It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nephilim

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
People have posted on this subject before, and I would like to re open it for discussion. Just recently I have been doing research into "The Nephilim". Finding a good hand full of different views and opinions. Some believe "they" in today's age are Aliens. Some say Mermaids/MerPeople, and or Sasquatch. On that note, I remember reading somewhere hat "The Nephilim" were masters of "Genetic Morphing of there DNA" or something to that affect.. Interesting keys to think about..

But as a Christian, who is also a Scientist, my brain cant believe those things. I look for a more logical explanation.

Lots of people don't believe the great flood covered the whole earth. Lots of people don't believe "The Nephilim" were "wiped off the earth". I cant help but wonder if there DNA are still in some. Maybe "The Nephilim" were Dark in color, and over thousands of thousands of years they are now Black folk, (Africans).. what have you..

Then again I have seen freakishly tall people from most major populated parts of the world. In that case, maybe "The Nephilim" are in all of our DNA. And because of the time since there prime on earth, it only surfaces every once and a great while.

I'm really more interested in seeing what you people think about all this. Pls be kind, and no bashing!
edit on 06/04/12 ? by SickeningTruths because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Without a doubt the best video I have seen regarding the this subject was a conference from Patrick Heron, it's a 10 part abstract from youtube but once you watch one you can't help but watch the rest, truly amazing stuff. Here is the first video

youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Mickles

I will watch them all!!

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SickeningTruths
I cant help but wonder if there DNA are still in some. Maybe "The Nephilim" were Dark in color, and over thousands of thousands of years they are now Black folk, (Africans).. what have you..

Really? Pretty sure your referring to pigmentation with the use of "black folk". Which is entirely based upon sun exposure. Hence northern people are more white, southern people are darker.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SickeningTruths

I am a Christian that has studied this phenomena in both biblical and extra-biblical manuscripts...
...here is a primer from Hebrew scholar Michael Heiser...

www.michaelsheiser.com...

edit on 4/6/12 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

But as a Christian, who is also a Scientist, my brain cant believe those things. I look for a more logical explanation.

you cannot let your religion to influence your scientific point of view, otherwise your research is bound to be flawed.
and please learn english, 'there' is not the same as 'their' (sorry, but mistakes like that, often made by native english speakers - while i'm not even one - for me make the post look like it's written by a 10yo).
edit on 4-6-2012 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I think the Nephilim were just another race of beings. They were bigger than us. It isn't that hard to believe in them, there are skulls all over the place with elongated heads and big. If you believe in the bible you must believe in them. It's easier to believe in nephilim existing than in other parts of the bible.

The Flood did happen but I don't think it was global. It may have appeared to be to the people living those days. I think that there was a release of groundwater coupled with a whole lot of other things at one time long ago.

I don't think the Nephilim were extraterrestrial myself, Just another form of Human like beings. I think they were very intelligent though. If their skeletons were verified than science would lose some of their reputation and the Bible would gain. Don't count on science acknowledging their existence anytime soon.
edit on 4-6-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I think you may find these postulations interesting:

The Bible on Modern Hybrids- The Nephilim

If "They" Are Assumed to Be Fallen Angels

The first one is not a short read, but definitely worth your time to garner a new perspective.

I learned a lot from the first one, but the second one I linked was quite thought provoking and well presented.
edit on 4-6-2012 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

these two links address everything being discussed in this thread, btw, just in case someone wants to actually read them
edit on 4-6-2012 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedi_hamster

you cannot let your religion to influence your scientific point of view, otherwise your research is bound to be flawed.
and please learn english, 'there' is not the same as 'their' (sorry, but mistakes like that, often made by native english speakers - while i'm not even one - for me make the post look like it's written by a 10yo).

Regarding the first sentence in your post, I couldn't agree more.
However, if you are going to hammer a fellow ATSer about their spelling you might want to work on your own punctuation and grammar.

Regarding the OP. If God went to all the trouble to miraculously cause the Noachian deluge in order to wipe out all the wickedness from the earth, why would He allow any of the Nephilim or their bloodlines to survive? It would seem to be a complete waste of time and effort. I don't think we need to look to the Nephilim to explain the genetic diversity we see today.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Funny because "Nephelum" is the name the demons in Diablo give to humans. Diablo 3 is so fun

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Height isn't the only indicator of Nephilim DNA. Other traits reoccur without the height being present. Six fingers and six toes, and remnants of an extra set of teeth behind the first row.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

In that case, maybe "The Nephilim" are in all of our DNA. And because of the time since there prime on earth, it only surfaces every once and a great while.

Sounds logical to 1

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedi_hamster

What a pleb head ! please all ATS look at all jedihamster posts on a dis credit mission for sure, dark alley m8 dark alley.....

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Here is a link from a thread on Bucegi mountain mystery that talks about giants and show evidence of large skeletons.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Until we reach the point where we have concrete evidence it's all conjecture. Hopefully as time goes on archeologists will unearth artifacts proving all this is true.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

According to the HolyBible and UFO lore...I am a hybrid.
I carry a gene for producing 6 fingers and toes and I'm rh-.
I do not have 6 fingers and toes,I just carry the gene.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SickeningTruths

I think this is a good link for everyone to check out.

A jawbone supposedly from Lovelock cave in Nevada.

This guy even mentions a few museums there that display artifacts. So dig in people.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
Height isn't the only indicator of Nephilim DNA. Other traits reoccur without the height being present. Six fingers and six toes, and remnants of an extra set of teeth behind the first row.

That is very interesting.. I have not heard this before. But I have not done MUCH research.

Originally posted by Renegade2283

I cant help but wonder if there DNA are still in some. Maybe "The Nephilim" were Dark in color, and over thousands of thousands of years they are now Black folk, (Africans).. what have you..

Really? Pretty sure your referring to pigmentation with the use of "black folk". Which is entirely based upon sun exposure. Hence northern people are more white, southern people are darker.

I see your point, but my point with this was.. On average, black people are geneticly bigger then most. Then again so are Samoans. I'm not trying to "sell" any ideas here,
I'm only trying to throw more ideas into the thought pool.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

You don't have any extra teeth, do you?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

I'm pure human O+ blood. I wonder of modern day people afflicted with "giantism" could have nephilim DNA in them? I saw a pic of a woman that was 9 feet tall, the adult woman she was walking next to looked like a 9 year old in height compared to her.

Could these women have nephilim or rephaim DNA in them? Possible.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join