It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Not Read This Thread ...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

You see lots of characters die in the dream.
You see appearances (births) and disappearances (deaths) but you did not see your birth (appearance).
What you are has always been. It neither appears nor disappears.

edit on 4-6-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

Characters? No. They were real people, beings, entities; who were once there and now they're gone. This stuff is self-evident.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Just woke up and read all the replies - Wow the moon was amazing last night - so bright and mesmorising.

Thanks everyone for contributing and revealing a part of your Self,

Thanks to the harsh and critical posts also (you can not have yin without yang)

To Itsnowagain, I totally get what you are trying to say. You are just trying to express in words, concepts that transcend the english language. I have confused many people in my time with metaphysical riddles. Now I just say to people that the language of Spirit is felt no heard - get out of your head and in to your heart !

Peace Out

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by taccj9903

Hope is what stands in the way of awakening. Hope says tomorrow it might be better. Only now Is and hope takes you away from now.
All there is; is This. No next! No more! This is It!
Asension is acending the false belief of time.

youtu.be...
edit on 4-6-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

I would love to be that way, but trust me, tomorrow will come, and we all know this. And there will be bills to pay, and work to go to, and food to eat and so on and so on. I try for a long time to understand this, and became quite disappointed about all this awareness, and "now" theory. Ok, I'm aware, I'm sitting in front of the computer, I write, I'm slightly angry (not with this post) and bored. So? Nothing happens. Then there is be another now, and another one, and so on, and I'm still writing, and angry, and I wait and it becomes quite boring. What does it solve being aware at all this? Is me being aware of this moment that will stop all the rest of the moments to come? How does it really work?
I agree, there is no actually yesterday, or tomorrow, just a continous flow of now, or moments. And I know that at a specific now, tomorrow, or later tonight, I'll be hungry and have to eat. There's no food in the fridge. Because I think about tomorrow, I have a chance to go buy some food before is too late and all the stores are closed. Now playing dumb and thinking that all that is is now, and not worrying about the food of tomorrow, will leave me hungry and not very happy. And there will be a lot of now of hunger, until I'll stop looking at the now and do something about food. Or does the hunger disappears too when you are aware of it? From my experience, it only grows stronger. How you broke from the contemplation of now and get to action?

It's just a very simplified example, but this is, mostly, why we think about future. Because we want it to be better or at least not worse than now, especially when now is not very appealing. Because now is already here and you can change nothing about it. If every now would be something new and fresh every time, maybe we would be captivated by it. But it's repetitive. We learn very fast that the hunger that bothered me today will inevitably come again tomorrow, so we do our best to meet that moment prepared, and suffer as less as possible. The hit that caused me pain today, will cause the same pain next time, so I better to something for the next time. And yes, next time is future.

I am very aware and concentrated when I work; my kind of work demands a high level of attention. And I can tell you, when I work I am in the now 100%; why I don't ascend already? Why I feel drained after all that awareness?

I tried this trick with awareness many times but it didn't work for me. I didn't ascended, I didn't felt any kind of peace or extra compassion, just a little bit stupid; and I had to face the same life, with the same problems. Nothing changed. Make me thinks that reality is the same whether you aware of it or not. And all this "wonders of now" is a way for some people to ignore everything else and be as irresponsible as they can get. Of course, if one doesn't about care about tomorrow, all one have is now, and maybe is enjoyable. But what about that now when something bad happens? Still blissful and spiritual, or the person will want to evade it as fast as possible into another now? Isn't this what we all do, trying to evade into a better now, imaginary or real?

Rereading your post, I don't know if hope stands in the way of awakening, but I tell you that if I'd have no hope for a better tomorrow, I would prefer to die right now, because there will be no point in going on. My now really sucks right now, (pun intended) and if not a hope of improvement, why should I wake up tomorrow to the same crap I already had today and didn't like it? Why prolong this painful now, if there is no hope for a change?

Sorry if my post is a bit rough, I'm only looking for some answer to my own failures, and your posts came along just in time. No disrespect intended, and if you can answer logically to my questions, I'll appreciate. But if you want to bring some faith or some god into this, I'm out of here in no time, because I tell you right now, I have no trace of faith in me and don't intend to argue over it, or to doubt someone else' faith either.

