It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lake Vostok they were about to break through then......silence?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I think they are to return back in summer which is October or November for them.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

They just recently arrived back at St.Petersburg port
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecretKnowledge

Originally posted by Nightchild
Apart from the potential viril issue, another nonconfirmed claim also went that there was "Something" lurking in the lake, that, it was claimed, snatched one of the divers, that appaently(According to the story) shouted to the staff on land, that; "It's horrible! This thing is huge!- I don't got a chance!" and, "Don't come down here!!" before he screamed and the communication was lost.

Could be a pure urban legend, but that is how the story goes.

couldnt you at least put up a link to wherever you got this from???
where did you read the story?

I have tried to relocate the source where I read it but have unfortunately o far snot found it.
It was not some tabloid or the like, but a page that simply mentioned theories, Urban Legends and mysteries about Antarctica and, Lake Vostok.

However I will notify if I find the source again.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by cookiemonster32

its winter there and they have stopped work. that is all.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

I noticed, just yesterday, that several locations in antartica had tempature readings of 90 below zero F....I suppose that might put a halt to the project for a bit

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
The Russian scientists plan to send an underwater robot into the lake December 2012-2013. This was all pending an International scientific review board's approval that should have taken place May 2012.

The possible release of pressure on the lake is what concerns me.

Lake Vostok is an oligotrophic extreme environment, one that is expected to be supersaturated with nitrogen and oxygen,[34][35] measuring 2.5 liters of nitrogen and oxygen per 1 kilogram (2.2 lb) of water,[36] that is 50 times higher than those typically found in ordinary freshwater lakes on Earth. The sheer weight and pressure (350 atmospheres) of the continental ice cap on top of Lake Vostok is believed to contribute to the high gas concentration.
en.wikipedia.org...

I worry they may trigger an ignition of gasses which will rupture the thick ice sheet. This will create a great tremor that dislodges numerous giant ice bergs into the Arctic ocean.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
It is somewhat encouraging to find someone who is keeping up with Lake Vostok, Antarctica.

While I only want to add something of importance to this threads subject matter, it is important to bring certain facts into perspective when researching Lake Vostok.

While all of the drilling, break through, secrecy, anomalies and drama with the Russians over Lake Vostok, no one other than myself has repeatedly asked the same question of ATS members and others about why certain questions have not been asked of key people.

While the magnetic anomaly below Lake Vostok is massive in size, it is reported as being the size of Los Angeles and to add to this anomaly, is that the water temperature above the object ranges from 55* to 65* temperature as determined by NASA scientist.

NASA has done thermal imaging and has much more information and data on the large magnetic anomaly and Lake Vostok than most understand.

What most do not understand is that everything I just mentioned was reported on during a live interview with Art Bell of C2C on April 21, 2001.

That's right, I said April 21, 2001 and just so you dont think ill of me, I have provided the link to the very video that I refer to at the end of this posting.

Art Bell was interviewing Richard C. Hoagland on April 21, 2001 about Lake Vostok and the magnetic anomaly that was discovered. All of the remarks and tid bits of information I refer to came from that interview with Richard C. Hoagland back on April 21, 2001.

I once again mention this fact as part of a Lake Vostok discussion, because I find it hard to believe that no one other than myself can realize the significance of this fact and what it implies in 2012 when we are still wondering what is down below Lake Vostok.

No one has gleamed the importance of this find, because as I have posted before, why has no one confronted Richard C. Hoagland about all the recent Lake Vostok discoveries and asked him, why he has been silent on this matter?.

Why has Richard C. Hoagland not commented in any interview about such a fact that he has been aware of such a massive object under Lake Vostok since April 2001 and most importantly, when all the recent Russian drama was ongoing during their drilling, why did not Richard C. Hoagland get interviewed about such matters?

The silence on this matter from the Hoagland camp has been deafening and tells me that if such anomaly concerns and research was conducted by NASA in 2001 of which Richard C. Hoagland was a part of, then why did Hoagland remain silent during all the Russian drilling in 2011?

I feel that the magnetic anomaly and or unknown submerged object the size of Los Angeles is a matter that NASA does not want anyone to remember and which Russia is also pleased that no attention of that nature was brought regarding the Russian true purpose of drilling in the first place.

We should demand more answers from what we already know and if we determine who has already reported what, then we should not ignore the fact that most if not all of the Lake Vostok concerns stem from the lack of discussion about the magnetic anomaly and the speculation that it could be a space craft that has some energy source that continues to heat the waters in Lake Vostok.

I hope this offers some new background on Lake Vostok, but in my honest opinion, not until Richard C. Hoagland is made to answer some questions on this matter will others begin to know or understand why I think as I do on this matter.

Lake Vostok will come up again in the future, but until then we should not act as if what happened at Lake Vostok last year is something new, because it is not.

April 21, 2001 is before 911 and any interview conducted by Art Bell on such a date with Richard C. Hoagland begs the question of why no one, not even Richard C. Hoagland has offered any explanation about this most ignored fact of history.

Why no one has interviewed Richard C. Hoagland since regarding Lake Vostok is what concerns my sensibilities about why no discussion about the greatest find in history by someone like Richard C. Hoagland who truly likes to talk and give interviews has not commented.

Link to short You Tube video with Richard C. Hoagland being interviewed by Art Bell on April 21, 2001.

www.youtube.com...

I hope this adds to the discussion, but if you are truly keeping up with Lake Vostok, then this tid bit of history is key to anything we might want to ask in 2012 about such an anomaly under Lake Vostok and what if anything NASA and Richard C. Hoagland know about an such a large object the size of Los Angles buried under Lake Vostok.

Thanks for the thread.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

Thanks for all the info you raise some important questions as I had no idea that Mr Hoaghland was interviewed about this way back in 2001 ,I guess the authorities find something like this then report on it and then ignore it and hope that all the hype will die down so that they can quietly get on with dissecting it ,I mean an object that big down there! I would very much like to know what it is and if it is that big then it does make sense that it could be keeping the bottom of the lake at a constant temperature,I wonder if Mr Hoaghland has not had a muzzle slapped on him to keep him quiet although having read some of his books he does not strike me as the type of person to be intimidated by the government or whoever is involved with running this particular project.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join