It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Blockbuster UFO discoveries' set for MUFON's August symposium

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
www.examiner.com...

More promises.

Real scientific advances are made by peer-reviewed checkable claims, not as promotions for conventions.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
You might get what you're looking for sooner than you think, but not from them.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Blockbuster?

What does that mean?
video of ufo from 1 mile away instead of 5 miles away?
Not as shaky video?

I hate these types of stories.
They never pan out.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
www.examiner.com...

More promises.

Real scientific advances are made by peer-reviewed checkable claims, not as promotions for conventions.

So Jim, you probably agree that more mainstream scientists should get involved in studying this phenomenon then? Because it would be a little strange to slam the work of what are basically volunteers, on a topic in which you claim to be genuinely interested, while also advocating that the current level of quality NOT be improved.

And I wonder... do you believe the Condon / U. Colorado study was objective and honest science?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Yeah, more wait and see !!

Just like that Melba Ketchum Bigfoot DNA paper and photo's of families of bigfoot blah blah blah (see here face

book page)

This sort of "soon to come" crap has been going on since I heard of UFO's decades ago.

Though I think books like "Wonders in the Sky" by Vallee are enough to make you think and such.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
My idea of "Blockbuster UFO discoveries" would not require a symposium 2 months from now to be the way the public finds out about them.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
Blockbuster?

What does that mean?
video of ufo from 1 mile away instead of 5 miles away?
Not as shaky video?

I hate these types of stories.
They never pan out.

You've heard of Blockbuster--the big video-rental chain?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
First things first, its the examiner. Not the best source for information. Chances are, mufon know nothing about this.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Yes, somehow I think that if there was any truly significant news item to be had, we would have heard about it already on the major news networks. Maybe even Yahoo! News.

Somebody has definitive proof that the Roswell ship was a time machine from the future, but rather than tell CNN, they decided to wait for the August MUFON coffee and donut meeting. Makes sense!

edit on 4-6-2012 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I believe the disclosure people seek will happen once they no longer care for it. Until then, people aren't ready and it won't be disclosed.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Hopefully its not an Anonymous blockbuster type disclosure. Perhaps MUFON is teaming up with Anon to perform a DDOS attack on a UFO.

we are

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican
I believe the disclosure people seek will happen once they no longer care for it. Until then, people aren't ready and it won't be disclosed.

And it's my opinion that nobody will believe "disclosure" unless it tells them what they already believe. Hell, there was a disclosure just last year. The government said they didn't know what UFOs were, and didn't have any evidence to suggest that they were aliens.

So that's that. What? You don't believe them? That's because they aren't telling you what you want to hear.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

JimOberg

Well jim, it would help if the scientific community actually took the ufo subject seriously, which they do not.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Hehehe!

I don't want disclosure. I love not really knowing, second guessing and, as of lately, not even caring!
For humanity to hear the answer "You are alone" might be the best thing that ever happened to them. But, if true, this would also be something "they" would want to cover up if you get my drift. Either way, we become empowered.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

I was considering going to this function, that is, until I saw the prices. Mufon is out of its mind if they expect a full room.

edit on 4-6-2012 by All Seeing Eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Well, i just got a reply email from mufon, just to clarify that the story was true. This is the reponse i got.

Hello Jason!
Yes, it is true.
Sincerely; MUFON HQ

So, this is def from mufon, what the information is, we will just have to wait and see. I hope its something good, but i have heard this so many times before in the past, and nothing happans.

Lets just wait and see

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Ok so two big pieces of UFO related information one at the opening and one at the close of the symposium , I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say I'm looking forward to see what they've got .

I don't see a problem that they would want to hold on to Blockbuster UFO discoveries to release at their show , why wouldn't they its only a few weeks away .

Good work on getting confirmation Jay

Here's hoping its something solid and we don't all end up doing a mass Face palm

The only thing that bothers me is that he says “It’s not often we acquire information like this,” , which would seem to suggest that its not ground breaking info ...guess we'll just have to wait and see .

edit on 4-6-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Well, im not holding my breath to be honest. How many times have we heard this, and nothing happens. I remember when sts 75 tether case was seen as the smoking gun. In the end, it turned out to be ice-crystals/debris

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
It seem to be the thing to say some BLOCKBUSTER new evidence or footage has been found & is AMAZING...we'll show you in 2 months time.

it could be good who knows,hope it is but i'm not holding my breath..these things tend to lead to disapointment.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I guess it wouldn't have anything to do with these Mayan discoveries in Mexico where Elisabeth Thieriot is on the run with some controversial footage
edit on 4-6-2012 by quantumfluctuation because:

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join