It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Not Read This Thread ...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

I have already told you there is no 'after'.
All there is; is this.
You will never escape 'this'.
'This' always looks different but what is looking/seeing the changes - never changes, never disappears.

Appearances appear and disappear in the space of knowing.
Knowing is all and you are that.

What you really are never began and will never end. You will see beginnings and ending of all appearances but you are not an appearance - you are the viewer, the observer, the witness, the seer and knower.
Know thyself.
edit on 4-6-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Great post! I have burned away much of the negatives, I think. My addictions no longer own me. My hatred has evaporated and I kind of *miss* those who have wronged me, and wish them well. My last real obstacle is ego-centered I think. I made a whole record last year for the first time in 18 years and I think 66 people listened to it. Sans souci, as my brother John, would say. I am *almost* ready to let that go as well.
edit on 4-6-2012 by 0zzymand0s because: Edit: Added that *almost* Haha.

edit on 4-6-2012 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Toxic people suck. But so do pollyannas. Both are annoying but for different reasons. Toxic people suck the life out of you. Pollyannas refuse to see the truth of the state of people and the state of the world. Thinking happy thoughts about unicorns and rainbows can be helpful at certain times, but it isn't going to change the course of things out of our control - like when a Hitler comes along, etc etc.

Reality ... if only everyone saw reality ...

Hell is other people. Jean-Paul Sartre.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

Nothing needs to be let go of except your belief in time and space.
Let now/this be all there is, no next, no more. This is complete.

Only a mind says there is more.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Go ahead and beat me up for what I'm about to say, I really don't care as it is what I believe.

I already died and was reborn when I accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as my personal savior. It completely changed my life and gave me a new outlook as though I was reborn.

I'm not discrediting what you're saying OP, just sharing my belief as to being reborn.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by albertabound

Great signature

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by nimbinned

Good post.

The biggest difference between you and people like DeadSnow are the words you use to get your point across. You're both saying essentially the same thing, just in different ways. You're more the new age "harmonic balance" type while he's Larry the Cable Guy. "Git er done"!!!!

What DeadSnow fails to realize that if people want to change the world they have to start with themselves first. Maybe they don't want to change the world, but if enough people do the things that you suggest, it can happen. Once you change what's inside, your points of view, everything else on the outside will fall into place. That's what "Man in the Mirror" by Micheal Jackson was about.

Until people turn around and change their lives for the better, they have no business saying what it's all about IMO. You seem to know this while people like DeadSnow don't. What you need to realize though is that you won't get your message across by wording it the way that you are. Don't let the message get lost in the method. (MLK) Take it as constructive criticism friend.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Booked, subscribed, shotgun. Thanks for posting OP
2nd line

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by EncompassAll

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
I personally can't wait until you ascension folk turn into spirit and vacate the earth. I could use the peace and quiet.

You cant turn in to spirit, you already are spirit. As for the peace and quiet you seek. You can have it anytime you want.
edit on 4-6-2012 by EncompassAll because: (no reason given)

How am I a spirit? I am still alive. As you preach death or ascension, there's a real world happening out there.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Your life must be really hard when so little people understand what you are pointing at. And yet you do such a great effort... That's really something.

I admire your determination but i guess it's a burden from time to time.

Anyways, thank you for being you...

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Oh, hey! Look at that... another thread about positive vibrations and enlightenment. Because ATS doesn't already have a thousand other new-age hype-threads about "quantum woo," and the power of positive thinking. Although, the immediate action of condemning the mind was an interesting bit.

Have you ever considered what kind of life you would live without cognitive function? If, as this thread preaches, you were truly able to disconnect from your mental faculties—erasing personality, consciousness, higher mental functioning, and cognition—then you would be a vegetable. No thought, no movement, no personality or individuality. You would be nothing.

And, as a real kicker, you wouldn't be able to pursue the mental gymnastics required to "seek enlightenment." Have fun with that.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Beautiful post, really...forget about all the trolls saying the contrary.

However, to turn from resentment to acceptance, from hate to love, etc...takes considerable inner work.

Easier said than done.

If people found the time, the motivation, the willingness, to look inside themselves..before reacting negatively to any situation, then, maybe things could be different.

I like the idea that we create our reality and thus attract both `good` and `bad` experiences into our lives.

How we respond to any give situation is totally in line with the extent of our inner growth.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I personally can't wait until you ascension folk turn into spirit and vacate the earth. I could use the peace and quiet.

You cant turn in to spirit, you already are spirit. As for the peace and quiet you seek. You can have it anytime you want.

How am I a spirit? I am still alive. As you preach death or ascension, there's a real world happening out there.

Without spirit as you call it, you would not be alive. Im not preaching about anything its the OP thats dealing with ascension. The real world is,nt happening out there its happening in you.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nimbinned

I thought recruitment wasn't allowed...?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Without spirit as you call it, you would not be alive. Im not preaching about anything its the OP thats dealing with ascension. The real world is,nt happening out there its happening in you.

The real world is happening out there, and it will continue to do so after you die. We know this because hundreds of millions of people die every year, yet everything seems to continue on. It's not happening inside me at all. What would we need organs for if everything was already happening inside?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

You see lots of characters die in the dream.
You see appearances (births) and disappearances (deaths) but you did not see your birth (appearance).
What you are has always been. It neither appears nor disappears.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

The real world is happening out there, and it will continue to do so after you die. We know this because hundreds of millions of people die every year, yet everything seems to continue on. It's not happening inside me at all. What would we need organs for if everything was already happening inside?

The world wont continue after i die. The world wont continue after you die. From our perspective thats it. Your the product of your senses. Thats what gives you your perception of reality. Without those senses this "reality" or "real world" ceases to exist as we have experienced it and we,lln truely experience it as it is.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by KnightFire

Awesome! I think if more Christians shared their personal truth like this -- with humility -- it would be easier for others to understand and appreciate. It does nothing for my personal reality or truth to slam you over yours, after all.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe
Oh, hey! Look at that... another thread about positive vibrations and enlightenment. Because ATS doesn't already have a thousand other new-age hype-threads about "quantum woo," and the power of positive thinking. Although, the immediate action of condemning the mind was an interesting bit.

Have you ever considered what kind of life you would live without cognitive function? If, as this thread preaches, you were truly able to disconnect from your mental faculties—erasing personality, consciousness, higher mental functioning, and cognition—then you would be a vegetable. No thought, no movement, no personality or individuality. You would be nothing.

And, as a real kicker, you wouldn't be able to pursue the mental gymnastics required to "seek enlightenment." Have fun with that.

~ Wandering Scribe

This post has some truth in it. I actively began my spiritual journey last year when I was 18. Being so young, inexperienced and full of excitement for the realm of the unknown, I started going through all the new age stuff and blindly believing in it. To make a long story short, IMHO if you try to quiet the mind and dominate it instead of working as one, I believe you start walking the wrong path towards delusions.

To OP: thank you for sharing this.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by EncompassAll

If I was to drop dead right now. The world would continue for everyone else. I, as a dead man, would be unable to experience it. If the world was in me, as you say, it would perish when I become non-existent. But we know it continues on with or without me. This is because reality is external. How can you deny this?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join