Edit: every moment, every now, is dependent and caused by the previous one, and will condition and make possible the next moment. It's a flow that never stops, like an endless chain. Why we should treat every chain individually, like is the last one, or the most important one? I find that very tiring, not peaceful.
edit on 4-6-2012 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by EncompassAll

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
I personally can't wait until you ascension folk turn into spirit and vacate the earth. I could use the peace and quiet.

You cant turn in to spirit, you already are spirit. As for the peace and quiet you seek. You can have it any-time you want.

Yep! I totally agree. Peace can easily be found in the Right Brain, just go there, it's easy to do. And as for being a Spirit, anyone who doesn't know that is in for some surprises.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

That's easy to do in a society programmed to be entirely left-brained...after all, money runs machines, love doesn't. And every part of the government, and everything run by the government, is a machine. But no one has ever answered my ten trillion dollar question: what is the ultimate goal, the ultimate endgame, of our world leaders? Where exactly are they taking this world? What are their great and marvelous plans for Homo Sapiens?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by nimbinned
Just woke up and read all the replies - Wow the moon was amazing last night - so bright and mesmorising.

Thanks everyone for contributing and revealing a part of your Self,

Thanks to the harsh and critical posts also (you can not have yin without yang)

To Itsnowagain, I totally get what you are trying to say. You are just trying to express in words, concepts that transcend the english language. I have confused many people in my time with metaphysical riddles. Now I just say to people that the language of Spirit is felt no heard - get out of your head and in to your heart !

Peace Out

I read your warning at the beginning about death. As soon as I saw that I was intrigued. I knew what the topic was about. I died once already.
I wasn't ready, and re-submersed my self into addictions and fear on purpose. The pain of freedom was high. I didn't like the responsibility. I felt like a ghost in a world of the living.

Isn't it beautiful? The Peace of One?
I cannot comment more. I cannot spread truth with words. I AM.

I am ready now. It is time.
As to the list of goodies to fix. I have been sober for 3 days. Alcohol was my mistress.

It's in my signature... I wrote it the first time round..

It's slightly coded in a way, but it can be taken literally for almost the same meaning.

Love you guys.

~Dusty
edit on 6/4/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

There is no 'now'. Now is always the past, and the future is always now. And since the future relies upon variables too numerous for us to comprehend, the past is the only thing set in stone.

It's just too bad so few choose to learn from the past. After all, did you really think if you did that stupid thing again, it would turn out differently?

Everyone wants to do the dumb thing in a smarter way. When is enough enough?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

reply to post by EncompassAll

If I was to drop dead right now. The world would continue for everyone else. I, as a dead man, would be unable to experience it. If the world was in me, as you say, it would perish when I become non-existent. But we know it continues on with or without me. This is because reality is external. How can you deny this?

Think about this. What makes you think that what your experiencing now is real? Just think about it properly for a while and you might get the answer your looking for. I get sick of explaining the same thing to people over and over. Because they just react to what you say instead of taking it in and understanding it. How can the world be happening outside you when you are the sum of whats happening inside your brain?

Because of this the real world is,nt out there as you put it. The real world is happening within. Anything and everything else is just part of your dream.

edit on 4-6-2012 by EncompassAll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

goodbye.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

reply to post by EncompassAll

If I was to drop dead right now. The world would continue for everyone else. I, as a dead man, would be unable to experience it. If the world was in me, as you say, it would perish when I become non-existent. But we know it continues on with or without me. This is because reality is external. How can you deny this?

Think about this. What makes you think that what your experiencing now is real? Just think about it properly for a while and you might get the answer your looking for.

I've thought about it much, obviously longer than you have. It's because my brain cannot see without my eyes; because my brain cannot feel without the skin; my brain cannot smell something without the nose. My eyes cannot see anything if there's nothing to see; my nose cannot smell something without a scent. Are my eyes a trick of the brain? Are senses themselves a trick of the mind? Wouldn't your brain itself be a trick of the mind? I'm not sure how its so easy for you to come to your conclusions.

