It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Force really exists, top scientists agree

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
have just started reading a book called 'the Field' - you can get it from amazon.com.

It was written by a journalist who has synthesised and brought together ideas from top cutting edge scientists and physicists who are studying quantum mechanics and its larger scale implications.

they are more or less saying that there exists a 'field' of energy that binds all in the universe together at a subatomic quantum level - a quantum field or 'force' if you will

which means that everything we do affects everything else, we are all connected, and our actions can powerfully affect the universe etc.

more or less explains many things religions have been teaching for a while now, the power of prayer, and eastern medicines /concepts like acupuncture and qi energy....

so they say the newtonian, darwinian ideas are now being replaced and are outdated, and that we should no longer see ourselves as individuals struggling for survival (of hte fittest) and alone in our struggle etc...

but instead we are all part of this vast web of energy, all connected to everything else in the universe on a quantum level

and our very intentions and thoughts actually change and shape matter...

this means our thoughts are extremely powerful....

matter at its most basic level doesn't actually have a particular form - it's in a quantum state - and our INTENTION actually affects what form the matter takes.

this is MAJOR - it means the way we do everything, organise our society, all our sciences, are going to need a massive re-think...

it also tends to reconcile many religious ideas with science and provide basis for them....

i highly recommend the book, it's really interesting - may change your whole world view - show it to any scientists you know as well...

(fyi: this is a copy from a thread i have posted on another forum)

the author of the book: a journalist lynne mctaggart compiled it by interviewing lots of top international scientists about their recent discoveries. there's a sequel called the 'intention experiment'.

link to the book: link

youtube link about book: link

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Sounds like a nice feel-good concept to pacify the proles with, as the super rich live life in reality. It's nice, this reality.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
What scientists? Could you provide the names of any scientists that support this? From the editorial review She has no scientists supporting this.

From the review.

McTaggart writes well and tells a good story, but the supporting data here is somewhat sketchy.

edit on 4-6-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
and here's the flipside
dmitrybrant.com...

Schrödinger, Heisenberg, Pauli, and Planck must all be spinning in their graves -- I doubt that any of them intended for their theories to be so grossly misinterpreted and misapplied. There is nothing in quantum theory that states that any quantum effects occur on a macroscopic scale. To state otherwise would be intellectually dishonest.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
What scientists? Could you provide the names of any scientists that support this? From the editorial review She has no scientists supporting this.

From the review.

McTaggart writes well and tells a good story, but the supporting data here is somewhat sketchy.

edit on 4-6-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

she refers to them by name. you'll have to read the book if interested.

she also says their theories have been criticised by many other scientists who basically can't handle a complete reorganisation of the way they need to look at the world.

like all new theories and new scientific models, this one is getting a lot of opposition - some of which you posters have just shown above.

however many other scientists support this new emerging theory and provided her with interviews and information; and if you want to know more about it and them, you'll have to read her book.
edit on 4-6-2012 by rapunzel222 because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
interesting - but not at all surprising (since i've been on this place for a while) - that many posters will bag the book and look for items that criticise it; without having read a single word of it.

but again, not at all surprising.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

Welcome to reality.

Now try some meditation.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
So available in AU from 17 to 22 $, do you have a cut in it?
Is this the same sort of lifechanging revelation as say, "the secret"? Or one of them thing you need to believe in or they wont work on you?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I shall now say what needs to be said if this is true. George Lucas was a bigger "Prophet of Science Fiction" then we thought.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juanxlink
do you have a cut in it?
I

You cannot be serious

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Perhaps the aether exists after all...

This thread might tie in:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 4-6-2012 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The idea makes a bit of sense.
If you think just in terms of, say, quantum entanglement, then suppose you had a pair of entangled particles and separated them by, say 100 light years...if you alter the quantum state of one particle, the other will change states instantly, which leads you to suppose that there is a field effect there.
Cool stuff, I shall have a look for it on payday.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
My studies and research brought me to this conclusion as well, see my signature....

We are indeed all connected and what we do or say may not affect us personally but cause and effect is a law!!!

Its important to control your tongue and hands, thoughts even better!!!!

What ya put out in space is crucial!!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
It is a really good book. Mostly following up on the work of particle physicists David Bohm and Carl Pribram, with some stuff by Stanislav groff and assorted others I think. Its not a "feel good, heal yourself" book, though I found the contents to be very positive....they arent selling anything. Basically, its a followup to the book "the holographic universe" by micheal talbot, very similar topics and subject, but updated with all the most recent research.

Yes, a lot of it has to do with how reality falls apart at a certain level, and also how consciousness has a direct effect on things around us. It details many studies done on things like chinese medicine, qi, and other such things, in laboratory settings, with relevant results. Also stuff in there about the actual research done on the human electromagnetic fields, and on changes measured in them during meditation. Really great stuff.

To sum it up, we understand but a tiniest bit of the truth of what we really are....but people who have been searching within, rather than without, have somehow grasped more of the truth, even a thousand years ago, than we have today.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

There is nothing in quantum theory that states that any quantum effects occur on a macroscopic scale. To state otherwise would be intellectually dishonest.

If you want to live with those blinders that your avatar has it is your choice, however much of our macroscopic technology is based on quantum theory. We would not be communicating now without it.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I wonder is this Dr. one of the people in the book.He pretty much describes what your book is talking about.www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
We are energy.Swimming in a sea of energy.......It really has been said before a thousand ways.....
Certainly we are all connected,,,like the fish of the sea are connected by the water....we are all part of a huge energy equation which is the Gourdian Knot of science......
Someday well cut that knot, but first we have to agree it exists.....

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Since you have and are reading the book do you mind listing some of the "top scientists" by name. I would like to look them up. Thank you.

Sorry didn't see that someone already asked you to do that. My apologies...
edit on 6/4/2012 by VeniVidi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I'm not saying the article is true, but the irony is people who put forth ideas in the past like the earth rotating around the sun received similar disbelief as the posters here are putting forth. At least look at it with an open mind.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
i love this concept! and i cannot wait for the day when all of humanity adopts this way of thinking/living. it surely won't happen in my lifetime but i know it's coming.
S&F

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join