It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Puzzling Event I Still Cant Make Sense Of...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by cartenz

Originally posted by jewells
reply to post by cartenz

Thats really friggin creepy.I don't blame you for being a bit paranoid.

Its nearly like he had to 'prove' you lived where you live (Both photographic & your phone no.).
Could you have something in your possession from him (either directly or indirectly) that someone wants?
The fact that this happened nearly 2 years ago sees me sighing with relief that you are still safe & here.
The random phone call in itself is very suss.
Glad you are ok anyhow. Has there been any other incidents of being followed etc? (Sounds like you are pretty observant, which is good!)
Stay safe!

The phone call was to my moblie, I have no home line. I also technically dont live here, my registered address is a vacant block down the road so whom-ever this person was taking the pics, he had to have enough prior knowledge of my whereabouts to know what window to look into.

J diddnt leave anything here that I know of, I did loan him a hard drive a month or so prior and he had returned that--if that contained any sensitive data, its long gone, my ex stole that hard drive...

im not liking this trail of thought. hmmm.

First and foremost, nothing is ever completely gone from a harddrive unless it has been hit with a virus, and still there are some people who still may be able to access it after a virus wipeout. If your ex has the harddrive, I would advise you to check on that ex. Maybe someone took it from the ex...the harddrive I mean.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep
reply to post by cartenz

Jay was probably back on the stuff and the man with the camera was an undercover cop.

then why am I under surveylance? Possible he was a cop, he didnt give me the impression he was a cop. A cop wouldnt try and hide behind a tree, they would just stand there and continue to take pics--thats what I'd imagine anyway. Also I have had no interaction with the police for years, tho they are one of the few groups to know my exact address.

Man with camera was a claims adjuster looking for info on Jay because Jay was about to get an insurance settlement check for the wreck in early 2000. Jay probably listed your place as a possible contact place. Jay then got the insurance check and used it to buy the stuff he od'ed on.

Na he already had his payout years ago and that was long spent--more likely a cop as you mentioined above. Still beggs why would a cop be taking pics of me in my kitchen?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
If you where involved with activist activities then very likely that this is the motive for the camera man, it does happen. Unless you had some large insurance payout or receiving compensation, but they usually wait until you are doing what you say you cannot before taking photos. Maybe it was your girlfriend, if you had one, just checking up on you, quite a few reasons for private investigators these days and usually most people are not even aware they are being watched. You did get lucky here.

As for J, can only speculate. You really need to start your own investigation but would be tough being so long ago.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

First and foremost, nothing is ever completely gone from a harddrive unless it has been hit with a virus, and still there are some people who still may be able to access it after a virus wipeout. If your ex has the harddrive, I would advise you to check on that ex. Maybe someone took it from the ex...the harddrive I mean.

I understand about data-recovery, what I mean the data is long gone is that the ex has it and there is no way for me to get that (or any of my other possessions) back. Hell hath no fury.

And no, I'm not going to try make contact with the ex over this.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

He may have been followed by the cops one day from his dealers to your place, and the cops just wanted to make sure you weren't a dealer yourself? He may have used your name, amongst others, after he was recently busted?

Also, what was the website, that you were helping him with, about?
edit on 4-6-2012 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
If you where involved with activist activities then very likely that this is the motive for the camera man, it does happen. Unless you had some large insurance payout or receiving compensation, but they usually wait until you are doing what you say you cannot before taking photos. Maybe it was your girlfriend, if you had one, just checking up on you, quite a few reasons for private investigators these days and usually most people are not even aware they are being watched. You did get lucky here.

True, they do watch activists, less so since the Howard years--but maybe thats because Im not as active as I was. The fact that the camera dude was taking pics when I was on the phone to one of my activist buddies just makes that weird.. could J be giving me up to those investigating the praxis if that is what they were investigating? that could make sense, I was not a core member--more considered a fringe tinfoiler, a good scapegoat to distract the investigation... now Im getting paranoid!

I had no potential payouts from insurance at the time or prior or since. I had no girlfriend at that time so no on that.

any other potential reasons someone would take pics of me in my kitchen?--I really am appreciating everyone's input

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep
reply to post by cartenz

He may have been followed by the cops one day from his dealers to your place, and the cops just wanted to make sure you weren't a dealer yourself? He may have used your name, amongst others, after he was recently busted?

Also, what was the website, that you were helping him with, about?
edit on 4-6-2012 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

The website was an anti-GMO website.

Unlikley on the first point you raised, but I wont address in detail--sorry.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Somebody was filming you through your window, then stops and hides, and you didn't go confront him? I would have been out my door and straight towards him so fast it would tear a hole in space-time.
edit on 4-6-2012 by Xaphan because: typo

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
Somebody was filming you through your window, then stops and hides, and you didn't go confront him? I would have been out my door and straight towards him so fast it would tear a hole in space-time.
edit on 4-6-2012 by Xaphan because: typo

not as simple as it sounds, I dont live in a house, its a unit in a complex and my kitchen window faces the side road. I did go for a drive down the side road afterward, but it took me a few minutes to get out the carpark and by that time there was no trace of him. He would have had plenty of time to get in a car and get out of there.

Now if he was a police officer and I did confront him--Id most likely be arrested. If not a cop, Id score a pretty cool camera... life is a can sometimes be a gamble, I wasnt willing to take the risk.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
hmmm interesting Op

First off I find it odd and slightly suspicious that you mention that you took a job with a catholic university,and go on to to purposely insert its Jesuit in your Op.

None of that is relevant to the story considering you state quite adamantly that you work for "good " guys.

Now you say J isn't a good friend and your surprised he would even phoned you, yet you "lent" him a hard drive in the past month which was returned.

add to that your mysterious "non address" (sorry they don't change numbers in addresses ), and something just isn't sitting right with this whole story.

I will assume there is much more than you really aren't telling us, and I feel like this post was just part of some manipulation tactic, but for what purposes , I haven't a clue.

From what I have read of the Jesuits, as a whole they aren't "good" guys, but I'm sure there are some who have been.

Whatever the reasons behind all this, I hope you stay safe, but if you are up to no good, I hope it all crumbles around you.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
if i'm wrong then i am sorry but i think you are lying in most of what you are saying. so far you have reffered to jay as 'jay is' not 'jay was' and there does not appear to be any record of any males found dead in bushlands in australia 48 hours after overdose death so if you could point us in direction of a link of any news reports. but the part about the guy with camera as jay called you, you havent mentioned anything about what the police think when you told them this. if i am wrong them i am sorry but none of it adds up

top topics

<< 1   >>

join