I get sick of explaining the same thing to people over and over. Because they just react to what you say instead of taking it in and understanding it. How can the world be happening outside you when you are the sum of whats happening inside your brain?

Simply because you're not the sum of whats happening inside your brain. Without everything else you'd be nothing.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Because of this the real world is,nt out there as you put it. The real world is happening within. Anything and everything else is just part of your dream.

Really? So you are not a real person, just part of someone else dream? Somebody else is dreaming his life, and yours and mine? Then we better hope he sleeps for a long time....
So what then is real?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteHat

Whatever your senses and conciousness tell you is so. Im not a part in someone elses dream. We are all part of the same dream. Your as real as i am, yet i am only as real as i accept i am.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I've thought about it much, obviously longer than you have. It's because my brain cannot see without my eyes; because my brain cannot feel without the skin; my brain cannot smell something without the nose. My eyes cannot see anything if there's nothing to see; my nose cannot smell something without a scent. Are my eyes a trick of the brain? Are senses themselves a trick of the mind? Wouldn't your brain itself be a trick of the mind? I'm not sure how its so easy for you to come to your conclusions.

Exactly, so your reality is what your consciousness accepts as real based on what your brain picks up from your senses. Meaning that its your brain itself which forms your reality and projects it to your conciousness.So your seeing the world from within yourself. Hence the real world is within you not out there.

Let me put it another way. Consciousness is the only thing thats certain. Without conciousness theres nothing. Without it all your senses would still work and your brain would still pick up the signals. Yet you would have no concept of reality.
So you only see what your conciousness reflects from within. Reality is simply what you reflect in your consciousness

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
OK I DIDN'T.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
My biggest set back, is hadephobia. A constant tormenting fear of hell. I know that all of my other issues have it's roots in this, as all fear has it's roots in condemnation of some sort.

I had an experience at 17 that really woke me up. It was as if the reset button to my soul was pressed. I won't go into to much detail about how it happened exactly, but I will say that it was an enlightening experience that totally transformed me as a human.

I experienced ego death. And something else happened, I don't really know or have the terminology for what happened (may have even tied in with the ego death) Prior to this event I was completely apathetic toward life it's self, I lived for pleasure and to destroy myself. But all of a sudden I came to the realization that I was wasting my life away. Repressed memories came to up. Lies that I had believed were exposed. I had compassion toward myself in that moment. I had hope for the first time. I stared out my bedroom window as it all soaked in. I experienced an intense love for humanity that I'd never felt before. This love was almost not of this world! I thought of everyone in the entire world, men, women, children, of all kinds! Even murderers and abusers! I cried with compassion for these people. . for the world. Because in that moment, throughout every element of my being I understood one fact, and that is that we are all products of what has been done to us. But I understood it in a way that transcends words. I could see outside of myself.

All of this at once was a little to much for my mind to handle. For that reason as well as other biological factors, I descended into a severe psychotic break. My sub-conscience submerged with my conscience and every irrational fear I ever had came alive. . became my reality. My religious parents thought that all of the behavior I was displaying was 100% spiritual, so the groups of charismatics coming to my house, surrounding me and screaming at me in tongues was very damaging to me. I wasn't hospitalized for about a week and a half and nearly died of exhaustion. If you ever read about failed "exorcisms" resulting in death, the victims likely experienced what I did. I'm lucky to be alive. That experience was the closest I could imagine getting to hell on earth.

After coming to, I found God, as many people who experience breaks like this do. I've also heard that many of those who suffer from hadephobia have had a life experience that they have likened to hell.

Since then I've continued to seek Yahweh. There's no way I could deprogram myself from my beliefs. I've witnessed and experienced supernatural things that are personal proof to me that the God of the bible is real and alive. I attend a non-denominational church (the way that church was meant to be). They teach grace, and freedom from shame and guilt, which should help me but it doesn't.

My fear of hell has caused me to be very bitter, timid, paranoid, and some days I have no will to live because of it. I already live in despair, and hell on earth because of this tormenting fear. I would have liked to have built myself up in a better way after the death of my ego, but unfortunately I'm stuck in this pit. Well, I've said it. It's something that I don't like to talk about. Sorry it got so lengthy. Glad to get that off my chest.

edit on 4-6-2012 by RightInTwo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by nimbinned

@ Title: When someone tells me not to do something, I usually earnestly chew it over before I decide to do it anyway.

