It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Aurora / LRSA /B3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Well after a long time away from posting, but still looking back every so often to see what is goin on i have come back to perhaps settle a long time question.

Having done a fair amount of research into black airplanes, and produced a fairly large document on black airplanes, with many images and patent info etc i came accross this. Its the LRSA - Long Range Strike Aircraft. Yes i know the Aurora has always been linked recon. it looks a lot like many of the concept images of the Aurora.

If you scroll to the bottom of this site you will see a picture of it. www.afrlhorizons.com...

Also there is the B-3 Bomber which has been linked with the aurora in terms of looks.

If you do a search on google you will find more info on both planes and you will be able to see that they look very much like the aurora. There is a lot more info on the B3 though a lot of it is pretty much the same.

[edit on 3-10-2004 by The Scottish Investigator]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 02:47 AM
link   
It about looks like an artist concept I seen in a magazine Lockheed- Skunkworks are suppose to be developing, but I can't find anything on the net about it.

Here's one I was about to post on another thread when I seen your thread. It's the A17 otherwise known as the switchblade.

I don't know what it is about this link? Sometimes the picture will come up and other times it won't! If it doesn't come up, here's the link:

www.angelfire.com...

[edit on 5/10/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I have spent years studing Black aircraft and strategic bombers. Hopefully I can add something meaningful to this discussion. I will start with some background. The B-3 is supposed to be the newest stategic bomber, and will allow the USAF to eventually retire the B-52. The US bomber fleet has always relied on a three aircraft strategy. There is a primary penetrator, that is used to engage the air defenses and critical command targets. The second aircraft is provides the main striking power and the third aircraft usually takes over as the workhorse bomber and cruise missile platform. Let's see what the LRSA/B-3 turns into. I've been trying to keep an eye on this program for a few years now. I bet the Prime Contractor will be one of two companies: Northrop Grumman or Lockheed Martin

Personally I think the Best choice would be to have the B-3 Co-developed by Northrop Grumman's Advanced Systems Division and Lockheed's Skunk Works!

While not currently a "Black" program, the B-3 is Special Access. This means that you need a special clearance to get access to information about the aircraft. In other Words "Look but Don't Touch!" this Could change as it develops. (Remember: the XST A.K.A. Have Blue wasn't a Black Project when it first started, It only went Black after Lockheed won the contract)

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Intelearthling that is the pic i tried to put up but wudnt work so gave the link.

What i forgot to say was that last year i think it was Lockheed released a photo showing their new tanker aircraft (forget the name just now) and in the top corner was a large black flying triangle. It appeared in Aircraft Illustrated along with some newspapers and many aviation magazines. I have the photo on ma other pc so ill try get it and post it here. It is not a fake either. The plane actually looked a lot like the LRSA concept. If i get the photo or someone else does you will see what i am on about.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I wouldnt count out the Boeing Phantom Works, its looking to be a real competitor for black programs.

unless the B-3 is going to be based on another airframe, I think that we should instead work on enlarging and improving the B-2, because it is available now and not in a decade.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   

roniii259
I think that we should instead work on enlarging and improving the B-2, because it is available now and not in a decade.

The B-2 is a sub-sonic aircraft. Which isn't good for a future bomber, I believe that the B-3 allready exist and it looks ALOT like the picture posted above, Because it doesn't seem to complex, it probably has the same engines and thrust vectoring capabilities as the Raptor. A stealthy bomber that can supercruise at mach 2 would out perform any bomber we have in our inventory, I believe that skunkworks has allready built some, but they will be kept black for some time to come.

[edit on 4-10-2004 by Murcielago]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Scottish Investigator
Intelearthling that is the pic i tried to put up but wudnt work so gave the link.

Here's the link:

www.angelfire.com...

and here's the url for the picture:

www.angelfire.com...

I'm finding a lot more information on this aircraft than in the past! It may be a sign that the government may soon release official photos of this 'mysterious' aircraft. Maybe the success of Spaceship One may have something to do with it.
Just speculation.

P.S. Are you talking about the top or bottom picture?

Is this the picture on your other PC?

It's funny? The url has it for ATS!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 4/10/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Here's a sketch similar to the aircraft in the link you posted, Scottish Investigator, but I'm still looking for an artist's concept of an X-plane that is supposed to be under development.

This aircraft I'm talking about is similar in shape, but it's going to utilize wing-warping technology using metals w/ memory and scale-like surface controls using an array of actuators.

Anyone seen or read about anything like this?

Click here for the link.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Intelearthling - I wouldn't tie that picture in with the B-3 or the Aurora. To me it resembles the supposed "Pumpkin Seed" craft, which uses exotic propulsion (not anti-gravity).

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Hey whats that movie from like 10 years ago where that kid flies around in a spaceship and it changes shapes and stuff. That was a great movie. Looks like that thing.

I've seen that Lockhead picture before and it's definately intriguing, but let me assure you that there is not a chance in hell that they accidentally put a picture of a black project aircraft in there. I also remember reading, and probably here, that someone photoshoped that in and that isn't the original picture from their website. I'm sure most of you are seeing a reoccuring theme with aircraft that look like that, dates back to pre 1st gen stealth being unveiled, between the Testors models and the MicroMachine stealth plane, which btw can land on a aircraft carrier because I performed the maneuver hundreds of times, of course after making lots of donuts on a rope all over the living room.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Scottish Investigator and Murcielago

Have you seen this video clip? It's computer animation but I think it's cool. It really looks cool full screen.

robocat.users.btopenworld.com...

Oh! Murcielago. I wasn't trying to tie it in with the Aurora. Just trying to find a pic. Seen something similar in a magazine last year and can't find the picture nowhere yet.

BTW, great pic.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

Is this the picture on your other PC?

yeah that is the picture.

Ill take this opportunity to point out that there is a video out there that shows two A-17s of a very similar shape to the one on the A-17 page of this site. Also there is a still from that video. I dont know if it is on here, but it was on Steve Douglass' site, though that has been down for a while now. The url was www.projectblack.net

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ghost
I have spent years studing Black aircraft and strategic bombers. Hopefully I can add something meaningful to this discussion. I will start with some background. The B-3 is supposed to be the newest stategic bomber, and will allow the USAF to eventually retire the B-52. The US bomber fleet has always relied on a three aircraft strategy. There is a primary penetrator, that is used to engage the air defenses and critical command targets. The second aircraft is provides the main striking power and the third aircraft usually takes over as the workhorse bomber and cruise missile platform. Let's see what the LRSA/B-3 turns into. I've been trying to keep an eye on this program for a few years now. I bet the Prime Contractor will be one of two companies: Northrop Grumman or Lockheed Martin

Personally I think the Best choice would be to have the B-3 Co-developed by Northrop Grumman's Advanced Systems Division and Lockheed's Skunk Works!

While not currently a "Black" program, the B-3 is Special Access. This means that you need a special clearance to get access to information about the aircraft. In other Words "Look but Don't Touch!" this Could change as it develops. (Remember: the XST A.K.A. Have Blue wasn't a Black Project when it first started, It only went Black after Lockheed won the contract)

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

The USAF decided on a subsonic flying wing configuration for its next generation strategic bomber on the eve of George W. Bush's last final year in office, and in 2015 Northrop Grumman was chosen to build the new-generation flying wing bomber, which has been designated B-21 and christened Raider. It seems odd that the Raider would be designated B-21 rather than B-3 because the latter design number would have been more appropriate chronology-wise.

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 04:01 AM
link   
B21 is smaller and has a different mission to the B2 so B21 is better than B3.Probably they have a new platform in the future that will replace the B2 mission wise.

new topics

top topics

join