It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public Bathroom Shyness(Pee Shyness)?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Hi Everyone,

I just found out im pee shyness, after i found out, its actually a "disorder" and not "just me", i seem to notice lot of other people have it too.

Well to tell the truth, im "shy" to use public bathroom for both(#1 and #2) purpose, and it make sense why i avoid using public bathroom for #2.

You may notice or see if you have it by few events.

When you are in a public washroom taking a piss and someone is waiting in line next for your stall and at this moment you feel uncomfortable and you can't do your business, that's how you know you have it.

For me its mainly the #2 business, i barely used public bathroom for that purpose(i think in my life i only maybe used outside washroom, maybe 50x). I can;t do anything if there is another person in the washroom, i have to wait until they leave...

Also whats with those grunting noise people make, can't they just go quiet? lol

Its a mental problem, how i knew this? no i didn't Wikipedia. i found out about this is when i was in the washroom, and did my business assuming there was no one, but later found out that there was someone(it was a big washroom).

Anyone dealt with this before? have you found your way of focus on something else?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

For me its never #2, I save that for home. Takes a couple of mins before you piss when people are around you in a public toilette that's normal.
edit on 4-6-2012 by DeadSnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Urinal stage fright, very common.
Try this simple effective remedy.
Pull your pants and underwear down to your ankles and then pull your shirt over your face (dont remove your shirt, people will think you a little weird) and jiggle around saying. Its raining men allalujah.

I swear it works, just try it.

This could work for ladys to, might as well try.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
Pull your pants and underwear down to your ankles and then pull your shirt over your face (dont remove your shirt, people will think you a little weird) and jiggle around saying. Its raining men allalujah.

You are just a lawsuit waiting to happen, sir.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

You are just a lawsuit waiting to happen, sir.

Not in my country buddy.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

Somalia?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Lmao, no way, screw that. lol

if i do that Ill be the laughing stock or the mentally retarded.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
run the faucet water or flush the toilet first to get some noise going... that way you dont feel so self-conscious about having everyone hear you tinkle

edit on 4-6-2012 by Isabelx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Isabelx
run the faucet water or flush the toilet first to get some noise going... that way you dont feel so self-conscious about having everyone hear you tinkle

edit on 4-6-2012 by Isabelx because: (no reason given)

It would be weird to do that on public washrooms tho..

imagine turn on facet and coming to the stall to pee, everyone would be like "why did he not turn off the tap?"

Also, i barely seen the "manual" faucets anymore, its all senors.

My desperate move is to force flush to get the noise going.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Wear your ipod or music when you go into the washroom and focus on the tunes. That way you can't hear anyone around you and screw them if they can hear you. No one gives a crap about your bodily functions, so you shouldn't give a crap about them either.
This reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where George scoped out the entire city about where the best places were to take a crap. Find the places that have the least amount of traffic. Also avoid washrooms during the peak hours, like 10:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m. after lunch, and 3:00 p.m. after coffee break.
edit on 4-6-2012 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by sparrowstail
Wear your ipod or music when you go into the washroom and focus on the tunes. That way you can't hear anyone around you and screw them if they can hear you. No one gives a crap about your bodily functions, so you shouldn't give a crap about them either.
This reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where George scoped out the entire city about where the best places were to take a crap. Find the places that have the least amount of traffic. Also avoid washrooms during the peak hours, like 10:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m. after lunch, and 3:00 p.m. after coffee break.
edit on 4-6-2012 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)

Man, what you said was perfect of what i have been observing, esp the peak hours...i always avoid that.

Its the stupid embarrassing guilt(noises), whats the point behind it! i know its stupid to give a crap(pun int.) about it, but its hard to avoid it.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria

Oops! can't watch videos right now lol. At work!
but i def check it out later.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

The faucet trick is best used in bathrooms that have handicap / private sinks in the stalls.. or when the bathroom is within earshot of others (like in an office with thin walls).

I agree with the poster above too, its mostly expected when we walk into a bathroom that we'll hear someone doing their business.. not many people really pay attention to it

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
i'm so glad i don't have that problem, lots of my friends do, but i'm just known to piss whenever wherever, its pre great.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I feel you, man. Jeez I hate to use public WC. I usually do my business just before hitting the road so that I don't need to use public WC. I think it's more of a intimacy problem: I just can't do my business if I know everybody know what I am doing. I have to have absolute privacy.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Uhh #2's?

Not to sound rough but when I'm sitting there in public, if someones at the door hanging out, I'll stand up, open the door and tell that sado to BUGGER OFF.

No worries, it's been done. Will be done again, if that kinda thing happens... crikey, you'd have to be a complete lunatic to sit there and get shy about someone hanging out there.

Having said that, I never pee out in the open.. might as well tie a knot in it and whistle dicksy

But for real ? No one stands at the cubicle door and is wanting to just go #2's... they're a freak.

In fact, I take longer just to make them suffer. either get the fred away or you're going to need diapers.

screw that -- and not in the literal sense!

oO

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
A recent study conclusively proved that French men have the biggest penises in Europe.

That's have, not are.

I have no embarrassment standing at a British urinal. I really don't.

Au contraire.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I had it too, pretty bad actually. But when you gotta go, you gotta go, so.....I used to plug my ears with my fingers if I couldn't run the faucet. Blocking the noise works well, as another poster pointed out when they said use headphones and listen to music.

Number 2? Not in a public place. As a female, I can vouch for quite a few women really letting loose in a public bathroom, and I do find it uncomfortable and disgusting. They're grunting and letting gas out like a backfiring car, and then you smell what they're releasing and.....ugh. Just ugh. Like you're with them at home in their bathroom or something. Worse yet are the ones who forget to flush after doing their business. WTH......I cannot imagine what their bathrooms are like at home.

I guess the "bottom" line is, some people just don't care, they're going to do their business no matter where they're at. Others are more shy and consider it a very private thing to do, so having a bathroom full of people hearing you do it makes it difficult indeed.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I try to read the brand name of the men pee stall to change my concentration.. its kinda works...

i guess women don;t have to worry about pee neighbour talking to you while you pee... whats with that?

i remember my friends do that on purpose(like after watching a movie or something), and i'm like "DUDE, STFU for a bit.. i almost had it"

edit on 6/4/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join