Thank you for the thread, always good to put out there. You simplified it very well, used all the right words...

I won't bother scrutinizing the OP as I do very much appreciate the message.

Jadedness is also a very damning psychosis, and I believe that next to rudeness; it has become an epidemic.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Is this a new age backscratchers thread ? By God you hippies say some wierd things . Like someone above said , or didnt say ,"See ya"

Jaded? Oh dear

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Exactly, so your reality is what your consciousness accepts as real based on what your brain picks up from your senses. Meaning that its your brain itself which forms your reality and projects it to your conciousness.So your seeing the world from within yourself. Hence the real world is within you not out there.

Let me put it another way. Consciousness is the only thing thats certain. Without conciousness theres nothing. Without it all your senses would still work and your brain would still pick up the signals. Yet you would have no concept of reality.
So you only see what your conciousness reflects from within. Reality is simply what you reflect in your consciousness

Yes, but then there is your consciousness and my consciousness, which are quite apart and different, if you agree. What my consciousness experience or reflect right now is not what your consciousness experience. So they are different. They are two separate things, existing independent of each other, otherwise when one of us die, the rest of us would die too. So for my consciousness, whatever you are and experience is a reality independent and outside of me. You existed long before I was aware of you, and will also exist long after I will totally forget about you, you are the living proof of this. For what you say to be true would mean that you just materialized out of the thin air when my consciousness became aware of you.

So your theory applies at the level of individual reality. Yes, we translate reality according to our individual inborn perceptions. Yet it doesn't work at the level of whole reality, if you understand what I mean. Even if all the material world is an illusion, and we only dream it, there are still 6 billion consciousness out there that must be real, isn't it? It was my question earlier, remember? So either only you are real, and the rest of us are your dream....lol, or all of us are real, and we are the external reality for you. And it's funny how we all dream the same material reality.
Maybe what I'm looking at right now is a dog, or maybe my vision is faulty and that is a horse, or maybe an alien. But there is something out there because it interacts with me, and I can interact with it. And me not seeing it properly it doesn't mean it doesn't exists at all. So whatever it is out there, I call it external reality, and I'm afraid that it exists no matter how much we play with words here, and is going to stay that way

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

How can you trust your own thought if you think its an illusion? Your idea of consciousness would also be an illusion. How does that make it in any way certain?

By thinking this, you're doing a great injustice to your own body. Without it, your consciousness doesn't exist.

Tell me how a consciousness can exist without the physical world. First of all: where would it exist? Second: how could it sustain itself without a brain?

Answer these convincingly, and I will concede defeat.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by nimbinned

I have skipped alot of the inner content of this thread after OP's post, as all I would like to say to OP is THANK YOU.

There is alot wrong around us, I think we can all agree. There is often alot within us that leaves us thinking that things are wrong with us, too. I know I was plauged for a very long time by these feelings, and by the age of 19, I was honestly miserable.

Then one day, a friend who now I understand as a lightworker in the loose sense of the word opened my mind, and my heart. Another faceless story to be overlooked, perhaps, but the experience is one that I will never forget. Perhaps it was because of the fragility of my self at the time that left me just yearning for answers - but the fact was that I was ready to listen to what he had to say; and most importantly, hear it.

You cannot learn, if you do not want to. Children can be shown a book, and read it, but that does not mean they will come away with the knowlege it holds.

It saddens me, that so many people in this world are too intertwined in their surroundings to hold that yearning for truth, light, or what have you... It has no name. It is not their fault.

But I do know plenty, those with kind heart, empathetic ears, and truth of word that will be alright when the time comes. For some, the shift will take place when they are ready, and for others the shift will happen then the time comes. This is what I believe to be the light within us.

Ramblings of one who perhaps shares OP's opinion... And shares his understanding that the words of his and my own are just words - but their meaning has to be understood before their power can be realized.

My Love to all.

PLUR. -d
edit on 4-6-2012 by derpest because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join