It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Force really exists, top scientists agree

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by GiodanoBruno

Originally posted by GiodanoBruno
Waste of time and money.... dont believe the hype.

Waste of page space with unnecessarily large quote.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander
reply to post by rapunzel222

I'm a skeptic on the whole college taught quantum physics. In fact, quantum physics shouldn't be called quantum physics. What really needs to be taught is Soft-Particle Physics.

Quantum physics is another way of saying, "I'm doing large amounts of math with the 100% reassuring that it's right! I don't know what it is, but I'm right!" Sorry, no, your in a dream world in which math is your God, and as well, you have manipulated math to get the right answers or the answers that are pleasing to others. Do you even know what your talking about?

How about a simple question? Is the speed of light independent from it's frequency?

I'm not sure what there is to be skeptical about. Some of these posters here need a few college physics courses under their belts so they'd have a better understanding of how things work and can appreciate the world around us.

Also, without using math to "100% reassure that it's right", we'd be living our lives as simple farmers still. The math is needed to confirm results, predict results, and to analyze the outcomes of failed experiments.

The speed of light travels at a constant speed in a vacuum, therefore it is a function of the medium it travels in. So yes, it's speed is independent of its frequency and wavelength. The speed of light slows down in any other medium however, such as air, water, glass, you name it.

But the author is correct saying that everything in the universe is connected in some way or another. Fascinating stuff! Quantum Physics has some pretty tough concepts though. It takes traditional thinking and throws it out the window. I still have a difficult time understanding how electron pairs, no matter how far apart (can be billions of miles), will have exactly the opposite "spin" at any given point at time.
edit on 5-6-2012 by clevelandklik because: no reason

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by rapunzel222

and our very intentions and thoughts actually change and shape matter...

No they don't. I know there's an idea going around that we can affect certain things just by trying to measure them. But, intending on measuring or just thinking about measuring doesn't do anything. I'll keep an open mind if you want to elaborate, but right now I'm not buying it.

our thoughts affect reality, whether you believe it or not

I have kept many many thoughts to myself and they have done NOTHING to this world. It's only when we turn our thoughts into actions do things get interesting.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
... but, but, what about the midichlorians??

Seriously, that's all that seems to be missing from her "good, solid research".

Pro-tip: If someone feels the need to justify their "good, solid research" by repeatedly mentioning their "good, solid research", then their research likely isn't very good, and it surely isn't solid.

Snake oil for the masses as satron pointed out.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

they are more or less saying that there exists a 'field' of energy that binds all in the universe together at a subatomic quantum level - a quantum field or 'force' if you will which means that everything we do affects everything else, we are all connected, and our actions can powerfully affect the universe etc.

Another Term Butter Fly Effect

to do some Research on
Butterfly effect
en.wikipedia.org...

See Also
Avalanche effect
Behavioral cusp
Cascading failure
Causality
Chain reaction
Determinism
Domino effect
Dynamical systems
Fractal
Innovation butterfly
Kessler syndrome
Law of unintended consequences
Positive feedback
Snowball effect
Traffic congestion
Tropical cyclogenesis

we are all connected

George Lucas ( Star Wars ) Had the Idea

James Cameron ( Avatar ) Had the Idea

When you Star to think about About Nature and the cycle of Life !

then when you think about the Plants that Feed you , Heal you , Cure You ,, Stimulate you!!!

Plants May have a Major Connection of the Animal Kingdom

when you think about it ,,

And that My Members is just One thought .... Plants...

We Cause Plants ( Themselves ) to Suit Our Needs or is it Spiritual Divinity ( God ) or Aliens ... ( Civ 3 ) ?

We go to the Force as You Will... in Our Dreams from the Pineal Gland

Animals & PLANTS can Sense Danger ( a I have a Bad Feeling about this .. ) For Survival
AKA The Force ...

I do Believe we have a Some type of Force amongst us ....

Some Of Us have a Ability to Tap ( Calling ) into it then Others ...

