It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Puzzling Event I Still Cant Make Sense Of...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Im writing this account because I still cant make sense of it, the event happened in June 2010 just after I took on a new job at a Catholic (Jesuit) University. It was the afternoon, around 5:30pm, I was at home after work, standing in the kitchen making myself something to eat. My mobile phone rang, and it was a friend of mine, J. This person J, was not extremely close to me and it was odd for him to call me at all, let alone for what the topic of conversation was; He was calling me for information on ISP's and broadband prices, but he didnt seem to have any concern for the information I was providing--it seemed he was distracted with something and he sounded rather nervous. The conversation ended and I placed the phone down. Immediately as I did that I noticed a figure holding an SLR camera thru my kitchen window, he was standing autocross the street in a vacant block, and as soon as I looked directly at him he hid behind a tree. I could see the tips of his shoes when he was standing behind the tree, and I stood in my kitchen staring directly at the tree (and his visible shoe tips) for at least 5 minutes, obviously tiring of hiding behind this tree, the man walked off in a westerly direction. He was stuffing his SLR into a green backpack, and as he was walking away I could get a better view of this man--tho it was not someone I recognised.

I thought back to the conversation I just had with J, and thought maybe this weird go-nowhere conversation was in someway connected to the guy taking photos of me thru my kitchen window. At the time I dismissed any connection as paranoia, and made the assumption that the cameraman was a private investigator working for my new employers--just making sure Im not some undesirable.

Less than a week later, J was dead. Found in abandon bushland over 48 hours after time of death. His cause of death was listed as a heroin overdose, now I didnt know the guy very well, but I knew him well enough to know this suspicious. J had been a heroin addict in the past (so had I, its how we knew eachother), but he had been clean for over 4 years when he died. Sure it could be that he relapsed and overdosed (in a secluded location miles from his home?), that is possible, and its also possible that his call and the photographer were just well timed coincidences. It is possible Im looking for something that isnt there.

A friend dies, the last contact I had with him was at the same time as someone taking pics of me in my kitchen. Its possible its nothing, but it still strikes me as weird. I'd like to hear from ATS'ers on what you think, paranoia or do you think there may be more to the story...

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

Thats really friggin creepy.I don't blame you for being a bit paranoid.

Its nearly like he had to 'prove' you lived where you live (Both photographic & your phone no.).
Could you have something in your possession from him (either directly or indirectly) that someone wants?
The fact that this happened nearly 2 years ago sees me sighing with relief that you are still safe & here.
The random phone call in itself is very suss.
Glad you are ok anyhow. Has there been any other incidents of being followed etc? (Sounds like you are pretty observant, which is good!)
Stay safe!

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
If there is a connection as you propose, that connection is you. Do you think your employers or someone else would go to such lengths and why? Maybe J was no accident as his past caught up with him, but without knowing where he was at with life it leaves the door wide open for many possibilities, including self inflicted.

To make such connections without any real facts and supporting evidence is quite a stretch, but if your gut is telling you to keep your head up it is wise you do.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

I think the man with the green bag and your friend's death aren't connected.

However, you could ask your co-workers if anyone they knew died around the time they were hired, and also ask newly hired co-workers to keep a look-out for the man with the green bag.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
If there is a connection as you propose, that connection is you. Do you think your employers or someone else would go to such lengths and why? Maybe J was no accident as his past caught up with him, but without knowing where he was at with life it leaves the door wide open for many possibilities, including self inflicted.

To make such connections without any real facts and supporting evidence is quite a stretch, but if your gut is telling you to keep your head up it is wise you do.

As mentioned my new employers were a Catholic University, not being a catholic I would be considered an outsider; perhaps with my "colourful" past they wanted to check up on me? It is a stretch of the imagination that they would hire a PI to take pics. If I were them I would just send a 3rd year photography student, which this person was clearly not, too old and didnt look like a student of said uni. I just thought it more likley my employer, as I couldnt think anyone else would want info/pics on me. (other than those government spys that follow all ATSers
)

As to where J was at, he was a journalist prior to having a serious car accident in the early 2000's which left him disabled. He was active in the Say No to GMO campaign here, and I did think there may be a connection there--again clutching at straws. Im thinking the GMO cabal would be more likley to silence someone than my good catholic employers, again tho--does not explain any connection to me.

As stated its something that has puzzled me, and now enough time has past I can talk discuss it without it enduing further paranoia.

edit on 4-6-2012 by cartenz because: formatting - closeing italic

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Being an ex-addict myself, I do find it very strange that a relapse would occur with him shooting up and od'ing in the middle of nowhere. At home, at the dealer's house, at a friends house, sure. But in the middle of bushland?
I think you get me OP.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jewells
reply to post by cartenz

Thats really friggin creepy.I don't blame you for being a bit paranoid.

Its nearly like he had to 'prove' you lived where you live (Both photographic & your phone no.).
Could you have something in your possession from him (either directly or indirectly) that someone wants?
The fact that this happened nearly 2 years ago sees me sighing with relief that you are still safe & here.
The random phone call in itself is very suss.
Glad you are ok anyhow. Has there been any other incidents of being followed etc? (Sounds like you are pretty observant, which is good!)
Stay safe!

The phone call was to my moblie, I have no home line. I also technically dont live here, my registered address is a vacant block down the road so whom-ever this person was taking the pics, he had to have enough prior knowledge of my whereabouts to know what window to look into.

