath, so it would be less messy and could be cleaned easily and quickly(?)

I think if a major artery has been cut, you can bleed out pretty fast, but not sure how fast. Of course when your dead your heart stops pumping blood around your body, couple that with loss of blood from bleeding out of a major artery and then after a few hours Livor Mortis ... This could explain why when he was stabbing and slashing, that there wasn't any blood coming out of the wounds. But i'm no forensic expert.

Onto the dismemberment. I still firmly believe that this may have been done in the bathroom as i stated in my previous post. Jeffrey Dahmer used power saws on his victims and often dismembered them in the bathroom. this may be the case here. Using a power saw would be quick, if the body has bled out and has been dead a few hours, it would be less messy and easier to clean up.

If a lot of things did happen in the bathroom, the murder, the dismemberment, perhaps he never recorded that stuff. The murder and dismemberment may not have been as significant to him as what was shown on the video. Who's to tell what is going on in this guys mind, why he only showed what he showed. There's always a reason with these types of people. It may not seem rational to us, but completely rational to him.

Jeffrey Dahmer once said in an interview that he didn't like murdering his victims, but it was a necessary act that lead to what he really wanted/obsessed over/desired. (This is not what he said verbatim, but it pretty much sums it up).

Perhaps all Magnotta wanted to display was the sexual gratification he got from doing what he did and the power and control he had over this poor lifeless victim.

God i feel weird talking about this so clinically.

I didnt hear about the video floating around on the 15th May. Is it known to be the same one? Or could it of been a different video? Could Magnotta have put up a video of a different victim? Or started a rumour himself to foreshadow what he was planning?

I'd like to know more about that.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Just came across these two articles.

Alleged killer Luka Magnotta likely mailed human remains to Vancouver schools, including one linked to politician Justin Trudeau, simply to gain media visibility, Montreal police told The Province

Source

And this one that states in a small sentance;

Police called the initial video showing the murder "sordid" and said the crime scene was virtually covered in blood

Source

The crime scene was covered in blood? Well the mattress wasn't covered in blood much. So could the floor of the room in the video be covered in blood, or was another room covered in blood, or both(?)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

OK, that's super weird, because in this press video of the crime scene, the only stains I can see are the same as the ones in the video, and they're still not big enough. It looks like a studio apartment with no bathroom, even?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Hey man, if youre so interested in the particulars and you have so many questions about the validity of the story and the locations that he did the things that he did.
Watch the video that he made, its out there and it is disgusting beyond belief.
It does show the victim, tied up and alive at first, he moves a bit but seems drugged or something.
Then cuts to the guy stabbing him numerous times with an ice pick, but he appears to be already dead from having his throat slit, (that part wasnt shown, so it may have been done in the bathtub)
Then he cuts his head off with a knife.
Thats about all im gonna say about it.
edit on 7-6-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join