Another thing to think about IS How Our Wild Life ( Fauna Flora ) Adapts to the Four Seasons on Earth

Adaption of its Surroundings

One Season ,,, Winter

Hibernation
Animal Mammal Coat Shedding Warmth Example ( Horses, Dogs )
Camouflage to White example ..( Rabbits Minks )

What Force has Caused this ... ? GOD , OR themselves

Members any thought of this ? Im curious for a Reply ...

Speaking of the Force

Star Wars: The Force And Midi-Chlorians.

Just Maybe the Midi Chlorians. Communicate with each other !!!

Could there be a Connection to that ?????

if they Can there is Your Answer ..... of the Force ...

Was George Lucas Right ?
edit on 5-6-2012 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

I have kept many many thoughts to myself and they have done NOTHING to this world. It's only when we turn our thoughts into actions do things get interesting.

Those thoughts affects you, which then affected your actions on a (sub-)conscious level and how people react, and it spreads from there.

Even if your thought is "I hate that person" and you pretend to like that person in reality, do you not think that your action is still affected?

If you pretend to like someone, and actually like someone, your actions will be different, you may be involved more and helping them more.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
actually i have lately heard some scientists compare dark matter and dark energy to 'the force' from star wars. although i dont think they are trying to say we can crush someones throat with it darth vader style

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina
Universal interconnectedness makes perfect sense to me.
I get the thought that a lot of people would grimace at the very idea. "I'm actually connected to my worst enemy? Perish the thought!"

Luckily that is the individuals choice, don't put any faith in it and the brain connections will simply not form. Afterall one is only connected in their minds if they wish to believe that, there is still free will and freedom of choice what to believe and what not to believe in, no matter how scientific something may appear.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
How many of you out there believe this and have taken it in as part of your life experience?, and of those who have how many can claim it works?
I totally believe we are all connected by a field or force that can be manipulated by intention BUT i've never pulled it off.
Now i'm not saying that i visualized winning the lottery and am now disappointed it didn't happen i'm saying NOTHING is working out how i intended. NOTHING!
Take world peace for example. I'm sure there is and has been a near infinite amount humans that made that wish....
so... Am i doing it wrong?
I can sit here all morning meditating on love, light cookies and cream but in the end the onslaught continues beyond our control or influence. This leads me to believe, that is the point. This life is a negative experience controlled by unknowable factors that one must get through as best one can. Like Bokowski said, "what matters most is how well you walk through the fire."
I have this fear that when i leave this mortal realm i'll be greeted by some cheerful being asking me how i enjoyed my time in heaven...!?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

here is nothing in quantum theory that states that any quantum effects occur on a macroscopic scale.

time to update your bios...

Researchers Entangle Two Millimeter-Sized Diamonds, A Huge Leap in the Scale of Quantum Entanglement

www.popsci.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
The either. The void. "the force" was proven with entanglement.

You cant possibly have that without a complete and all sharing connection. In all things.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

you should follow up with her book THE INTENTION EXPERIMENT theintentionexperiment.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
What scientists? Could you provide the names of any scientists that support this? From the editorial review She has no scientists supporting this.

From the review.

McTaggart writes well and tells a good story, but the supporting data here is somewhat sketchy.

edit on 4-6-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

that's because we're getting into metaphysics now

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl
and here's the flipside
dmitrybrant.com...

Schrödinger, Heisenberg, Pauli, and Planck must all be spinning in their graves -- I doubt that any of them intended for their theories to be so grossly misinterpreted and misapplied. There is nothing in quantum theory that states that any quantum effects occur on a macroscopic scale. To state otherwise would be intellectually dishonest.

It's curious that he appeals to Schrodinger, considering Schrodinger formulated his cat thought-experiment to demonstrate how quantum effects manifest themselves in classical physics.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by imherejusttoread

Originally posted by Pauligirl
and here's the flipside
dmitrybrant.com...

