It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with Daihatsu Terios brakes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
if the brakes were down to the metal and all you did was replace the pads and shoes thats your problem right there. 100% sure. if it was down to the metal then the metal backing and/or the wear indicators were digging into the rotors making little groves that would matched the newly created grooves in the pads. when you put new pads on theyre riding over the grooves and thats whats happening.
if they were that bad i wouldnt even turn them. i would get new rotors for the front and prob can get away with turning the drums. that will fix it.
those rotors are probably chopped up. if the fronts were that bad that put extra force on the back so those drums are probably all warped out too.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: 74Templar

Hi, I know the thread is a bit old, but I have a '99 Terios with exactly the same noise and vibration under the same circumstances while driving, EXCEPT the brakes were not touched in any way before hand, and have checked out fine on inspection since (which brings me here).

Did you ever actually resolve the reason for the noise/vibration ?
I'm actually wondering if it's braking torque forces on a worn suspension joint or pivot on the rear...

new topics

<< 1   >>

join