J diddnt leave anything here that I know of, I did loan him a hard drive a month or so prior and he had returned that--if that contained any sensitive data, its long gone, my ex stole that hard drive...

im not liking this trail of thought. hmmm.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

I agree too, but lets look at the possibility that he did die at his dealers and they dumped him--it wouldnt be in secluded bushland that would take 2 days to find him?.

The sad thing is, I mentioned my theory that J may have been murdered to another friend (the guy who first introduced me to J ) and he just brushed it off as another overdose and me being paranoid.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep
reply to post by cartenz

I think the man with the green bag and your friend's death aren't connected.

However, you could ask your co-workers if anyone they knew died around the time they were hired, and also ask newly hired co-workers to keep a look-out for the man with the green bag.

I hope you're right that they arn't connected, having this feeling that my friend may have been murdered is not something that sits easy.

I no-longer work at that University, but when I was hired my Manager was on bereavement leave after her son's suicide--I doubt this is connected.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
All I can add is that you have incredible eyesight if you can detect a SLR camera from other types from across the street. I can accept you story and find it puzzling and must leave it at that, but the SLR camera part is not believeable.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

If I was a paranoid employer I would of had you fully checked out before offering the job, not after. But resources can be tight these days and if they had a lot of applications it may just be some follow up work to help check a few facts, if it was them. Anybody else at work notice people going around with cameras?

As for the GMO crowd, they have been bastards in the courts and this terminator gene to protect copyright is raising some big serious questions about life. We are what we eat and if this trend continues then I am expecting people will become copyrighted as well as our fertility function is further compromised over the generations. GMO has been a hard game with the political pressure that has been applied around the world and not much would surprise me here.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
All I can add is that you have incredible eyesight if you can detect a SLR camera from other types from across the street. I can accept you story and find it puzzling and must leave it at that, but the SLR camera part is not believeable.

You dont think it possible for someone trained in media to recognise an Single Lens Reflex camera with telephoto lens (im guessing about a 450mm?) from a compact camera--even at the great distance of "accross the street", which is like 50m.

I know what I saw, if all you have to add is to call into question my credibility then please keep it to yourself--I posted in the grey area because it is a personal account that can not be referenced.

Oh, and if I had to take a guess at the brand of SLR, Im going to say Nikon, because the battery grip did not look like an EOS. (which I own)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

Sound like your friend did something very serious and your conversation was tapped. If perhaps he had told you what he intended to, you wouldn't be here my friend. You've been cleared.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Im sure they would have liked to have screened me prior to employment--but I was recruited thru an agency, no application, no other applicants. If they were trying to attain my real address, they could have done that without the need for someone to follow me with a camera.

Work was located in Fremantle's west-end, a tourist precinct, so people with cameras are just par for the course. Where I live South Freo is an industrial area and people with cameras is abnormal, esp when there taking pics of me thru my kitchen window.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

A serial killer, who targets friends and family of Catholic University employees, would have been a weird one.

I guess you should follow the gmo/activism lead, since you don't work at the uni any more - it seems more plausible too.
edit on 4-6-2012 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

Yeah, I agree, it would seem easier to dump in his car or home.

Very strange story.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

I did get in contact with some of our mutual activist buddies--dead ends. Some who dont know me so well wont discuss it, others that do know me well are either instantly dismissive telling me Im paranoid or deliberately vague. So I left it alone for a couple of years.

Enough water may have passed under the bridge for people to open up, I can understand how people in greiving process would be less incline to entertain any notion of foul play. I'll see if I can find some of these people--after this happened I did sever most ties with the activist community.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I also technically dont live here, my registered address is a vacant block down the road so whom-ever this person was taking the pics, he had to have enough prior knowledge of my whereabouts to know what window to look into.

What's the reasoning behind your above statement?

Also, I'm not sure why you would be surprised that "J" would call you after you mentioned that you had loaned him a hard drive and he returned it a month earlier?

What exactly was "J's" predicament after the 2000 car accident? Was he disabled? Was he working? What more can you tell us about "J"?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

What's the reasoning behind your above statement?

The numbers on my street changed and the complex I live in went from being number 2 to being number 25, I did not update my postal details on the electoral role to reflect this, therefor my official address is the vacant block down the road.

Also, I'm not sure why you would be surprised that "J" would call you after you mentioned that you had loaned him a hard drive and he returned it a month earlier?

I was providing him with some development services for a website he was putting together, my role in that had completed and there was no further business to conduct. I am a fairly reclusive person, J new this, and would have not contacted me for a general chit-chat about ISP's, i found this to be odd, but also the nervousness of his voice, it was weird. I sometimes do get tech support type calls (mainly from clients that are still current--not mates Im doing a job pro-bono for), and they are for specific problems, not general discourse on ISP pricing.

What exactly was "J's" predicament after the 2000 car accident? Was he disabled? Was he working? What more can you tell us about "J"?

He was on disability, tho he could walk he did have restricted movement. No, he was not working full time, he was working (unpaid) for an NPO. He was a qualified journalist, worked for a few different publications prior to his accident. He was un-married, had no children. Dont know what else to say.

also, his name is Jay, so there is no need to put J in quotes--save ya some typing!

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

Jay was probably back on the stuff and the man with the camera was an undercover cop.

Or

Man with camera was a claims adjuster looking for info on Jay because Jay was about to get an insurance settlement check for the wreck in early 2000. Jay probably listed your place as a possible contact place. Jay then got the insurance check and used it to buy the stuff he od'ed on.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join