Schrödinger, Heisenberg, Pauli, and Planck must all be spinning in their graves -- I doubt that any of them intended for their theories to be so grossly misinterpreted and misapplied. There is nothing in quantum theory that states that any quantum effects occur on a macroscopic scale. To state otherwise would be intellectually dishonest.

It's curious that he appeals to Schrodinger, considering Schrodinger formulated his cat thought-experiment to demonstrate how quantum effects manifest themselves in classical physics.

Amit Goswami, "Now, the opposite view is that everything starts with consciousness. That is, consciousness is the ground of all being. In this view, consciousness imposes "downward causation." In other words, our free will is real. When we act in the world we really are acting with causal power. This view does not deny that matter also has causal potency — it does not deny that there is causal power from elementary particles upward, so there is upward causation — but in addition it insists that there is also downward causation. It shows up in our creativity and acts of free will, or when we make moral decisions. In those occasions we are actually witnessing downward causation by consciousness."

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Actually, now that I just finished reading that blog post, and as a physicist myself, that was very embarrassing to read. It read like he took the premise of "I don't like this speculation that the world isn't as consistent as I like and it pains me to see new ideas to interpret it in that direction", ran with it, and then listed every insulting/negative thought that comes to mind.

David Bohm's entire approach to quantum philosophy is the zero-point field and its underlying one-ness of everything, which he detailed in his book Wholeness and the Implicate Order. Wolfgang Pauli believed in much of Jung's philosophy about archetypes and one-ness. Besides his cat experiment, Schrodinger interpreted quantum physics in the light of Hinduism/Buddhist philosophy. Max Planck thought consciousness is the first principle of all existence. Heisenberg was a Platonist where all things underlying reality are also one. I could go on and on, but i'm going to assume he/she is just trolling.
edit on 5-6-2012 by imherejusttoread because: syntax.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by satron
Sounds like a nice feel-good concept to pacify the proles with, as the super rich live life in reality. It's nice, this reality.

ever heard the saying reality is what you make it?

well if it's true it's true and so it is reality if the science backs it up, which it appears to so far:- i actually don't think it necessarily will pacify anyone. might be more likely to stir people up...

at least i dont think anyone should bank on ppl being pacified by it

personally i think it sounds quite empowering

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

well if it's true it's true and so it is reality if the science backs it up, which it appears to so far

Where does it "appear so far"? Must have missed it...
edit on 5-6-2012 by Juanxlink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

and our very intentions and thoughts actually change and shape matter...
this means our thoughts are extremely powerful....

Let me know when your extremely powerful thoughts turn one hair on your head white or black.

i never said i was a jedi, did i? maybe u need training to harness it...
maybe not...
who knows...

I do know that if you could reliably on demand demonstrate that simple feat to an institution like SRI (Stanford Research Institute), they would be most inclined to test your ability and publish the results world wide. You'd be famous.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
The paradox is that we wouldn't be able to alter the world with our thoughts if we didn't believe we could do it and now you've started thinking that you can it may happen. Perception is needed to use the force to alter the world and humans thoughts are required.
This force cannot be manipulated as easily as you think because even if you convince everyone in the world that fire cannot harm you it still will. This reminds me of the Uri Geller guy who bends spoons. Uri Geller said that if everyone stares at the TV screen and uses their will and hope and concentrates for us to win the world football cup with their mind, we will win. I don't know if he was wrong or not because the population of fans staring at the TV screen is higher in other countries than England so they may have overpowered our desires because it's usually a highly populated place that wins.

Have you ever wondered why a horse eats grass in a field? By thinking about eating grass and eating grass, the horse is changing the world around it because there isn't as much grass left. This may be a physical change but the force is still with the horse. Do you think really that only humans would be capable of this? Why can't dolphins pray and change the world around them i thought they were supposed to be intelligent.

If every living thing can manipulate reality with thoughts or feelings i think we are doomed because we are the number one killers of Earth and every other living thing on this planet probably hopes we die.
edit on 5-6-2012 by Parksie because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join